It's over

It's over
Even Samsung is abandonning it
The headphone jack is dead and burried

Attached: dead jack.jpg (374x166, 8K)

It will live on in our hearts and in our chinkphones

it's a good thing the 10 is perfect, I have no need to update past it

I hate that this is happening. This whole "thin and light" trend needs to fucking die.

Then don't buy a new phone

Even thicc phones don't have it

>Even Samsung
Buy LG :^)

it doesn't even look thinner than the s10

We don't need them.
Keep your music devices separate.
Cellphones collect data and emit radiation. You're a retard if you use one for music instead of a dedicated device.

Attached: 1554773915751.jpg (960x755, 133K)

3.5mm isn't that thick, where did this meme come from?
Even then, they could go to 2.5mm to maintain the jack.
But even now we have phones with 3.5mm jacks that are so thin that they're uncomfortable to hold in hand. Thin phones are garbage.

Honestly I might buy into the DAP meme
At this point next year when I buy a new phone, my choices will be extremely limited if I want an SD Card and a headphone jack

Time to never buy another phone ever

This.
Buy phones, just buy a DAP separately.

On GSMArena, you can find 15 Samsung Devices from le current year with a headphone jack, chill.

Fuck up autist. It's retarded to buy a separate device for something your phone alreddy does. There's literally no reason not to use a phone to listen to music. Stop being an autist.

its the bidding of the music industry, they dont want you to have non-drm playback

>even Samsung is abandoning it
They are literally Korean Apple at this point

Damn u smart boy, lemme whip out my Sony Walkman

It's not even a meme, Apple is always looking for ways to milk more money out of their products, this was their latest idea and it stuck, just look at the T2 chip too.

Honestly, if it carries on like this computing is going to become a very difficult hobby to enjoy, especially with every retarded Apple wannabe jumping on the latest anti-consumer trends just so everyone can say they've made a profit this year and can keep their jobs.

xiaomi is best

>Cellphones collect data and emit radiation.
so?

???? Wtf????

Xiaomi mi mix 2 and 3 don't have the p2 jack.

Cool another phone brand I won't buy from once my current phone dies in a few years.

>thin and light

Attached: energizer_unit_vsavov4.jpg (2040x1360, 190K)

wouldn't it be cool if Sony made an mp3 player that looked like a miniature walkman

Attached: aesthetic as fuck.jpg (600x841, 58K)

Don't think it'd be very good. Aesthetic as fuck? Yes. Really usable? Probably not.

As much as I dislike settling for less features on a new phone, I'd say it's pretty pointless to have a 3.5mm jack on most phones if they're going to use a terrible DAC inside the phone. Just get a DAC and a new phone.

I would actually use a phone that thick if the battery lasted for a week.

The endgame of companies is to have total control over what you can see and do. In the end, you'll have a barely interactive device that spoonfeeds you everything and normal desktops will be a relic of the past or used solely for job-specific things. Even then you're probably just be using a terminal with little to no customization.

>tfw we're going back to flip phones and tablet hybrids
>just up the specs a little and add 9 cameras
is innovation dead?

>There's literally no reason not to use a phone to listen to music. Stop being an autist.
Doesn't have a way to connect to my earphones is a pretty good reason.

Attached: blob.gif (128x128, 10K)

don't kill my dreams man

I used to scoff when anons said this was coming, I mean these were the same guys saying tablets would kill desktop computing. But yes, it's clear this is what companies want, and why wouldn't they? At least we can enjoy it for a short while longer by the looks of things, but I'm not going to be surprised if everything has gone to shit ten years or so from now.

>muh headphone jack

Attached: boomer.png (403x347, 103K)

Whats the point in the 3,5mm jack anyway? Usb is better because it's digital and all you need to do is slap a converter on your headphones

What the fuck is wrong with consumers, honestly?

Attached: X220-22.jpg (800x574, 168K)

jfc
Just buy an otg dac or even a dap if you're too autistic to use bluetooth.

Attached: you_stupid_bitch.jpg (853x480, 66K)

>Usb is better because it's digital
But that's what allows hardware DRM. You can't have hardware DRM with analog. Plus with USB, vendors can blacklist/whitelist devices.

Didn't think about that
Is this a real thing? Like the hdcp shit on monitors?
All i really cared was the better sound quality from digital devices

This is possibly the dumbest post on Jow Forums in a long time. The only reason for a DAP over a phone is a more powerful amplifier.

>just use air pods and spotify

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (931x682, 426K)

stop buying shitty phones

Thats why you buy phones that still has the 3.5 jack, like chinkphones.

>proxy.duckduckgo.com
Do you trust DDG more than the site which hosts the image itself?

Well I guess they don't need my money then. Good thing chinks do.

>proxy.duckduckgo.com
I bet you use your camera to take screenshots, too.

Attached: I wonder who could be behind this post.png (290x352, 56K)

>save the image
>default ddg filename
>shall I rename it, I mean it's bound to trigger someone
>nah they aren't that autisti-

I'm sorry but without a display it'd be pretty shitty and that'd ruin the aesthetic. It's actually really sad cause I'd buy it in an instant.

>no screw tray
reeeeee

I'll just pirate the music and play using a non-drm player then. Literally what the fuck is the point.

Still using a oneplus 3t with 6GB RAM and headphone jack. Still active developement of Lineage for microG .

Any good reason to switch to a new FLUGSCHIB phone? No? Good

Honestly they're trying their hardest with their "fLaGsHiP pHoNeS" to drive away any and all people that haven't been declared clinically brain dead yet. By now there is literally negative reasons to go with a 1k phone over some cheap 100$ smartphone that is better in basically all aspects that matter.

Same. Time for these retards to develop good batteries instead of introducing shit gimmicks

What the fuck dkes DRM have to do with the headphone jack?

The Librem 5 will save us all!

Attached: 1521692830767.jpg (652x315, 33K)

>Librem

Attached: 1529873828846.png (379x418, 51K)

This. Jack is needful

With a digital signal an app could request info about the device it's outputting to, and lock you out if it isn't happy with it.

Thickness was an excuse to remove the port for easier waterproofing. The first iphone without a 3.5 jack was actually THICKER than its predecessor.

I still don't get this. Why would you sacrifice ANYTHING to be able to have your phone lie in 50cm deep water for 30 minutes if you're lucky.

Can't drive high impedance headphones is a good reason.

This. Ever since my experience with a high impedance headphone I've come to agree with this.
Unless it's LG, that is, but that's about it.

Also, that's like saying "don't buy a separate camera since your phone can already take pictures" and we all know how absurd that is.

shh
go back to sleep goy
stop asking questions

Attached: 1552919114872.jpg (737x1024, 169K)

>fall for the bluetooth meme
>LTE works like a jammer to it
>basically unusable in crowded spaces or for streaming unless you hold your phone directly in front of you
I expected nothing and I was still let down. Even an adapter is better than this.

Shill me then.
Recommend me preferably a single device not a stack with proper battery life that can comfortably run my IEMs and a high impedance headphone if I am so inclined to use it in the future.

Isn't the dongle the better alternative, though? If the headphone jack is fucked then you have to go through a repair / replacement but with a dongle if it busts then just easily use a spare replacement and if the USB-C port gets fucked either way it's piss easy to replace and most chink dongles support the jack and charging. Butchering the jack is honestly way more beneficial and convenient.

You fail to see the big picture. The jack will live on in just about every other thing that doesn't get easily replaced every year.

And there's one other place the jack (or any other wired connection) will literally never die in: Airplanes.

They never know what they really want so they get led by the nose with every other popular trend the corporations themselves begin.

No you don't get it bluetooth will totally take over everything! Who needs quality, low latency, reliability, etc anyways? And please do the needful and ignore those 6 gorrillion other problems bluetooth has.

>If the headphone jack is fucked then you have to go through a repair / replacement
>if the USB-C port gets fucked either way it's piss easy to replace
Well which one is it then? Why is one a hassle to replace but the other isn't? And must I remind you that in the case of using USB-C for headphones, you're putting combined usage of previously two ports on a single one, so it's a given it'll croak sooner. At that point a smarter thing is to just go bluetooth.

I have literally never in my life seen a busted 3.5mm jack on any device. It's neither beneficial nor convenient.

How do you use headphones and charge the phone at the same time without a headphone jack?

I don't actually know anyone who has bluetooth headphones but they look uncomfortable and significantly less convenient than just plugging a cord in a jack. What happens if one pops out? Does it just hit the street or is there some kind of torture clamp that keeps them in?

Attached: 1454952785719.jpg (636x639, 36K)

Ok retard but it's advisable to make calls on phone with headphones to not keep your cellphone near your head. You are you supposed to do so without audio? Fucking mouth breather

No idea for headphones, but for earbuds your ear wax should create a good gluely suction that keeps them in nice and tight.

And don't forget 4 hours of battery life tops. But that is totally okay because it's so convenient and comfortableâ„¢ it's better on non in ears but those still have literally every other problem wireless in ears have.

You either use bluetooth for headphones, a wireless charger for the phone or both.

g
Gosh I'm never giving up my V20

>earbuds
That is what I meant. Anyway it isn't like it happens to me a lot but sometimes when I am wearing wired earbuds and doing something more strenuous than slowly walking one of them might pop out. The wire keeps me from having to chase them around of the ground.
I also love having to charge every item in my house.

>apple does retarded thing
>everyone else follows
Fucking shit why
Is there a legitimate reason not to include the headphone jack?

That's probably the only good reason to still have the jack on phones, 2bh.
Built-in microphones on even the best wireless headphones just aren't there yet.

>I also love having to charge every item in my house
And then having to rebuy your entire fucking apartment every two years because everything uses retarded lipo batteries that die faster than the average African child.

Seems like a hassle to have to buy a new pair of headphones or a new charger when a headphone jack makes the process simple. Don't these companies think about the consumer?

Closes the analog hole, the oldest trick in defeating DRM

>Don't these companies think about the consumer?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1519128128168(Photo)(noise_scale)(Level3)(x4.000000).png (824x800, 399K)

This

I would

>Don't these companies think about the consumer?
Yes, they are constantly thinking about new ways how to screw you over.

It's to save on space for our AI bitcoin miners. Also, we now have wireless headphones on sale for $259.99, what a steal!

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 543K)

>reeeeediation
this meme ruins societies

Great, looks like I'll save lots of money by never buying a phone.

>buy two devices goy
No headphone jack, no buy. You're looking only encouraging them to remove the headphones jacks from other devices.

moto g7 has it and that's all i care about

Lol wtf Xiaomi hasn't had a headphone jack in the Mi series in since anything after the Mi Max 3.
You can only get a headphone jack on the Redmis which are low quality and anything other than the Redmi Note 7 has microB instead of type C.

>tfw G5 SE w/ Hi-Fi Plus upgrade
It's not perfect but the audio quality makes up for it.

Good, I'll go buy me a dumb phone if you won't allow me to use a smartphone.

how many people recorded audio output from their iphone before the headphone jack was removed
like i'm pretty sure most people involved with that would not be using their iphone's headphone out to do that

My Moto z2 is thin as fuck, I really don't see how could it be more thinner and it still has a 3.5mm jack.

good thing motorola and chink companies say fuck you to those standards and just make phones for the working common man that doesnt need gimmicks to spice up his life

LG v30 or LG v20 that can be brought used/refurbished cheaply. They both have a quad dac that you can run high impedance headphones with. LG v30 has nicer display but the LG v20 has a removable battery. You can buy a monster 10000 mah extended battery for it that will let it last a few days.

I'm satisfied with the battery life with my LG v30 though. Happy Jow Forums recommend it for me.