What distro offers the comfiest xfce experience?

What distro offers the comfiest xfce experience?

Attached: asas.jpg (474x296, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/xfce-mirror
github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4/releases/tag/xfwm4-4.13.1)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gentoo/Funtoo. Nothing feels better booting into a fresh bloatless Gentoo install with XFCE. It's the software equivalent of that new car smell.

debian net install

Manjaro XFCE

MX Linux

Xubuntu

Mint.

Debian

/thread

Xubuntu - Comfy and user friendly, however most "bloated" (still very lightweight)
Debian/Devuan - Comfy, free (as in freedom), might not be as normie friendly however minimal and lightweight
BSD - They use XFCE

/xfce
Enjoy your screen tearing

ubuntu

How can I import xfce to a distro that doesnt have it yet
And how can I then commit it to the nest to add it to the distro

I want to help other people with shit computers

Compile it yourself

I mean how do I do that exactly. I'm trying to educate myself on proper fossing

Attached: memery.jpg (480x300, 41K)

any

I'd probably let the distro package repo maintainer take care of it, unless you're on arch you have the AUR

xubuntu is ubuntu with xfce dumbass

Void Linux.

Attached: 1554951100.png (1242x1024, 65K)

fedora

I have trouble learning unless I do and I already volunteered but I keep getting...issues with learning in my own. I need a bit of help from time to time. Even just a vid that shows how someone else did it would help

I've been in Jow Forums for 12 years or more but I've never done real computer shit and i hate myself and i want to change. I cant even finish the trolling bash script I started.

chalet os

Not Arch.

Shit crashes if I have Firefox and VS Code open at the same time.

this

ded

What makes xfce better? I use whatever the ubuntu page told me too.

How do you install it and why

>xfeces
>good

Attached: 1535145245272.jpg (568x445, 27K)

literally any distro (You) like. A DE is a DE after all.

how so?

you are right

Admit it, once you go no DE + tiling WM, even xfce4 is unnacceptable.

No, its not.

Attached: 1554967700.png (800x788, 653K)

github.com/xfce-mirror
Xfce is wery modular so you will need to install all the shit separately. For each thing you want, go to the git repo and clone it.
Example: xfwm4 (the window manager)
-select xfwm
-select the newest release (github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4/releases/tag/xfwm4-4.13.1)
-download the soulce code
-unpack
-read the README. It will tell you what to do
-most of the time this will be running ./configure, then make and then make install
-if you are on ARCH or an arch-based distro, creating your own package is easy with makepkg. The advantage is being able to install and uninstall that package with pacman.
-for info on how to do that just read the man pages for makepkg and PKGBUILD

Linux is very well documented. If you don't understand something use man, apropos and whatis. Search the internet: wikis and stackoverflow have most answers. Nothing bad will happen if you mess up. If it does, just reinstall.

im using xubuntu and it's just great

comfy

Attached: fetchie.png (898x524, 82K)

/thread

none

what's the point of using xfce when kde only consumes like 100mb more ram on average and it's much better and more functional