SJWzilla strikes again, Dissenter banned from Firefox

reclaimthenet.org/firefox-rejects-free-speech-bans-free-speech-commenting-plugin-dissenter-from-its-extensions-gallery/

Attached: dissenter-banned-from-firefox-extensions-gallery-1.png (1324x2440, 588K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S70503885
github.com/gab-ai-inc/gab-dissenter-extension/issues/51
dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=' window.location.href, '_blank');
dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=%S
zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-09/chase-bank-abruptly-bans-proud-boys-leader
thedailybeast.com/daily-stormer-site-moves-to-dark-web-after-shutdown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that addon is questionable as fuck and shitty to use
do not install it, use their site if you want but it's a jewish honey pot anyway

>Degrade, intimidate, incite violence against, or encourage prejudicial action against someone or a group based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, religion, geographic location or other protected category,

Not surprised dissenter boomers can't meet this requirement.

This thread again, OP?
Fuck google and fuck chrom*
warosu.org/g/thread/S70503885

I'm not a fan of gab but dissenter is a really good idea, and pretty fun
it's like a pocket Jow Forums wherever you go

How did the plugin itself do any of that?

By that logic Firefox should be banned, because people can use it to say mean things.

it can but it isn't
case in point

top lel

Attached: Untitled.png (822x310, 27K)

Black people are 13% of the population yet commit 50% of crimes. The holocaust never happened but I wish it did.

Posted from Firefox Quantum 66.0.2

All right, there goes firefox and I refuse to use google - am I just fucked?

Brave uses the Chrome repository for extensions, which is just as filtered.

>privacy browser
>is actually easier to track
lel indeed

Attached: 1553259576332.png (1406x1878, 87K)

What do you expect from boomers that use a social media plugin that tracks every page you visit as a feature.

are you saying that private, profit-driven corporation doesn't want to associate it's image with your suburban neet's 'gas the kikes hitler was right gas the kikes brenton tarrant should have killed 500 000 more goat fuckers gas the kikes sandyhook vaccines' opinion on it's centralized resource?

>
>I still see Facebook, Twitter and Youtube plugins though

"white" fat murica boys BTFO.

Attached: tenuar.gif (500x280, 939K)

With this in mind, Mozilla should be abandoned.

>it's like a pocket Jow Forums wherever you go
That's a horrible idea though.
>wow, it's like an open sewer but it runs right through my backyard, awesome!

People who don't install it won't even know it exists though

>muh edgy nazi neets

They removed Brendan Eich just because he disagreed with changing the definition or marriage.

>Waaaa! Mozilla doesn't want to host my neo-Nazi safe-space.

There is only one solution.

Attached: 87-872784_free-vector-lynx-logo-lynx-web-browser-logo.png.jpg (820x449, 56K)

scroll to the bottom of the link in op

Mozilla has the right to decide what is posted to their website, but they're still allowing you to host it from your own website though. What's the problem?

it's torrents all over again.

He stepped down.

>they didn't kill the guy, they only pointed a gun and pushed the trigger, the bullet killed him

their panties are in a bunch

>t. redditor here just to shitpost without fucking up his karma

what does gabai mean in jewish?

As if Shitzilla isn't having enough problems retaining any userbase that didn't already leave when they switched to Quantum, now they are forcing another percentage drop in their userbase. Welp, if they want to die so much then by all means, i'll just keep eating the popcorn.

Attached: 1311639589292.jpg (316x399, 43K)

Makes no sense whatsoever.

I thought Dissenter used Gab which is yet another propriety social network that has rules on free speech.

My point exactly.

YOU DONT NEED THE EXTENSION

>is a really good idea
no it's not, only a small percent of Jow Forums type neets will ever use it, afaik it's not a new idea either
gab is a jidf honey pot

you don't need moz://a to install addons

>They removed Brendan Eich just because he disagreed with changing the definition or marriage.
They removed Brendan Eich because he went off about "why are the gays complaining, they have it worse in Indonesia" in front of a bunch of journalists while representing Mozilla. I can't think of many companies who would be okay with having someone like that as a public face.
It was dumb of Mozilla to try and pu him in that position, but it was his own complete failure to manage PR that lead to him stepping down.

I still use torrents all the time, what happened?

Seriously how does that comparison make any sense?

He didn't step down, he was forced to step down.

THIS IS NOTHING BUT P.R. / AD

Attached: jew.png (1324x2440, 601K)

>They removed Brendan Eich because he went off about "why are the gays complaining, they have it worse in Indonesia" in front of a bunch of journalists while representing Mozilla.
Source?

>he stepped down
yah. And as you can see even though I have thretened my wife with violence and such she killed herself. Case closed.

Free speech is not the same as limitless speech or whatever the fuck neo-nazis advocate for. Free speech simply means the government should not be deciding what thoughts or ideas through laws. The people decide what ideas are effectively banned through their own actions and their own use of speech. It's akin to a "free market" of thoughts or ideas where consumers decide. Mozilla has as much a right to decide what is being promoted on their site as anyone else.

He was forced to step down by protestors. That's how free speech works. It's a two way street. Mozilla appointed him to the position in the first place and none of the board members publicly asked for him to resign. He made the decision himself.

>none of the board members publicly asked for him to resign
>publicly
You clearly understand it so why even pretend?

Oh wow, you're right, why didn't I think of that. Give me your Twitter name so I can follow your insightful posts.

It's not that simple. Firefox has made it a lot harder to use both themes and plugins that are unsigned. You have to load your unsigned (=not from their catalog) extention manually every time you open the browser. If it was as easy as installing from a third party website and you're done then the story would be somewhat different.

In practice Mozilla has given themselves the right to control what extentions users can and can't have, it's been that way for seveal versions but it wasn't always like that. Now they are abusing that power to block a tool which allows you to comment on sites that either don't have their own comment section or heavily censor theirs.

This is pretty close to Firefox dictating what you can and can't write or read using their browser. Imagine typing in Jow Forums.org in Firefox and getting a message "You can't have that site because we don't like that one". This isn't far from it.

>glorified reddit comments page with implicit link submissions
Why do you need a plugin to do something that can be achieved with a javascript bookmarklet

Palememe is breddy gud if you like old firefox

Mozilla allows you to upload your extension to their site to be signed and then you can remotely host it anywhere else. You do not have to list your extension on their site and from the post that OP screencapped it seems they're literally telling them to do exactly that.

I like how you ignored his comment in its entirety and now decided to post about something entirely unrelated.

>They removed Brendan Eich because he went off about "why are the gays complaining, they have it worse in Indonesia" in front of a bunch of journalists while representing Mozilla.
That's a lie and you know it. They dumped him because in his private life he wasn't totally into the gay agenda.

>Dissenter can now be used to track every URL you visit across the web in its default configuration.
Imagine actually defending this shitty malware

they removed him because it was revealed that he'd donated to an anti fag-marriage fund iirc, and that's about it.

The entire premise of " tool which allows you to comment on sites that either don't have their own comment section" doesn't make sense unless you're hosting the comments on another website, in which case, you don't need a plugin to display the comments.

Why are Americans and western European so fucking sensitive? Fucking police state shitholes, arrogant police state shitholes.

I like how you ignored my comment in its entirety and decided to post about something entirely unrelated.

>He was forced to step down by protestors. That's how free speech works.
no, that's how an unruly mob works. free speech works by respecting others harmless opinions

>That's a lie and you know it.
Congratulations on your amazing mind-reading skills.

>They dumped him because in his private life he wasn't totally into the gay agenda.
If that was the case, why were they okay with him for twelve years? The issue wasn't his views in private, the issue was that as CEO his views and statements were seriously harming Mozilla's reputation.

>they removed him because it was revealed that he'd donated to an anti fag-marriage fund iirc,
Which harmed Mozilla's reputation.

>what the founding fathers really meant is that having de facto thoughtcrimes are okay as long as it's not the gubbermint

Attached: brainletcastle.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

>why were they okay with him for twelve years
because mozilla was invaded with sjws only recently at the time and was a respectable company before that

Do freespeechtards actually think a taboo-less society could exist?

>why were they okay with him for twelve years
Because gay marriage wasn't pushed as the new norm apparently accepted by all before then.

>freespeechtards
jfc

Attached: BA5D3882153A4AD0B9D411072DC9B828.png (840x854, 545K)

javascript:%20window.open('dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=' window.location.href, '_blank');

There were strictly less taboos just decades ago.

This
No idea where this whole "free speech only protects you from the government" shit came from, but the meme needs to die already

People not wanting to be associated with you isn't censorship.

The backlash was predominantly from people OUTSIDE Mozilla.

Gay people didn't spring into existence in 2014.

Free speech does not force everyone to respect all ideas, that's not how it works. Protesting by regular people is an expected part of having free speech. Free speech says everyone has the right to their idea no matter how awful the idea is but that also works in the reverse, everyone who thinks the idea is detestable can also share that idea. The better idea will eventually triumph.

There was no backlash at all.

>Which harmed Mozilla's reputation.
it literally did not. it was his personal money donated as an individual to a mundane organization.

Well, there's your censorship-resistant dissenter plugin.

>are Americans and western European so fucking sensitive?
They aren't, I don't know anyone who is beyond a rather disturbing trend: I do get annoyed if something starts ranting about some sensitive topic in a public place because it can get you in trouble. I don't know anyone who throws a fit if you say something politically incorrect and I have the impression it's just the regime and "news outlets" pretending that's the case to justify the ever-increasing police state. I don't actually know anyone I regularly interact with in person who thinks it's great that you can get arrested for posting the wrong comment on the Internet.

I suspect this is why dissenter and tools like that are viewed as so dangerous, no censorship means people who like free speech and freedom of thought get to see that they are the vast majority.

or just a bookmark keyword

>but that also works in the reverse, everyone who thinks the idea is detestable can also share that idea. The better idea will eventually triumph.
it's amazing that you think deplatforming is the equivalent to discourse that proves one idea stronger than the other hahaha

what a clown

Read you fucking retard. Faggots and faggot culture wasnt as accepted and as shilled before.
Just like you discord speech hating trannies were just some freakshow on some unknown forums before.

Why aren't they removing chan plugins?
There's a ton of racism and bigotry there. Does Mozilla support this?

Attached: problematic.png (1146x797, 73K)

that is the bookmark

Do you actually not understand the difference between having taboo subjects and firing political dissidents from their jobs,taking away their bank accounts and banning them from the internet for talking about those subjects?

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

None of that actually happened to the Javascript meme man, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I would prefer to get ugly stares in the streets for saying that the holocaust and global warming are a lie and homosexuality is a mental disease than being fined or jailed for that, and having a camera 24/7 on me making sure I don't have these "dangerous opinions".

There was a huge backlash. IIRC a bunch of sites started blocking Firefox user-agents.

>it literally did not.
It really did. There was a shitstorm about it.

>it was his personal money donated as an individual to a mundane organization.
How does that matter? It made people consider him as a bad choice for Mozilla's CEO. People were upset with Mozilla allowing themselves to be represented by him.

>taking away their bank accounts and banning them from the internet
What?

You are not recalling it correctly. There was literally no backlash.

"Deplatforming" is another form of free speech. Mozilla has the sole right to decide what things are hosted on their site. No rational person should expect them to host something that violates their own held beliefs.

Yes you are. My regularly visits to New York and London confirm you are, especially during my time attenidng one of the best Universities in London.
You people are mentally ill in many ways and your governments are intrusive and police state as fuck.
I fucking laugh with my Russian, Chinese, Brazilian, Japanese colleagues when I tell them about how you retards police your Facebook comments and have shit like hate crimes and protected classes. How fucking sensitive you are to discuss certain topics and don't even dare to write about them.

The worst part is this mental illness doesnt seem to go away, its like a mode of thinking, you arrogant faggots bring it over even when you're abroad in Tokyo or Shanghai of all places.
I wish your fucking countries and people died already.

You clearly haven't tried using third party extentions or you'd know that you have to go to about:addons and select debug addons and temporarily load addons and choose the addon EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Addons not "approved" by Mozilla might as well not exist since they aren't very usable for that browser. I'm not going to load some extention every single time I open a browser, that's just stupid.

A workaround dissenter should consider, if possible, would be to make it a greasemonkey user-script like Jow Forums-x. Not sure if that's possible but if it is it would be a great way to by-pass Mozilla's censorship (unless they ban greasemonkey too, and they might)

no

dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=%S

you just add d infront of any url you're at

Attached: 1528665572052.png (740x540, 18K)

zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-09/chase-bank-abruptly-bans-proud-boys-leader
thedailybeast.com/daily-stormer-site-moves-to-dark-web-after-shutdown

We definitely have a lot to learn from China when it comes to policing facebook comments.

>It really did. There was a shitstorm about it.
manufactured controversy isnt real controversy. No sane person was abandoning firefox after the revelation.

>How does that matter?
Because it's his private life and doesnt reflect of the management of mozilla whatsoever
>It made people consider him as a bad choice for Mozilla's CEO.
Who?
>People were upset with Mozilla allowing themselves to be represented by him.
People like you, right? I'm picking up some serious vibes here

That has nothing to do with Brendan Eich and Mozilla. Also, companies aren't obligated to do business with you, especially if they think that association will harm their reputation.

>"Deplatforming" is another form of free speech
hahahaha
>Mozilla has the sole right to decide what things are hosted on their site.
Sure
>No rational person should expect them to host something that violates their own held beliefs.
Like the beliefs of the person who created it were violated?

slap window.history.back(); behind it and its perfect.

Pocket Jow Forums you mean. Also, go back there.

FREESPEECHTARDS BTFO

Same snarky response as usual. What you fail to realize is your governments van and ban you just the same if you talk out against the government in a dangerous way.
But they also van and ban you when you hurt some protected classes feelings lmao
And the majority of your people think that's good while promoting various mental illnesses as normal

So, why not remade it into userscript for *monkey?

>being offended that people might use an opt-in extension to converse about topics
someone's got a crusty vagina