Are you READY for 8K broadcast anime?

Are you READY for 8K broadcast anime?
8K anime releases are coming whether you like it or not!
deliciousslurper.blogspot.com/2019/03/8k.html

>718MB per minute
>15GB per episode
>185GB per season

Attached: chino transform!.gif (360x360, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bs-tbs.co.jp/epg_4k.html
cellphoneanime.com/downloads.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll stick with 1080p.

Does anime even have enough detail to be drawn in 8k?

I'll stick with 480p.

I would much prefer 1080p 60fps animation

anime isn't even broadcast in 4k yet...

I download eps of One Piece in 480p and, honestly, can't see the difference. All the characters have solid color appearances, so it really doesn't matter.

I'll download the 720 version

yes i'll be taking that snakeoil, just waiting for my 8k monitor.

bs-tbs.co.jp/epg_4k.html

>23:00 けいおん!10周年記念アンコール「楽器!」
>23:30 BAKUMATSUクライシス▼第2話

Probably upscaled but still

Does that mean now I have to buy a 4k monitor if I want to continue watching anime?

Attached: they have met.png (1356x1418, 1.77M)

Seek medical assistance

Only this one guy can cap these shows so the memecartel won't be able to release them in the forseeable future

Aren't they in Japan also going to be broadcasting the olympics in 8k?

That's the main reason for the 8K channel

why can only one guy do it?

>my x200 chugs at 2FPS with the fans screaming
pls no

Attached: tomoko3.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Read the blog. There's a new protection system called A-CAS. He even had to gut the protection chip (previous system used cards, now it uses chips inside the compliant devices) and make a card out of it.

Attached: cards.jpg (960x1280, 175K)

it's probably already drawn in resolutions way higher than that

Digital anime is drawn at broadcast resolution. It's why bluray releases of early aughties animes are so ugly.

ah okay i assumed with newer anime theyd draw at way high resolutions and downscale just because on modern hardware thats easy

Attached: 1553151124819.jpg (754x638, 81K)

based legally blind 80 year old

Does modern anime even have enough detail to warrant 8k use?

i dont even have 4k yet. all of those are just a waste of expensive resources

is that thing real

Unironically 480p. At watching distance and with my eyesight anything beyond that is unnoticeable.

Well, it says hax

718MB of moeshit per minute.

Attached: Bruce Willis contemplates life.png (358x520, 257K)

wont work well without modern hardware then

That's cool, but no way fags are gonna be able to stream it over cable or internet, so it'll either be relegated to Blu-ray releases or something.

Where do you live? I definitely can stream 720MB per minute with my fiber optic connection, and even people with much lower speeds could, you don't need that much bandwidth to download 720MB in a minute, those are like 2010 speeds.

It should be doable with about ~110mbit which isn't anywhere near rare these days in a lot of countries and it definitely isn't isn't in Japan. Where do you live that you can't stream at least 150mbit for a decent price?

In Idaho. I get like 1.2 MB down MAX.
I feel like your bullshitting, but honestly I'm so out of touch with internet speeds and networking in general that I can't even tell.
Life is pain.

Attached: 787984.jpg (872x534, 81K)

makes sense since most studios nowadays draw using vectors, they could release 16k

I will still stick to 240p.

Well I'm definitely not bullshitting this is not the best my internet can do, but it's the only screenshot I have on my phone

Attached: Screenshot_20190410_234031.jpg (1080x966, 95K)

he is not wrong
blurred raster lines and solid fills, there's no benefit from higher resolution

Reminds me when there was just one group releasing the TS that every other group relied on.

I need me some 8k hentai

>hates bloat
>watches anime at 8k
>not just watching [Cell Phone Anime]
explain yourselves?
cellphoneanime.com/downloads.html

>doing all this for simple 2D drawings
Yikes.

>15GB per episode
That's a pretty small file size considering an episode of 1080p anime is 8 GB.

Attached: fatesize.png (1105x681, 47K)

>8K broadcast anime?

I'll wait for vector anime

fuck yes give me the new re:zero season 2 in 8k.

720p is all you need really.

>8K
>it's upscaled 720p

If they can truly 1080p that is already something.
Most of anime out there still 720p upscaled.

Hmm that's why modern anime looks like shitty flash animation

What a hero.

Bdmv at 8gb?

with proper mpchc/madvr scaling, hes absolutely right.
anime should be a vectorized format.

I will stay with HS 480p

Anime is still literally 720p lmao

>streaming

Attached: download_20190407_210456.png (601x601, 264K)

really
I live in VN a shit hole country rural area and I got 3.5-4 MB/s.
You got scammed, man

get a better computer you lazy fuck

Yo that’d be dope

Most anime is still drawn in 720p or 900p. 1080p are generally upscales.

im a retard, but what prevents video from being encoded as svg+opus in mkv container?
isnt mp4 just jpg together with mp3 or aac?

Sometimes it's not even 720p. They just upscale their work to 720p, then encoders upscale them again for 1080p.

Every container has a specification on what combination of video/audio codec it accepts.

Why are nips so behind on tech? They still use XP, IE, Active X, flip phones...

MB per minute
GB per episode
GB per season
That's like nothing though with today's internet speed and cheap storage.

todays anime is much more than just lines and filles though

it's also CGI

With modern hardware decoding, even 4W shit can play it, while your old rustslab can't.

This. Why the fuck would you bother with anything higher when the show is airing? Later buy the BDs if you like the show that much, and if not, then who the fuck cares?

>XP
>flip phones...
If you look at the absolute state of Windows 10 and modern smartphones, I think they're way ahead of us in this department.

>IE
>ActiveX
A lot of huge corporates are still stuck with those, and they can't be assed to rewrite and retest everything.

Your stereotype is very outdated, check modern statistics on that and you'll find that over half of them use smartphones and that 10 has over 60% market share while XP has below 5%.

High bitrate 480p is better than any of the shit you can acquire in 720p or 1080p on your official NA releases / torrents.
Also, keep your head further away from the screen than 5 inches. mouthbreathers.

I watch anime on my 65” 4K TV, and you can definitely tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Why not just fucking broadcast it as SVG/flash animation?

Attached: characters_group.png (1152x383, 384K)

Because then all anime would be homestarrunner quality. I mean sure a lot of anime is drawn on a computer these days but it's still rastered out at a certain size and effects put on top of it.

what's the point if everything in anime, besides key frames, looks like absolute trash drawn by underpaid, sleep deprived insectoids with lacking skills from korea?
I'll stick to 720p since barely any anime is broadcast even in 1080

I opened up that png and it looked awful. Sure it's probably compressed but it there's no detail in the image that makes 8K worth it. I resized it down to 4K and put that version in the corner here, and that looks okay. But I don't think animators will want to spend that long going into so much minute detail just for the meme idiots who buy 8K TVs right now

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 09.08.56.png (579x526, 459K)

I would understand Disney, but anime in general? It's fucking absurd.
It's like with phone cameras.
Who cares how many gigapixels they have if the quality remains total shit?

576p master race reporting in

No matter how much you shill 8K anime production will just stick to 1080p. Higher resolution requires more people working on video processing, meaning anime productions have to spend more money.

Just no.

>anime production
*anime production companies

Not really, In order to render anime in over 4k anime companies have to handle cloud-level computing first but unfortunately almost 99% of them are practically tech-blind so nobody in their company can't handle that (lmao)

Have you ever wonder the reason their CG quality is so shit? It's because they're simply retarded. Almost of their 3d cg animators don't even have bachelor's degree.

> 8K anime releases are coming whether you like it or not!
I want 4K re-releases first.

/thread
apply your gay filters on your own machine

ever notice how the more popular anime of the season torrents have a higher seeder count on 1080p variants?

why would you watch anything higher than 720p, though? only really neets watch anime and most of them have shitty old laptops so 720 releases ain't going nowhere.

Why won't fansubbers do 4K releases? There's been 4K anime for some time now and all I see is 1080p at best with useless FLAC bloat.

lol based

>There's been 4K anime for some time
No there wasn't except for all the upscaled shit

Between 1080p and 4K, or 720p and 1080p? Ten years ago it was the opposite, between 720p and 1080p, 720p had twice as much seeders.

Well everyone releases 720p to 1080p upscales all the time so why not 4K upscales?

Because nobody is gonna seed it

Attached: 1552621944141.png (421x421, 308K)

HAHAHAHAHA
Though anime on film will look super good in 4k

ElitistFags. They were just a bunch of people from gg fansubs that thought they were SUPER IMPORTANT while them quitting didn't really affect things in the long run. And the guy from OP's blog reeks of timecop

Who'd do it first? My money is on KyoAni with their all-in-one-building workflow. Maybe SHAFT if PowerPoint can handle those resolutions.

If it was hand-drawn, then sure. Digital is usually in 720p, but many are being thrown in higher resolutions nowadays.

Attached: [curiosity intensifies].webm (1920x1080, 534K)

i'm surprised they draw at such low resolutions kek

Drawing at high resolution is a bit painful for the artist tho

not really they can just use a bigger brush, it'll look the same just not pixelated, they dont have to add more detail

Attached: 1553547024002.jpg (888x1246, 201K)

yeah i wish

there's barely any difference between 480p and 720p, and everyone knows that most anime is upscaled from 720p, so there's is no real point with in anime in 1080p. The only anime that benefit from 1080p are old shows remastered from film negatives, since those are analog and have a technically limitless resolution.