It's not actually a photograph

>it's not actually a photograph
>it's just plotted data and colors added to it

Attached: safe_image.php.jpg (540x281, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUyH3XhpLTo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_Telescope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why didn't they make it black then, seeing it's a black hole?

post yfw a photograph is just plotted data of a light sensor

That's the definition of a digital photo

das raycist

/thread

Attached: 1554820227309.png (271x271, 92K)

I don't get that image, isn't the thing with black holes that they don't reflect light?

>dude thinking is just electrons moving around
>dude love is just chemicals in your brain xd

It's a disk of dust and gas being superheated as it gets compressed on it's journey towards the event horizon. The black hole itself is not visible.

youtube.com/watch?v=zUyH3XhpLTo

The problems which you have so conveniently omitted arise when numerous images could have been taken from the same datasets and you simply took the ones you wanted to show the public.

NASA finds themselves in the same shoes as Scheherazade. Their livelihoods depend on their ability to tell stories.

Pardon me if I take anything they tell me with a rather large grain of salt.

Attached: thinkabout it.jpg (622x343, 13K)

>your phone doesn't take photographs
>it just takes plotted data and adds color to it

are you mentally deficient?

Attached: 1529279598_DfrntbjX4AEKGkp.jpg (230x257, 11K)

And whats new?

>be weeb
>have a reading comprehension

pick 1

dude a movie isnt moving things, its a series of still images moving very fast lul

And even so, its still fucking BLURRY

Attached: 1494567581935.jpg (279x285, 19K)

>dude
i'm a girl.

cute cute CUTE!

Attached: 1554976726567.jpg (834x906, 212K)

wow another "tits or gtfo" seeker
okay, here it is
tits or gtfo

>incels think the image is fake

Attached: dishonest_meme.png (445x319, 164K)

have sex

Do you perchance not see a black hole in that image

I cannot believe people are falling for this.
It's just assumption, there is no proof where data they have collected comes from.
There is no proof that code written to make it is fucking TRASH and nowhere relevant.
and people will take this as A FACT , a PHOTOGRAPHY in years to come.
Jesus Christ please come and end my miserable life

>Jesus Christ please come and end my miserable life
address?

kek that image is to illustrate that the notion of the image being fake is absurd

Via Leone IX 21-1
Thanks Jesus

Hello if you go to their website you can find their papers and data

Sincerely,
Jesus

See you in a few days

Why are you hating on my girl Katie

Attached: katie.png (1920x971, 1.55M)

kek

Attached: dishonest_meme.png (445x175, 72K)

Yeah I don't understand how people got so excited about this piece of shit. How does nasa do it? Is it the estrogen in our gmo foods? The plastics? All the onions?

Attached: 1554115157857.png (1080x1493, 1.02M)

The nose though.

Remember me, when you get to the top.

Attached: CiDYpt2UgAARNlO.jpg (1197x1200, 207K)

They literally took a machine learning algorithm trained on the simulation black hole data and feed recorded noise into it.
It's scam

This. Modern society lacks scepticism unfortunately

It's literally radiowaves.

I'd like to see you take a photo of something 50million light years away and have it come out sharp.

>They literally took a machine learning algorithm trained on the simulation black hole data
They literally didn't train it on black hole simulation data so as not to bias it.

First of all you wont take that picture.

OK give me 13 years and all the fucking telescopes in the world

You seem butthurt. Were your hands shaking while you were typing this?

This is true except replace NASA with “scientific journalism”

you need to have sex, dont come back until you had sex (so its never, got it? kek xD)

You just lack intelligence unfortunately.

Attached: F077A988-112F-4A14-9767-737E4C3CD86B.jpg (499x467, 25K)

the codes all on github lol

Attached: ryzen.png (502x460, 91K)

Are black holes a fucking conspiracy now?

what's here to doubt about this?
we can capture niggers into photographs, blackhole's nothing compared to that

grow the fuck up incel

they were always been. black hole is a theoretical construct popularized by sci-fi authors like stephen hawking.
it's dark matter tier of bullshit.

Attached: 1529927784169.png (766x668, 68K)

Would be funnier if the third pic was also her, on this one

Black hole is gay
Show me purple and blue hole

How do you think digital cameras work? It won't be a photograph unless it uses film? Did you drink bathwater?

There's also no proof you were not born yesterday and you are living in a simulation. The fact is that it doesn't matter. All astrology shit is 200% grant chasing and nothing else at all.

>astrology
based retard

Dude that's just my penis in your ass don't worry too much bro, this is science

welcome to astrnomy fren

grasping at straws to deny something despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary because it might validate a nameless wymyn on twitter in some way != skepticism

How do you feel about the fact that she used a shit keyboard to write the algorithm, Jow Forums?

Attached: 15549912450741.jpg (1080x1412, 130K)

20billion$+ yearly budget and you come up with ''photo'' and hot poster girl with it to wash more money of your people. With that amount of money and manpower no fucking shit you are going to find exactly what you are looking for in universe and of course it will perfectly fit algorithm you created to calculate 50million light year distant fairy tale
Life form on this planet will make laughingstock out of this era

You don't understand. This is a simulation. It's literally a "what it would look like if the data we used are corect" situation. It's not a fucking picture. They didn't use super telescopes. Its a simple algorithm that came out from some data. What data and where they got it from is unknown.

It's true. You're just afraid of the universe and are masking it with smugness

trying to reason with reddit
why u do it to yourself

Yui is CUTE!

Attached: 1228172428.jpg (858x1080, 123K)

I seriously don't understand it, is there a good source for this? Yes I watched that one video on YT, but what was the actual method they used?
Seems they gathered data from electromagnetic telescopes and combined them all to a model of a black hole?
Apparently some machine learning was involved?
I would like to have an informed opinion on this.

>They didn't use super telescopes. Its a simple algorithm that came out from some data. What data and where they got it from is unknown.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_Telescope
maybe if you took a break from obsessing over tweets about wymyn and their fruit toys you’d actually gain some understanding of the shit you’re whining about

They used large network of radio telescopes to observe M 87 and Sgr A*, the ML shit basically stitched all of those observations together into a single coherent image and filled in some blanks along the way.

basically they bought RTX2080ti and it just fucking worked
rays emitted from the black hole that even previously thought light itself can't escape displayed themselves and everything just worked got it? now hand over money to fund another year of AI generating photos for XXXXX million juicers

It’s really funny how all of these retards complaining about how stupid and fake this shit is literally haven’t even read an article about it let alone the papers describing what the images actually are.

A black hole is like a regular hole, except nobody wants it.

> waiting for a "picture" from the radio telescope array.
> expecting something to "see" although this data was acquired without any optics involved.
It's ok to not have children, k? Sometimes I wonder whether we had this immigration crisis if Hitler was still alive.

from Space import BlackHole
import matplotlib

matplotlib.plot(BlackHole())

I heard they did it in python so this is probably how it went

fake news... literally

kill yourself magical thinking cuck

Attached: cd02e467ac6310d2.jpg (1080x1080, 1.2M)

MOMMY

Again, calling that an image of a black hole like the media is doing is wrong. They are picking up little bits and pieces of information using 1.3mm radio-waves and then pasting it all together with a computer. Its not really a “picture” of the black hole, its more like a virtual simulation representing the black hole that is generated using large quantities of incomplete data.

Does it fit some underlying physics model though, or is it just "curve fitting"?

Prove these statements wrong.

look guys the retard is moving the goalposts
yes

all of the methods they used are described in detail in publically available papers nobody ITT has even skimmed because they just want to cry about muh wymyn again for the 40th time this week

It's a reconstruction produced by a Bayesian statistical engine trained with data from real, observed celestial bodies and their known interferometer data.

How did I move the goalpost? They didn't use telescopes. Do you know what the difference is between a telescope and a radiotelescope?

>the data and where it came from is unknown!
“here’s a link to a basic description of the network of telescopes it came from”
>b-but it’s incomplete!
“you’re moving the goalposts”
>t-those aren’t real telescopes, they’re RADIO telescopes!
seriously this shit is the definition of goalpost moving, you’re a fucking retard.

link?

People here are thinking this is a picture of a black hole and the mass media is selling this story as if they took a picture of a black hole.
This is what actually happened:
>use radiowaves to measure the distance and resolution of the black hole
>a lot of data is gathered that needs to be processed by a super computer
>create altgorithm that goes through all the data
>after the process is done, the machine gives you an image of the processed data
>toch it up and add pretty color
>get marketing team to sell the story as "strong beautiful jewish woman takes a picture of black hole and proves its real"

what did reddit mean by this

Attached: CopyQ.JwawZH.png (1280x566, 607K)

What do you think your eyes do? They also just transform data. Everything is just data in a sense.

This is more like reading about a car, then closing your eyes and imagining what it would look like based on what you've read and then drawing it.

Yes, and?

who gives a fuck what retarded bugmen on reddit think of some shit neither of you knew or cared at all about until they put a picture of a cute trendy white girl with a macbook on it, my only concern is with your particular ignorance and retardation which I will continue attacking as you continue attempting to deflect it with irrelevant shit nobody cares about

yes, your mommy and I agree that you’re very smart for realizing that radio waves are not in the visible light spectrum, but it does not make the data or the models that support it unfounded nor does your desperation to avoid validating attention seeking twats on twitter and reddit, places you should certainly go back to after you’re done reading this post

stop trying to explain things you obviously don’t understand beyond the various ways you can shoehorn it into a political narrative

It’s really not at all like this in any way, maybe if you actually read the papers you would know this. But I guess I’m expecting too much.

mutilating your dick does not make you a girl
keep drinking the sóylent koolaid, tranny

Typical white nerd cant seal the deal

how do you sleep at nights being this cringe?
so you're fine with billions of taxpayers money going into something with no real evidence to back it up and as spine support it uses
>stop trying to explain things you obviously don’t understand beyond the various ways you can shoehorn it into a political narrative
kys degenerate

The ones who are trying to shoehorn this into a political narrative are the people who spent billion of dollars for this project (tax payer's money) and all they could come up with was a fake picture. Their "discovery" is so weak, that in order to sell this story and make it look like they money was well spent, they have to push it with some feminism bullshit.
This is not a picture of a black hole and it doesn't prove anything.

"naaah I'm a white guy!"

What papers? All 5 papers they published on it are about how the image is made.

"its not actually CP, its just a collection of 1s and 0s"

Yes...? It describes the methodology, foundations and the nature of the data they used to construct it, which was absolutely nothing like the bullshit you just posted.

>average ametifat does not want to invest 20billion$ yearly on a AI generated jpg just so he could say UH WURLD FURST BRAK HOR PHOTO