Jesus fucking christ even the simplest task is a nightmare in Windows 10. This is a fresh install...

Jesus fucking christ even the simplest task is a nightmare in Windows 10. This is a fresh install, the first thing I do is open paint, and bam an error. And why does every error message have poor punctuation and a thick Indian accent? I'd prefer "Illegal error: 55748" to this "I want to be your friend Sir please install adverts thank you Sir" bullshit.

Attached: Untitled.png (809x612, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bmrf/tron#full-tron-description
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh and clicking Ok on this does nothing, the only way to kill is it via task manager. What the fuck

>Shit that doesn't happen: The post
You're either full of shit or you installed a pirated version infected with Russian malware.

It's an official iso from microsoft site

but go on, suck ms cock more faggot

why is "itoddlers" a meme when ms is far wose

ms shills work better

>You'll need a new app to open this ms-paint

Attached: excited.png (665x800, 25K)

>N-n-no!!!! Y-you're lying!!! WINDOWS IS PERFECT!!!!
Imagine being this much of a brand whore.

Default apps and settings are a fucking nightmare in windows 10, you've never worked with it before

Does windows have an equivalent for kolourpaint?

Everyone, open Paint and try to replicate OP's message.
Not to defend winshit but that looks like bullshit to me.

I've worked with several Windows 10 machines with various different policies, and I've only had this happen if you click the
>Edit with Paint 3D
button when it isn't installed.

Attached: 1544837991622.jpg (731x720, 120K)

What the fuck is a Paint 3D?

Literally in the picture you dumb nig nog.

Attached: file.png (61x72, 2K)

I asked what the fuck it is, not what the button says.

Search "you need a new app to open this" and see all the complaints on Microsofts support forums. I don't know how to make it happen, but it appears to be real and effect many different programs. First hit on google is for calculator.

Google it you fucking retard.

I only get a gazillion ads for downloading it in the microsoft store.... This is the problem with microsoft products

The first entry for "what is paint 3d" is literally Wikipedia.
You're just a retard.

>The first entry for "what is paint 3d" is literally Wikipedia.
Now, why would someone lie about this? Fucking MS shills.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-10_15-07-14.png (937x874, 184K)

Sorry, Muhammad.

Attached: file.png (1327x921, 348K)

What the fuck is wrong with your text rendering?

Dunno, never noticed. It's 7.

>A thread died for this shit.
Imagine fucking up the simplest of all os installation. Just call your nearest pajeet call centre to fix it up ishill soiboi. An average shitskin has more IQ than you. And next time post it in >>/sqt/ like the retarded gorilla you are.

Make a webm of it or it didn't happen

>Imagine fucking up the simplest of all os installation
Windows isn't "simple" by any metric.

Use antialiastuner

get a load of this seething winfag

Why don't you just use mspaint XP?
It prettier and simpler.

It seems you have misspelt "Linux" over there, buddy.
Don't worry though, fixed that for you.

>needing to install an app to render text properly
Fucking windows, how does it work?

Attached: soylent-soy.jpg (1024x930, 154K)

I don't care enough to do so.

>mspaint XP?
How many fucking built-in paint apps are there? Paint .NET, Paint 3D, MS Paint, MS Paint XP... And people complain about Loonix being fragmented, holy fuck.

>It seems you have misspelt "Linux" over there, buddy.
Baby duck

Attached: ducky2.png (128x128, 35K)

Spoken like a true cuck.

that's an addon

Is this bait?
There's Paint and Paint 3D in current builds, and Paint is being removed soon.

How the fucks is not caring about font rendering the same as being a cuck? Are you sure you aren't just projecting?

Winfags everyone.

What an argument.

Attached: 1525071957500.jpg (615x626, 44K)

Says the guy using an EOL'd operating system because the current version is too invasive, yet he doesn't understand the criticism against the OS.

3/5 machines I own are on 10 and the 2 that aren't is because they are primarily used for work and I still need to test everything I use thoroughly on 10 to ensure it still works as well because I absolutely need them. The plan is to upgrade once the October 2019 build comes around or see if I can get a volume license LTSC key from someone I work for.
Also, 8+ months of free support is hardly EOL.

Stop assuming things just because you have no arguments you dumb faggot.

Anyone else remember when Microsoft tried to replace Paint with Paint3d and everyone lost their minds?

Imagine being in Microsoft's chokehold this much

>How many fucking built-in paint apps are there?
Idk because I'm not a Windows 10 user, but I'm 99% sure that mspaint XP is not. You have to download it separately.
I just prefer it over Windows 7/8.1/10's ugly "modern" version, that's why I suggested OP to use it.

>You have to download it separately.
Apparently OP has to download additional applications to make the built-in one work too, so I dunno either.

That still isn't an argument, you know.
Also, I have 2 machines on Debian if that makes you feel better.

Attached: 1470619044252.png (585x805, 961K)

>That still isn't an argument,
I'm not arguing, friend. I'm merely making an observation.

My observation is that you're a faggot.
Post screenfetch.

Works on my machine

Not installed, because I'm not ricer faggot.

Post a print screen then.
This place is full of baiting LARPers and you're more than likely one of them.

>Post a print screen then.
Of what?

Desktop works, with uptime so we all know you aren't booting up a VM.

Okay, but why? Are you in disbelief of me running Linux?

Attached: fucking-jpeg-because-4mb-limit.jpg (5120x1440, 3.91M)

I hate Winblows 10 as much as the next person but this is just fake news. kys.

>chrome
>steam
>spotify
>skype

I'm running Linux to make my life easier, not because I'm some paranoid aspie.

>thing I don't like

And I'm running Windows to make my life easier.

Attached: 394b10ace6d862cb47fed9aff800f274208715e1b21d2df716f4d60eaedf7514.jpg (800x600, 17K)

As I already said, could be baby duck syndrome. Even if it isn't, doesn't mean that Windows is simple by any metric. All the hoops you have to jump through when you use it just makes it painful to use.

How is Windows not simple?

>retard can't even use paint
oh look! yet another retarded kid blaming others for his own ineptitude

pathetic Jow Forums is pathetic

>could be baby duck syndrome. Even if it isn't, doesn't mean that Windows is simple by any metric. All the hoops you have to jump through when you use it just makes it painful to use.
Guy who you Baby Duck'd earlier here.
It sounds to me like you've never used Windows, or at least haven't used it in the last 20 years.

Leaving Day 1 tweaks aside, because you have to do those in any OS you use to work more comfortably and have the OS behave like you want it to, I haven't had any problems like you're describing on Windows.
There's no "hoops" to go through, you install, validate, configure and you're done, you just use the OS from there on however you want to use it and to accomplish whatever tasks you want.

Going back to the baby duck syndrome, I did try to use Linux plenty of times back during 2007 to 2014, but I ended up giving up because the OS wasn't too intuitive back then, and I could also not download the driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT either.
I do plan to try it out again at some point though, maybe in a couple of years.

No realistic LVM alternative, impossible to upgrade boot disk to a larger disk without Windows freaking out and refusing to work.

No central package manager, have to rely on uninstall shields to clean up properly (which they often don't) and maintaining multiple versions of the same software libraries is a real headache and requires a bunch of manual and menial work. Dealing with multiple versions of drivers (for example for CUDA development and developing for CUDA 7, 8, 9 and 10) is really painful. Checking which version of the driver is currently running either means clicking through SIX (6) fucking dialogues or hacking some shitty powershill script that parses the system eventlog. Not to mention that replacing the driver in runtime just isn't practically doable (and most of the time ends up bluescreening).

PCIe hot-add doesn't really work, so I have to reboot in order for Windows to even detect my external GPU.

>w-windows is hard!
absolute state of freetards
kill yourself

First thing to do is uninstall all store apps, and then maybe install conemu and chocolatey or something to deploy the actual software you want.

There are a good bunch more steps until you made Windows tolerable, but get started, eh,

>because you have to do those in any OS you use to work
I don't, I literally tell the installer to use the kickstart script and it sets up and installs everything for me.

>There's no "hoops" to go through, you install, validate, configure and you're done, you just use the OS from there on however you want to use it and to accomplish whatever tasks you want.
See There clearly are plenty of quirks and hoops that simply makes Windows unusable.

Wow, a whole lot of niche issues that no one gives a shit about and don't affect my workload in any way.
What an argument, you sure showed me how Windows isn't simple!

>taking pride in doing things difficult for yourself
And somehow arch fags are criticised on this board.

>niche
These are things that are extremely trivial to do on Linux, why can't just Windows do things right instead of breaking for no good reason?

It amuses me that freetards call an OS with over 800 million users "unusable" LMAO.

>t. lvl 7 microsoft support engineer.

ITT: winfags arguing that being the usee rather than the user is a good thing

I don't use my computer for anything but shitposting and vidya - the post.

Because no one gives a shit about them. You Linuxfags spend ages bragging about pointless shit that no one cares about, and that's why you'll always be stuck on inb4 b-but you can!!
Yeah, by running one (1) specific distro or needing to patch a fucking browser and install shitloads of KDE dependencies. What year is this?

based

Before you continue, run TronScript or the Windows 10 Decrapifier to save some hours of work figuring out how to clean up all this absolute crap.

Then continue from there.

Memeware. It's one powershell line to remove all UWP bar settings and edge.

Look into the scripts, they handle quite a lot of crap you'd have to manually remove / disable / ...

There is also W10Privacy.

Fair enough, but it you care about privacy it seems silly to run Windows in the first place, but I understand the bloat.

>You Linuxfags spend ages bragging about pointless shit that no one cares about,
This is not bragging, this is simply things that Windows absolutely can not do.

>How about you develop a fucking file picker with proper thumbnails?
Yeah, like we have had for 15 years? Imagine being so desperate you regurgitate 15 year old memes.

Attached: face.png (445x597, 418K)

>Yeah, by running one (1) specific distro or needing to patch a fucking browser and install shitloads of KDE dependencies. What year is this?

Attached: filepicker.png (1052x693, 283K)

>I don't, I literally tell the installer to use the kickstart script and it sets up and installs everything for me.
So you don't remove unnecessary software, tweak the visuals as you see fit and just move stuff around until the OS looks how you want it to?
Well, okay then.

>See
>There clearly are plenty of quirks and hoops that simply makes Windows unusable.
I'm not going to lie, those sound like no-issues for any regular person, but I can understand that developers, programmers and such people might need those capabilities for reasons, so I can understand your concern.

If Linux has those features fully working, then there's that. I'm not going to go ahead and say that Windows is not simple though, it is.
The fact that the Windows OS is missing features has nothing to do with that and sounds like an entirely separate matter, even if again, a valid concern.

Is this bait? This is what people make fun of you fucking retard.

Attached: laughingmeiza2.jpg (223x223, 34K)

Says the guy that is literally running Windows 7 because W10 doesn't work for his purpose / doesn't have the correct license, and is bragging about the fact that his 8 year old service pack is still supported for another 8 months on extended life support.

Kek

Yea. And I admit tronscript IS doing more than a minimum:
github.com/bmrf/tron#full-tron-description

> it you care about privacy it seems silly to run Windows in the first place
I figure a lot of Jow Forums users running Windows do so on a second machine and because they have to.

Either way, just about nobody wants the crap that is disabled/removed. enabling that one thing you wanted if in doubt is easier than having 100000 things you didn't want and changing them all manually.
The defaults are just that thoroughly wrong.

I never said it didn't work, I just haven't tested my software and associated scripts on 10 yet because it is not financially viable to do so at the moment with 8+ months left.
This may be hard for a NEET to understand, I know.

>So you don't remove unnecessary software
What unncessary software is installed on a minimal linux installation? Kickstarter files are a complete list of packages and configs to use.

Yeah, and complaining about the fact that Linux has multiple desktop environments, which you can have on the same installation even, just makes you look retarded, when you run a specific and ancient version of Windows because "you're not sure it actually works on W10".

>complaining about the fact that Linux has multiple desktop environments
Quote where I did this.

>you're not sure it actually works on W10
I strongly assume it does, but why should I take an additional day off work to reinstall again when there is still months to go and I may be getting an LTSC key in 3 months. It makes no business sense user.

Not to mention that it isn't really necessary to reinstall, I can easily move the installation to a different disk with LVM and upgrade my entire computer and just update the kernel and OS when it's time to do that (which keeps my configs and settings). My current workstation is on the second computer (and third disk), without reinstalling from scratch.

>Quote where I did this.
You are regurgitating memes about Gnome 2, a desktop environment version that was EOL'd about the same time your OS was, lol.

user, I assumed you knew more about Linux than me but perhaps not.
It was a reference to the fact that openSUSE ships the patched Firefox + KDE by default, so it has pic related OOTB.
Dumbass.

Attached: file.png (1008x736, 249K)

I'm not using openSUSE, nor am I using Firefox, nor am I using KDE....

How do you get it though? It's been years and I still can't find an actual answer that works. Genuinely curious, I'm about to go back to Linux after a few years off due to video games.

nor do you have the file picker shown in lmao

When it bothered me I just ran suse, but there was a way to patch Firefox so it ran the KDE filepicker instead. Have a look around, I don't remember off the top of my head.
I just use Debian + XFCE now, which works well enough as I don't work with iamges much on that machine.

That is what KDE had for a decade or so now, it's pretty much the fanciest file picker of them all with zoomable images that can even be shown in a folder tree view and so on.

The only thing that people here complained about is that *Firefox* doesn't use this file picker but another one.

Chrom* uses the GTK one as well.

PS: Yes, that's *Firefox's* (well, Mozilla's) choice, they've even actively refused multiple patches to that effect, the patched software to do it existed (I think) already over 10 years ago.

Same thing. Blame the Chrome team.

It's retarded, but it's still a downside of using Linux on the desktop, irrespective of who caused it.

>nor do you have the file picker shown in lmao
Of course not, I have a builtin file picker.

>That is what KDE had for a decade or so now, it's pretty much the fanciest file picker of them all with zoomable images
Xfce has too, pic related. It's the same as but with icon view (and zoomed in a couple of times)

???

Attached: filepicker.png (1052x693, 421K)