Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line...

Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line. And with WSL you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI. Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.

macOS is a good option too, but it's limited to overpriced hardware.

Windows 10 is the best OS for developers right now.

Attached: LearnBash.jpg (1428x800, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>powerful command line
lol.
learn PowerShell

It's what the command line offers: Easy low-level system manipulation and control.

One word. PowerShell. It's amazing. And yes WSL is a fucking godsend.

can you point me to some books/tutorials on Windows PS? I want to learn the syntax but there's so many cmdlets and complexity. I miss grep/awk/sed as well.

>powershell
>wsl
things nobody with a job uses

Every sysadmin with a job right now knows powershell or should learn.

Arguably the configurability and customizability of Linux is its strong suit. I can't even uninstall Cortana on Windows.

Powershell is awful, .NET garbage for retarded Indians.

Why? Most businesses and governments outside of America have dropped Wangblows.

Yeah but then I'd have to use Windows 10, and that would suck.

lol, are you fucking joking?
The German government was one of the only ones to attempt to drop it and they're reverting back to Windows

France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Belgium, and Austria have all dropped Windows, you mong. Stop being such a winjeet.

imagine unironically programming on Windows

My problem with powershell is that most of the windows tools are not made for the command line. On linux, the entire ecosystem is designed for the command line. Powershell itself seems pretty good to me, but I never found a good use for it for that exact reason.

windows = ram consuming fecal sack

Once again GNU/commies spreading misinformation or even totally false facts, how typical...

>Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is having a powerful command line
No. Your premise is wrong and that is causing your conclusions to be wrong.

This. Windows doesn't do anything better. It's the worst OS out there.

>Windows 10 is the best OS for developers right now.
This whole fucking thread is bait.

Attached: 4fc.png (678x450, 257K)

yeah people use linux for the command line. I cannot imagine being this retarded. also your payment of 10 rupees has been transfered to your bank account.

You can do a lot of media production and consumption objectively better on windows. I don't know why people don't just use both operating systems.

>And with WSL you can have that
No, with WSL you can pretend to have that.
>an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI.
Windows 7 is deprecated.

This.

WSL has a lot of bugs and is SLOOOOOOOOOW with input/output. It's a great idea though and having access yo your windows drive through /mnt/ is a game changer

Being rational and using the best tool for the job completely goes against the church of GNU/Linux
It's either use Linux for everything or don't use the shit at all. There is no middle area with these people

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/

>List-Items instead of ls
Pajeetware garbage

I wouldn't even go that far since hypervisors can share directories.
WSL isn't even useful for developing native programs in a Linuxy way, you need MSYS2 for that.

>must defend m'linux
Aww.

>Windows Subsystem for Linux
>Windows Subsystem
>for Linux
>Windows
>for Linux
>FOR LINUX

I see what you did there Microsoft.

Incoming Linux kernel running a Windows DE when?

Attached: steve-brule.gif (500x281, 991K)

The worst part about this thread is that OP isn't even baiting...

Attached: 1550807726396.jpg (497x427, 106K)

>GetAllDickInAnusObjects.sortByLength()
yeah... flawless shell

>office drones
>sysadmins
pick one

WSL is garbage and doesn't work properly. I tried doing some actual development with it and everything was broken - just like Windows.

Anything that you can do "objectively better" on Windows has nothing to do with Windows itself being any better at that task, it's just because the third party software you want to run only has a Windows client currently. GNU+Linux is a better system when the software support is equal. Not to mention it's protecting your freedom a lot better than Windows.