This has to be a troll. What kind of a fucking way to code is that?

This has to be a troll. What kind of a fucking way to code is that?

git.io/fjqg3

Attached: kek.png (1506x829, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

people.csail.mit.edu/klbouman/
cms.caltech.edu/people/klbouman
youtube.com/watch?v=BIvezCVcsYs
iopscience-event-horizon.s3.amazonaws.com/article/10.3847/2041-8213/ab0ec7/The_Event_Horizon_Telescope_Collaboration_2019_ApJL_875_L1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the kind that makes history

now seethe, incel

>What kind of a fucking way to code is that?
This is classic scientific programming. This is the reason why these people work in academia on their meme specific problems, and not as professional programmers in the industry.

this

its like prototyping and if its works its used, they dont care about code quality because thats not the goal, just a tool

What makes you think professional software looks any better?
At least mathmaticians are capable of writing their own ugly algorithms rather than being a lowly code janitor that takes other people's UML diagrams and makes code out of them

imagine being a beta redditfag and samefagging on a thread about horrible code. Anyone who has once remotely understood the concept of functions would NEVER write such code.

imagine being so upset over someone writing code that it dominates your whole day

>What makes you think professional software looks any better?
I have a PhD so I am familiar with coding standards in academia, and I also have 5 years of experience from the industry.

>At least mathmaticians are capable of writing their own ugly algorithms rather than being a lowly code janitor that takes other people's UML diagrams and makes code out of them
First of all, the fact that you think UML is still being used is a pretty good indicator that you don't know how the industry is.

Secondly, even in the 90s there were tools to autogenerate code from UML.

Thirdly, mathematicians definitively do NOT understand how to implement their algorithms in code. I don't know how many times during my PhD I was handed some botched Matlab code for some 3D reconstruction algorithm that took a week to run, and asked to "just speed it up with CUDA", basically requiring me to reimplement everything from scratch. Mathematicians know absolutely NOTHING about caches, memory locality, parallelism, data dependencies etc.

Looks okay to me. Most science fags program like that.

why can't mods keep this cancer to a single thread? fucking hell

so MIT niggers really are niggers
why can't mods keep you redditfags off this board? you fucking communistic leftist cunt

UML is still being used.

This post is cancer. Jow Forums is for technology, it is obvious that most don't care about the technology behind that project, it's only an excuse to bash women or Jow Forums shit.
There is no reason why we need so many threads about this.

I've never encountered it outside my first year college class on software development.

is there a definition for the HOPS data format?

If you're complaining about that you've obviously never seen scientist fortran code

Im a self taught programmer. I run my own business with my software.
I program with Qt, under the philosophy as everything as an API.
Should I bother learning UML?

Attached: 1515398753663.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Why are you posting this every day?

couldn't give two shit what some jews are doing. get the fuck off my board, nigger.

imagine being a cryptojew on Jow Forums

Most of the time there's close to no coding standard in academia because there's no need for one. No one will run this in "production" nor will anyone need to pick up on it after the project is proclaimed successful.
This is part of the reason why PhDs aren't good at actually coding when they are fresh out of school. It doesn't mean they can't do it, it's just not what people do in school.

This

>But GUISE! Scientists are SUPPOSED to write shitty code!
This time of white knighting is why the industry is falling apart. We have these mediocre programmers who don't understand what functions are because but are able to stay in the industry because some beta incel Redditor thinks she'll leave Tyrone for him if he is a nice guy to her.

Do you know what she would have done if she ACTUALLY cared about contributing something positive to the world? She'd get a white husband, have a white relationship, and have some white babies. That is how a white woman contributes to the world. Not by some shitty implementation of a questionable algorithm.

I work on a professional multi-corporation European Union funded program along with actual professional programmers that are 50+ years old, and the entire code (20k lines+) is just like that
If it works and you get the money up front, nobody gives a shit

>This time of white knighting is why the industry is falling apart
Except people with doctorates in physics working in research rarely has anything to do with the industry.

too late bro, the history has already been wroten.

>>But GUISE! Scientists are SUPPOSED to write shitty code!
No, scientists write shitty code since they are not programmers.

Stop projecting your sexual inadequacy issues into places it doesnt belong

That's some code I'd put in for shits n giggles

Attached: IMG_5659.jpg (800x628, 62K)

According to her facebook she's already married to a japanese guy, whereas you are sad and alone and will never procreate.

>PhD in Computer Science
>does not understand the fundamentals of functional Programming
where did all the white fucking knights come from?

>20k lines+
That's a pretty small project for a multi-corporation project desu.

>Computer Science = programming
She's a mathematician, not a code monkey.

people.csail.mit.edu/klbouman/
cms.caltech.edu/people/klbouman

Her education is electrical engineering, so no wonder she doesn't know how functions work. If you've ever seen driver code written by hardware people, all they know are ifdefs and cram everything into the same function.

You would be incredibly amazed if you found out what amount of very well known industries would accept that code without a second glance or any sort og testing and put it in production units just because they'll get discounts from the EU and more money for getting to production faster

I'm not amazed, my PhD was an EU project and my current position is also partly funded with grants from my government and the EU.

That's what's funny. Usually only bootcamp code monkeys code like that because they can't into math.

There are two possibilites. Either MIT is shit and they don't know how to teach CS or she is retarded and got her degree by learning everything by heart without understanding it like some Russian communistic cunt.

Well then you already know how bad things really are
I haven't even finished my Master's and I'm getting paid to eternity and back just to help correct for loops and add names to objects

>That's what's funny. Usually only bootcamp code monkeys code like that because they can't into math.
Mathematicians barely know how computers work. See >Either MIT is shit and they don't know how to teach CS
Considering that they have two separate departments, one for pure CS and one called "Electrical engineering and computer science" it's entirely plausible. Just look at publications from MIT with source code, it's not quality code, it's usually some quick and dirty hack so they can publish a paper about it.

The beta male is strong in this one

>hardcoding paths

Attached: katie.jpg (966x1887, 1.12M)

OR MAYBE IT'S A REALLY HARD GODDAMN PROBLEM AND THIS WAS, SO FAR, THE BEST ATTEMPT AT SOLVING THE PROBLEM WITH THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO THEM

>This has to be a troll. What kind of a fucking way to code is that?

please user show us examples of your own work so that we can compare

>Gets called out for being betas
>NO you!
Ebin.

>the amount of white knights defending this incompetent whore in this thread

She is a good girl but media tried to transforme it on next marie curie

Attached: girl.png (504x438, 236K)

Scientiffic computing is distinctly different from "programming". We only write programs to accomplish some goal, and if the programs can accomplish that goal, we're golden. The only time there's a point in cleaning up, and speeding up if the program needs to be reused, which doesn't really happen all too frequently, because most stuff is special purpose.

It's also an education thing, because we (or at least I) never took any traditional CS courses, with all the "good code practices" that come along with it.

The fact that she wrote that shows that she actually thinks she did most of it and just masquerades herself as being modest. Fucking whore.

>pot calling the kettle black

> Copyright (C) 2018 Andrew Chael

TOP KEK
he should FUKCING SUE this roast beef

He get paid as part project and she don't lie o made bad things

This is probably a dumb question but do the $ in her code doing?

You're literally projecting your interracial fetishes and bringing up quote-unquote "Tyrone" unprompted.

lmao do they uncomment their version of it? wtf

honestly, I always thought postgrad was for people incapable of getting a job but this takes the cake

youtube.com/watch?v=BIvezCVcsYs
>literally taking random noise from the earth and using algorithms trained on black holes SIMULATIONS to create the image
Here is the paper: iopscience-event-horizon.s3.amazonaws.com/article/10.3847/2041-8213/ab0ec7/The_Event_Horizon_Telescope_Collaboration_2019_ApJL_875_L1.pdf
Hundreds of other contributors to the "picture" and the media are pushing her to the front...
Observational Astronomy is just bullshit tier popsci.

why people hate her again?

oh thats why because she actually can code unlike some rpers here that just copy paste parts of code from git

>We only write programs to accomplish some goal
That's the worst fucking excuse. Her code is fucking not only prone to errors, makes testing incredibly difficult and time consuming but it also decreases performance. Every halfway decent most autistic CS program teaches you not to write that kind of code.

>because she actually can code
but she can't. The media says she can code and you believe it you fucking NPC.

>>literally taking random noise from the earth and using algorithms trained on black holes SIMULATIONS to create the image

>today on HUMANS CAN SEE INFRARED SIGNALS BUT ITS A CONSIPIRACY THAT THEY USED AN ACTUAL PROGRAM TO RECREATE WHAT THE DATA THAT WE CAN CLEARLY SEE TELL US

There's a time and place for everything
if you need one script that nothing else depends on then you can write it by copy and pasting shit like a complete noob programmer and you can get away with it
Making things organized only matters when the code needs to be maintainable

Abbreviating params

>the media

ofc i bet you have a lot of evidence to support your claim right?

>disregards literally everything I wrote
How the fuck are you supposed to test that garbage code of hers? Even (actually ESPECIALLY) in science you have to test code you fucking moron. She made everyone's life more difficult.

Uhm, didn't you see OP's pic? If you code like that, you can't code. That's like me sitting in front of a piano, playing a song completely out of tune and tact and claiming "I can play the piano" afterwords.

got it
so basicly
you have zero knowledge
you have zero understanding
your evidence is just a literal shitpost
you obviously can code better and its evident by the amount of POW we have see so far here

in reality

you
are
just
mad
because
she
is a
woman
that
actually
did
something
with her life

>python
Why not just

import blackhole-finder

Seethe roastie. You can't even spell.

>That's like me sitting in front of a piano, playing a song completely out of tune and tact and claiming "I can play the piano" afterwords.

Probably playing out of tune due to your fat fingers, surprised you can type.

Hell, not so long ago I came across a 7000+ lines php class in a horrible legacy project.