Pass Vaults?

Good day, annons. How you rate password vaults? Post your preffered vault and why.
Also, what is the deal with LastPass?

Attached: bank-vault.jpg (447x382, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/03/20/nine-years-on-firefoxs-master-password-is-still-insecure/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use KeepAss, because it's good and works. Lastpass and Bitwarden aren't cloud based or something like that? Why in hell would you use that.

i use keepassxc on pc and keepass dx on android. both are very nice. sync over google drive. very simple. used to use lastpass but i hate that app. heard good things about 1password.

>writing all passwords into a single file on your computer
>label it: these are my passwords, all of them
it's literally a trick to get to your passwords in a single simple step

Attached: 1492743787120.jpg (696x564, 58K)

keepass 2 is de facto standard

you can access it from basically anywhere as long as you have internet. Pretty convenient.

>inb4 I'm being chased by the FBI and NSA because I'm as important as Assange and my shit needs to stay off the cloud of I'm fucked.

you can do the same thing with Keepass except you actually have full control of the file.

ok, so you just install an extension in your browser of choice and sign in?. Or do you have to like set up some kind of server and port forward and shit so you can access your own computer and that kind of technical shit in order to do this?.

Keepassxc next thread

Can Jow Forums tell me something?
Why would I use anything more than Firefox's built-in password manager with a master password?

Attached: 1541681594103.png (1100x1218, 558K)

Then you can't log in to other programs.

I use keepass with keepmenu
>what is the deal with LastPass
insecure mess
sounds like you dont know what file syncing is

I've made my own pw vault with AES encryption. No bullshit, just works.

Ok true. Any more reasons other than that?

Lastpass handed the DEA a users IP but not the passwords. So they are not terrible but also not good

I use lastpass seriously if your up to anything shady you shouldn't even be online for anything

Attached: Julian_Assange_August_2014.jpg (893x1253, 626K)

Never use cloud password managers. A file on your PC nobody knows is there is much harder to get than getting tons of data from a data breach. Security by obscurity works sometimes, but not with shit like this.

>t. literal retard that missed the point entirely

Master Password.

Offline, and if all your computers simultaneously combust, all the passwords will still be recoverable since they're generated by an algorithm. All you need is the master password.

Why anyone bothers with anything else is beyond me.

>entrusting your passwords to a tiny ass company that you can't even sue if they go criminal

shiggidy

>Also, what is the deal with LastPass?
This is Jow Forums. Anything cloud related is shit on.

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/03/20/nine-years-on-firefoxs-master-password-is-still-insecure/

Attached: 190331-0125210429-1440x810_20190331013530d14s.jpg (444x250, 79K)