How powerful will ARM chipsets be in 5 years?

How powerful will ARM chipsets be in 5 years?

The A12 already trades blows with an Xbox One S, will we see phones breaking 5tflops in 5 years time?

Also will Lithium Ion be fine for such phones? I heard Lithium Metal could be out as soon as 5 years. I know Lithium Sulfur is a bigger deal but I've read it has more kinks?

Attached: galaxy-fold-live-shot-samsung-promo.jpg (1600x1200, 129K)

Crap. They are still no match for an old Core2Duo.

Sure, it might trade blows with an Xbox one s.
A console.
That's outdated already for years.
For like 3 seconds before throttling kicks in so it doesn't kill itself.

Great shit.
Oh btw what's all that power used for? Rending videos on your phone in 4k? It's slower in everyday use than most chinks phones

ARM already powers more devices in the entire world, they will become the leader, literally everything is being developed to work on ARM chips now.

They beat Core2Quads man.

A Core2Duo runs GTA5. Can any ARM crap do the same?

They could port GTAV over if they wanted, it's not a matter of power but library.

Not to mention the successor to the Nintendo Switch will run ARM again probably, I'm wondering how that will go.

You realize phone chips run at like 3 watts right. Small space, passively cooled, next to a non user replaceable battery.

As for battery tech, it will always be lithium ion. Standard sized 6" phones now have plenty of room for 3500-4000 mAh batteries. I expect more companies to copy oneplus dash charging ie. lower voltage charging, as it tends to produce less heat.

It's the one on the new iPad Pro I think.
So it's not like they can put that in a phone.

No, they can't. ARM is underpowered compared to even old x86 CPUs. That's the point or RISC CPUs.

Nah, they're great at scamming gookbench but they're still shit for any real computation work, especially when it ventures outside of cache.

Bruh, Switch runs DOOM on a several generation old arm chipset and you argue newer ones 3 times as powerful can't even run the PS3/360 versions of GTAV.

Are you stupid?

You don't understand jow CPUs work.

It cannot beat even pentium 4 instructions set

LOL, Intel shills shaking in their boots.

/thread
ARM is a fucking joke. There is only one SINGLE source on the entire planet that keeps shilling ARMshit as powerful and he's a fucking Applefag shill.

Meanwhile iPhones still can't type text without lagging.

Attached: 1549042667602.png (942x810, 425K)

It cant even beat shit and trash from Intel how can it touch AMD?
ARM is getting better and has it focus on normalfags consumer, that is OK.
But it 20 years early to think that it will surpass AMD&intel architecture anytime soon.

Crysis ported to Android when?

The shit PS3 version could definitely be ported over.

Wouldn't be profitable though, no market.

ARMshit won't ever be worth a damn for desktop as long as vendors continue not giving a fuck about it, and no, shitty wal-mart tablets running the latest DOA ARM port of Windows 10 aren't desktops.

Even the latest flagship SoCs are still sporting 16-bit memory buses and other garbage corner cutting that you can't just skim off of a gookbench score. Give them any task they can't just offload on an accelerator and they'll fucking crumple.

That's essentially just a phone with one or two more features, just has a big screen lol, not like it matters in iOS, the system is so restrictive

>Give them any task they can't just offload on an accelerator and they'll fucking crumple.
This.
ARMshit is like dedicated Bluray players. They're good at the few tiny highly specialized tasks they're designed for like encoding or decoding, maybe even better than a desktop, but give them general tasks and they fall apart.

Attached: 1532292723494.webm (1280x546, 2.76M)

I've personally used Apple and have repaired a couple hundred apple shit devices and have never once seen that happen with the keyboard. Wasn't that specific to one version that was quickly patched?

>tiny highly specialized tasks they're designed for like encoding or decoding
They're not even good at that. They rely on auxilliary chips (often the GPU part of the die) for that.

>ipajeet has to make up bullshit to defend his fruit crap
yikes

The SoCs in the iPads have higher TDP.

I use android now which I though was pajeets phone software of choice, especially given the language quality used on android forums like XDA

Poos are very active in the custom rom scene due to them being poor and wanting to get the most out of their outdated phones.
I wish there was an Android community that has a no Pajeet policy.