achael.github.io/_pages/software/
achael.github.io/_pages/simulating/
bhi.fas.harvard.edu/people/kazunori-akiyama
news.mit.edu/2019/mit-haystack-first-image-black-hole-0410
twitter.com/smervosh/status/1116346971260846080
github.com/achael
github.com/klbouman
centauri-dreams.org/2019/04/11/reflections-on-messier-87s-black-hole/
old.reddit.com/r/space/comments/bbr85r/mit_grad_katie_bouman_29_is_the_researcher_who/
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/886b07b8a00d142b23a70537511c79bef85e0042
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=klbouman
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=achael
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=michaeldjohnson
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=chanchikwan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

of course reddit will celebrate the achievements of women and computer scientists over cis white male programmers who manage to maintain the complexity of nearly a million lines of code. One is a champion of womyn power and the other is just a cancerous part of the patriarchy.

what

Attached: 1554971309779.png (842x202, 25K)

>900,000 lines of code for visualization algorithm
What the fuck, what could you possibly need that many lines for? He must be a terrible programmer.

>t. retard

Left: The Chad Algorithm Designer
Right: The Virgin Spec implementer

falling for anything u read
it's ai generated photo on RTX TITAN

taking the bait on a post generated by openAI

Attached: pepelaugh.png (378x357, 81K)

achael.github.io/_pages/software/
achael.github.io/_pages/simulating/
He do a lot things outside programming and a lot others persons.

Attached: Real Guy.png (1019x446, 160K)

What about the other 300,000 lines

Even the Redditors didn't fall for this shit. What does that say about you?

Based

> cis
seriously did you just use that acronym when arguing against liberals? you fell right in the trap you cuck

Both: glow in the dark

Attached: A81B3F66-89EA-410D-9205-33DD9D0121D4.jpg (1024x872, 83K)

Thank you user.

I think you mean Virgin Data Entry Clerc.

Bitter incels: the thread

have sex, unironically

lmao incel asshurt

The second co-leader of the EHT imaging group is Kazunori Akiyama with the first being, Andrew Chael.

bhi.fas.harvard.edu/people/kazunori-akiyama

Looks like MIT's social media twitter account didn't collaborate with MIT's own news office since in reality, Katie Bouman did not lead any team at all or was a leader at all.

The actual leaders were Kazunori Akiyama and Andrew Chael.

Notice how before this social media shilling on twitter, the MIT article only mentioned Katie Bouman once at the very end of the article.

>The Haystack EHT team includes John Barrett, Roger Cappallo, Joseph Crowley, Mark Derome, Kevin Dudevoir, Michael Hecht, Lynn Matthews, Kotaro Moriyama, Michael Poirier, Alan Rogers, Chester Ruszczyk, Jason SooHoo, Don Sousa, Michael Titus, and Alan Whitney. Additional contributors were MIT alumni Daniel Palumbo, Katie Bouman, Lindy Blackburn, Sera Markoff, and Bill Freeman, a professor in MIT’s Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

How long before this MIT article written by MIT themselves gets taken down and rewritten to give Katie Bouman a whole paragraph to herself?

When will the mainstream media take responsibility for inaccurate reporting? Why is there such a glaring difference between one of MIT's twitter accounts versus their own press release?

Why were the 2 leaders: Kazunori Akiyama and Andrew Chael completely ignored by everybody else?

4 teams around the world.

American team was ked by Kazunori Akiyama and Andrew Chael.

Nowhere it is mentioned that Katie Bouman led the American team, just only these 2 males who were co leaders.

Where did this Katie Bouman was leader originate from? Even MIT's own news article doesn't mention this.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-10 Kazunori Akiyama - Copy.png (1049x490, 157K)

>team of 200+ researchers
>BUT LOOK THERE'S A GIRL
And no one even mention Sheperd S. Doeleman, the goddamn project director. What kind of joke of a world we are living on?

Attached: 1433245629113.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Good. CS incels have to be put into their place

Bitter incels absolutely SEETHING. No one is saying she was solely responsible for the picture, just that she lead the design of the algorithm used to assemble the picture.

Attached: o.jpg (536x479, 54K)

Welcome to clown world. Work, consume, and die. It's a circus!

Attached: 15541304224570.jpg (2048x2048, 667K)

>the computer scientist behind the first ever image of a black-hole
That pretty much implies she did all alone instead of just a part of the whole research.

But she did lead the development of the algorithm used to make the picture.

Admit it, you are all pissed that she's a better programmer than you all while being a cute girl that you wouldn't have a shot with.

She's Jow Forums nightmare fuel.

who gives a fuck, it's not any bit significant in any way and you can tell because it wasn't done by chinese or indian researchers

>implying implications
wow non-technical people don't understand technical jargon I'm shocked

why is that a nightmare? it's kinda hot to me, beat me up and call me names mommy

really makes you think

Attached: file.png (1309x1729, 506K)

>committing data.

What in the name of fuck.

Lies by omission are still lies. Learn to code, journalist scum.

>She's Jow Forums nightmare fuel.
Especially the trannies on here

One has a vagina though.

you seem upset frend.

>set out with a goal
>worked hard
>accomplished a goal
Isn't famous for spilling spaghetti and mental health issues for all to see.
The anti-Jow Forums.

Attached: FA83E2B0-1EF0-4DF3-B876-AB5C4A8EDAB6.png (635x286, 28K)

>wow non technical people (journalists routinely specialize in certain industries) who edify the proles make gross errors in reporting and ignore all the critical ethics their non-profession stipulates during their schooling
>dude why are you calling them out!!
you, i think have brain problems for even thinking to defend this yellow journalism

Attached: 1550292313692.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Can any ni/g/gas explain to me why it's even a big deal to have a blurry, shit tier "image" of a black hole?

Like why would anyone give a fuck

based

Seeing is believing.

You have to go back

twitter.com/smervosh/status/1116346971260846080

Even if 500000 lines were data, thats still 300,000 more than the jew woman

>(((Bouman)))
>(((Chael)))

who ya gonna call?

Attached: 4.11.2019_9.11AM_screenshot.png (662x808, 86K)

>cis
He's a faggot

Girl has committed 190 contributions in the last year
Guy has committed 863 contributions in the last year

In 2018, the girl commited 3 contributions
in 2018, the guy commited 1000 (few months of overlap into 2019)

In 2017 the project had a few commits from the guy.
(Only a negligible amount of their contributions are to anything but the project)

Overall 1600 contributions for the project, some not from these two people, but some other guys have also contributed.

github.com/achael (guy)
github.com/klbouman (girl)

I dare you faggots to crank call them, use skype just to be on the safe side

Attached: 08A7263C-A581-48E4-A6C6-EDA8DABCA7B8.png (898x578, 521K)

He is worse than us pajeets because he got liberal cucked by a smart, photogenic white woman in MIT.

I can bet ya this isnt the only part where he will be cucked at, it will all come crashing down to him when he watches 6 black kids call him daddy.

we cobbled together a planet-sized radio telescope that has helped us further characterize an active seven billion solar mass object at the core of one of the most massive galaxies in the known universe fifty million light years away and all people can do is endlessly bikeshed identity politics

it’s all so tiresome

centauri-dreams.org/2019/04/11/reflections-on-messier-87s-black-hole/

Jow Forums BTFO
GIRLS WIN THE SEX WAR
EVERYBODY GO HOME AND LICK THE BOOTS OF THE NEAREST FEMALE
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>No one is saying she was solely responsible for the picture
But is what 99,99999% of people will remember. That the first image of the black hole was taken mainly thanks to one girl.

Also I sometimes visit r/space because it is good source of info about space exploration. It always pisses me off that good quality posts receive less upvotes then some shitty brag posts
>link to high quality gallery or a cool video of something related to space
>few hundred upvotes
>guys look what my gf made for me/look at the cake I baked to commemorate some space mission
>few thousand upvotes
>today is in anniversary when a some black dude/woman did something in NASA 40 years ago
>50k upvotes, 3 reddit golds, mods lockdown on comments section just in case

Today it was the same shit.
old.reddit.com/r/space/comments/bbr85r/mit_grad_katie_bouman_29_is_the_researcher_who/
Humanity made a greate discovery but the only important thing for those retards is that A WOMAN took part in it. I don't give a fuck about people, it could be done by a white, black or asian, male or female. What difference does it make, redditors want humanity to move beyond genders so we could strive for greater things but they are the one who are actually obsessed with them and they completely ignore what is really important

Attached: 1549992811841.jpg (399x400, 47K)

He's busy writing code to generate black hole image, meanwhile she's thinking about getting her hole blacked.

fuck forgot pic

Attached: 1554999574323.png (201x206, 67K)

how is a blurry picture of DUST around it more meaningful than actual measurements that tell us the size, mass, position etc?

where do you think we get the measurements from retard

Crazy, right? Tons of people bloat git repos by doing this and also by creating huge blocks of copy pasted spaghetti code in a specific language and lots of HR departments aren't bright enough to even realize it. Then dumbass candidates with inflated repos get past the first screening stages while the concise and security conscious types get tossed to the side.
Its also partuculary scary that this was a government grant funded project which had the data publicly hosted on git prior to final release. If anyone was paying attention, or if they had a crawler running, they could have pirated telescope data over the past few years, have published ahead of these guys, and ultimately have caused millions of tax dollars to go up in smoke lol.

All that reddit gold for a repost , she literally posted this shit on her twitter.

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/886b07b8a00d142b23a70537511c79bef85e0042

Is someone going to point out that right is also a faggot?
oh right, just like 99% of this board

The same shit happens here too but with the knee-jerk contrarian retards falling all over each other trying to find any reason to minimize, dismiss or deny the whole thing. None of the active threads on this topic have actually been about the science, just /x/ and Jow Forums tangents.

I guess I still prefer it to Reddit and Twitter though, at least here I can still call them out and feel smug about it along with all of the other anons that knew about this shit before someone tried to force a trending social narrative on it.

That's a lot of stokes parameters

You know the world is fucked when this is what matters, and not the blackhole itself

>left: propaganda
>right: prole

Well, if they published correct results who cares.

Based.

Attached: Queens.jpg (648x1279, 127K)

Jow Forums can’t use it to feel technically competent or make video games go fast, so who cares about some blurry fuckin dust lmao

This could be said about almost anyone famous in science in the past few decades. You only care because she's a woman. Absolute. Seething.

Attached: m.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

many lmao's indeed /b/rother xD
maximum kæks is be having right now over blurry dust

if you really want to fuck with people go mention how there are other women on the team and none of them are being given attention, only the cute young white girl is.

Probably the people providing funding should, and definitely the people providing money to the fundor via tax law. But then again most people aren't smart enough to think two steps ahead, so whatever I guess.

>cute
>white
pick none

Attached: kode.jpg (960x2254, 536K)

Sensible kek

guy probably doesn't even care about recognition
look at his twitter
instead of his picture as an avatar he has a picture of the black hole

Why do women always act like literal 5 year olds when they achieve anything? Is it to gain more attention/sympathy points? I mean just look at that reaction on the left, it could be mistaken for a toddler getting a toy at Christmas.

I might be wrong, but from my understanding this is not a commercial product, the findings will be shared in the scientific community.
Since you don't expect a onetary return on your investment, why would you care? If anything it's better if someone solves it quicker.
Ok, there is the question of prestige but I don't know if it should be that important.

Women just live off attention and acting cute gives them even more attention.

>If anything its better if someone solves it quicker
Yeah, if its based on their own observations of the same event and they're simply beating you to the punch while working independently. This is different.
The government paid grant money to this research team to cover their salaries/stipends in exchange for their collecting data, writing programs, and developing these photos. They left the data available in a public repo in an insecure fashion for a long time. Literally anyone could have taken the data and have published ahead of the researchers, sullying the results reveal and potentially publishing without any proper accreditation linking back to the actual funding sponsor they've stolen from. This becomes even messier if there are reasonable patents to file that can become attached to the data. E.g. prior to our confirmation of spinning black holes via actual evidence, it'd be ludicrous to walk into a patent office and file a patent for a time machine, generator, or weapon due to the ideas being mostly based in potential applications of a theoretical concept. Over the last two years, you've technically been able to dreg through this publicly available data and actually design such things to legally file at a patent office, and the Gov't wouldn't have been able to do shit about it legally.

Attached: nonono.jpg (325x324, 7K)

Yes the question of patents can be an important one.
Anyway, sharing data on purpose is one thing, but leaving it in the open is another. So yea I agree with you, it was definitelly a mistake.

explain this to a code-let.

It's shopped from a pic of Karlie Kloss. She is trying to change the directory.

dont worry Andrew we appreciate your work

literally EVERYONE IN MAIN STREAM MEDIA is saying SHE WAS RESPONSIBLE what part of propaganda don't you understand?

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=klbouman
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=achael
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=michaeldjohnson
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=chanchikwan

fagdittors literally don't know what the fuck they are taclking about

wtf, they sidelined the poor asian minority guy for this kike? So racist.