What's up with these websites that haven't had a design update since the late 1980s? I mean...

What's up with these websites that haven't had a design update since the late 1980s? I mean, 7zip is a globally use software but they can't afford to modernize their website

Attached: Untitled.png (852x648, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rarlab.com/
thebestmotherfucking.website/
realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software
vim.org
bestmotherfucking.website/
7-zip.org.pl
7-zip.org
hex-rays.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Free software devs can't afford literally anything because
>they do it for free

What's your problem?
You go to 7-zip.org in your web browser, you click download.
Why the fuck would anyone care about design?

Modem web design is crap. This is function over form

I like it. Reminds me of highschool years

This.
OP is a zoomer faggot.
I hate that Realtek updated theirs.

Only shit products need a shiny website. Let the tech speak for itself.

I would think that changing something that works perfectly fine, is simple, lightweight and efficient and does exactly what you expect it to, simply to make it look more modern would be a red flag in a software developer.

new gui ruins credibility and takes away street cred

What exactly would you change? Make it so you have to click on a menu button to bring down the links on the side and call it "mobile friendly"?

there's also no way this isn't some kind of dumb reverse psychology thread cause anyone who's been here for 5 minutes would know everyone loves old internet design here

>how am i supposed to download the app if there arent five download buttons and a material design based ui?!

OP is the typical zoomer that can only use a 300mb node.js "APP" from a cute 80mb website filled with even more js shit in order to accomplish something a fucken command can do.
FUCK YOU, OP.

Attached: file.png (906x625, 77K)

hey thanks for making me check the site, I needed the newest version in my archive

Attached: Capture.png (125x136, 6K)

Look at rarlab.com/
The design is just as simple, but at least it uses JS and Google analytics. That's how you design a site in 2019, gramps.

>Google analytics
you mean that thing I block and never need to unblock?

Attached: Untitled.png (566x889, 58K)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

>07648▶
>modernize
this website is actually too bloated.
should just be a line of what 7-zip is and ftp

people like op are the reason we can't have nice things anymore

Attached: oplives.jpg (498x500, 57K)

Why would they need to "modernize" it? What is needed?

>rarlab.com/
oh these are the guys whose software puts that nice window reminding you you have 40 days to activate it before you're a DIRTY STEALER you ICKY ICKY MAN

7z is just a cheap ripoff of winrar so it makes sense the author stole the website design too

>since the late 1980s?
Are we going to ignore the fact that zoomer thinks the WWW even existed in the late 80's?

Attached: 1533507229038.png (600x642, 184K)

It's called "nagware"

>allowing 3rd-party cookies
>allowing everything from google.com
>allowing everything from gstatic.com

Why would you care about Realtek, what reason could you ever have to visit their site?
Don't even say you use Realtek hardware ironically or unironically, that's not even funny as a joke.

This:
thebestmotherfucking.website/

Attached: 155460614837.jpg (262x198, 9K)

how disgusting is this fucking zoomer. just fuck off

Literally what's wrong with you?

I find newer design better looking but there's no reason for older sites to change. I prefer greater diversity of "time periods" being accessible on the web as opposed to only being able to pages designed in the style of one homogenized era. It's cool to have a tapestry of eras like that.

Ideally, there would be more early 2000s designed sites for my own interests and curiosity.

This is why you don't have a girlfriend, op.

>but at least it uses these antifeatures
I think you need to rethink your post. JS can add additional functionality but just having JS on the page isn't a "feature" itself. And G**gle Analytics provides 0 benefit for the end user, and adds yet another blip to G**gle's already enormous knowledge of users.

Attached: ANGERY doge.jpg (620x543, 25K)

Go fist yourself.

and? why change it if it works, it's like Jow Forums style

>haven't had a design update since the late 1980s?
I went to the site, and it's largely the way it was back in the 90's. Everything worked the same as it worked back then. Free compression utility. No advertisements. Renders quickly. Works in any browser without saturating the CPU. I was unable to determine in WHAT way it was broken that MODERNIZATION would serve as a fix. Was left with no choice but to conclude that if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

As computing gets even smaller and more mobile (battery powered) than it already is, please figure out that simplicity and conciseness are a gift for which there is no substitute. Thankyou.

>clear
>simple
>functional
>lightweight
>WHY WOULD THEY DO IT?

kys

step up your game senpai

Attached: Game Trainers, Cheats No-CD _ No-DVD PlayFixes Patches _ GameCopyWorld.jpg (991x896, 205K)

The website design is perfect. don't fuck with it.

I want to go back.
fastcopy.co.jp

Kill yourself you homo erotic faglord gorilla nigger jew.

mfw i use balena (c) etcher

Attached: b2c.png (1000x861, 259K)

Took me a while to find the new page for their audio drivers but they were last updated 2017/07/26

WTF

realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

Yeah. bootstrap website is literally 1 hour max to make
Retarded boomers as usual

Drivers man, what else?

>design update
Why?

Enjoy your 150MB botnet over 50KB dd wrapper.

Attached: file.png (666x895, 67K)

This design is pretty good. It is not ugly or confusing. No need to fix this.

You RARlets can never compete with us 7chads.

this

>OP is a zoomer faggot.
Well I am both a zoomer and a faggot and I find this website one of best among websites for a FOSS program.
I feel offended

you can open more archives with 7zip and it doesn't nag you, either.

Nah.
This is shit:
vim.org

Nah fuck you
bestmotherfucking.website/

True,
But 7-zip.org isn't.
The truth is that not every 2004 site is good.

Name me a single thing that doesn't work on that website.

And tell me why a fucking compression application needs visual makeover on the website?

not to mention it looks actually BETTER than modern day design

why would you ever put any effort in a website most users will only use once every 5 years ?

when your software requires the user to come. back for documentation or manually update it, you might start to give a shit, but otherwise why bother.

Professionalism. A word open source tards never understand.

Omg someone else understands my pain.

>Professionalism
A fancy word for "I get payed for the pajeet code I write".

It wouldn't have been so bad if their update didn't somehow make it even worse than it was.

This is how all websites should look desu.

Attached: 00C7E1F82B9E4523A968E2D287DF6EF7.gif (326x281, 110K)

grc.com

Get it while it’s hot. I heard he will change it soon

Attached: 2BA5492D-BF7D-4AF9-B99E-C1924A144BC6.jpg (1125x982, 188K)

Name literally one thing wrong with it

>phonefaggot

get out

Professional knows that every bit of work is the bit which wasn't put into every other task.
It's unprofessional to upgrade your site if you have more important tasks to complete.

so much this. I fucking hate the modern web.

I wish websites looked like that again.

they're perfect

>I am an autist and I need my sites to be bloated to the brim so I can satisfy my ADHD
Fixed.

ITT nostalgic boomers

you're no different from that old fart who claims his gramophone records sound better than FLAC

I think it looks fine besides needing to ditch the table style layout, the sidebars, the font choices, and color choices. Make it simpler and clean informational. Did they even have websites in the 80's?

There are 3 websites for winrar:
winrar.pl
win-rar.com
rarlab.com
Which one is the real one, and only the first one looks somewhat modern, while still staying fairly plain.

>Why would you care about Realtek
they now send download link to email instead of plain download.

Wikipedia has rarlab but anyone can edit and control a wiki page, enjoy your malware.

>cheap ripoff
It's superior in every way.

Proprietary software websites were a mistake,
Best part is that there is 7-zip.org.pl it is a 2nd link, it links to downloads from 7-zip.org ,but there is no link to 7-zip.org.pl on the original website.
Makes you think

It's not legit.

You can check the revision history on any page and see if there have been any malicious edits you absolute fucking brainlet.

Getting closer and closer to taking the Ted Pill every single day.

I can locate the download btn in 0.25 sec whats the problem?

SOUL

SOULESS

The good old autismo bug

True

why even care?
you go there once a reinstall

has nothing to do with money. some people are not interested in wasting their time coding a bloated site when all the site needs to do is display basic information and provide links. personally, i would make it look cleaner with some css magic and some decent fonts that takes 5 minutes to do.

IDA has a good site

hex-rays.com/

IDA is using Qt though, bloat. BLOAT!

The site's already perfect. Don't mess with perfection.

Exactly. It's perfect.

Modern web was a huge mistake.

Good.

Attached: 7zip-website.png (886x743, 136K)

Even better with links.

Attached: 2019-04-11-094320_1364x743_scrot.png (1364x743, 170K)

>has nothing to do with money. some people are not interested in wasting their time coding a bloated site when all the site needs to do is display basic information and provide links. personally, i would make it look cleaner with some css magic and some decent fonts that takes 5 minutes to do.
And this is how the web should be. Or at least with free Javascript if necessary.

>ITT nostalgic boomers
>you're no different from that old fart who claims his gramophone records sound better than FLAC
Oh, fuck off. Better to have all this shit and more load up on every website you visit?

Attached: web2.png (365x390, 19K)

>at least it uses JS and Google analytics
If I met you IRL I'd actually kill you
Google analytics isn't a positive, google anything isn't a positive. You make humanity worse simply by existing.

Any dev worth his salt always hated html. 4.0 is worse than 3.2. html5 is worse than 4.0. Component frameworks are an abomination.

>Professionalism. A word open source tards never understand.
>miners, malicious ads, tracking cookies and God knows what else
>professionalism
Nice professionalism you got there.

Reminder that actual web-devs have no saying in web-development and all of this shit comes either from designers(50 1mb images in parallax background) or from managers(20 different trackers). Most of wen-devs are trying to optimize or simply gave up already and just churning out their js from paycheck to paycheck.

No, please, God, do not "modernize" it. No fucking dropdown menus, hovers, 90% of the screen just being an empty fucking void, having to click through 5 menus just to see whatever option you want, and having random-ass clipart symbols instead of titles for your options.

Or as I recently started calling it nig+ware

>downloading software off a website
lmao how quintessentially 1990s

Back in my time when I did webshit and a client came to me with a stupid idea I just told him no and to fuck off.

Attached: 1554438180136.gif (320x287, 982K)