What linux do I use for 1 gb of ram?

What linux do I use for 1 gb of ram?

Attached: th.jpg (474x266, 8K)

lubuntu

Linux From Scratch

Any XFCE distro

xubuntu
stay away from lubuntu right now, it's "transitioning" so it's not stable at all, at least until 2020.

Debian

arch or debian with i3wm or icewm

devuan + openbox

Windows 10

Attached: 1554852777927.gif (222x162, 1006K)

FreeBSD

to what

Don't worry it will brick itself the first time it uses 100% CPU for more than 5 minutes

>lubuntu is not stable at all

Attached: what a idiot.jpg (1500x625, 133K)

Any will do. I used to run Linux on old pc with 4mb memory. It was OK, kde emacs and Netscape communicator worked good.

lxqt
if you stick to 18.04, maybe, but 18.10 and specially disco dingo is pure pain.
>inb4 duh it's just a beta
yea and it will remain unstable even after releaase. I guarantee it.

Anything but ubuntu and make sure you have a lightweight DE

What makes this one special. Can you run something like libre office with it and 1 gb of ram?

I've heard Puppy works well on low-spec devices, although I can't verify it myself.

xubuntu has all the nice userbase and support than non *buntu distros lack and it idles at just below 300mb of RAM. Also it ocmes with Xfce, one of the few (if not the only) truly 100% stable DE.

this

debian or arch

libreoffice is bloatcentral, i don't know if you can run it with 1gb of ram on anything. if it's doable, it'd either be on xfce or a very slimmed down kde, which would be hard/annoying to setup in the first place

alpine

Libreoffice runs ok on 512m ram, personally checked this.

What happened in this pic? Did he do coffee spill? An networking telemetry?

not gonna lie, that actually surprises me. wish they're rewrite it in rust or something

Literally any of them, just do a minimal install and grab what you need.

Small question
Can you browse Jow Forums or use tor with 1gb of ram. If you can then I am getting a tiny pc just for a smaller backup if my main pc needs to be worked on.

yes as long as you use a non bloated distro, you can probably go as low as 256MB, and i'd say you only need so much because browsers are bloated

Too soon man, too soon.

tinycore

macOS

This
Based and redpiled
/thread

Headless debian.

>4mb memory
the future is now, old man

I shitpost here from Windows NT machines with 128 MB of memory, if you aren’t a social media/web app drone you don’t really need a ton of memory for basic use.

the latest version 5.0.6

Puppy linux

this

Puppy is great as a rescue os but as an actual daily use os with user saved settings, files, etc i always had stability issues. It would save to the save file fine but end up in an endless boot and couldnt startup loosing everything. After a few times i lost trust in it for anything but a great live recovery os

3.x
newer kernels are hell to run on ancient hardware

TDE >>> LxQT
ive tried both on 1gb ram hardware, and for a de that is only ~50mb slimmer, it has about 70% less features

Debian through CLI

current kde is also very light.

Minix via RS-232

Debian netinstall. Otherwise unironically gentoo.

Is this one of those Milhouse is a meme memes?