youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g [Open]

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: based 6Gb.png (1262x707, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=spectre cant be patched
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737506
youtube.com/watch?v=DvCsT_dk-1E
raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=46
youtube.com/watch?v=YthPacgJVlc
anandtech.com/show/14139/aws-expands-usage-of-amd-epyc-cpus-with-m5ad-r5ad-instances
anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1550
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do CPUs suddenly matter again?

Nice image, but you are wrong and that other user is right. Userbenchmark is awful.
Cherry picking is bad, too, but that user wasn't so much cherry picking as giving an example benchmark and telling the original user to look at more. Cherry picking, as long as the source is accurate, isn't as bad as an inaccurate source like userbenchmark.

AMD Ryzen Masterrace reporting in with my 2700x, 32gb ram and Dual Vega 64.

Shittong you thinklets and plebs.

And im out.

>dual gpu
>2013+6
still im a bit jelly

what do you mean?

>what do you mean?
Like 8 years ago, CPU didn't matter that much, as long as it wasn't garbage tier.
As long as you didn't hit 100% CPU usage you were good.
GPU benchmarks didn't even include the processor, because it only did like 1 or 2 FPS difference.

But now, CPUs seem to matter a whole lot more. GPU benchmarks always include the CPU, and the same GPU combined with a different CPU can cause a huge FPS difference.

Also, RAM frequency actually matters now. That was never a concern back then, as long as it wasn't completely garbage.

>not dual Radeon VII

In what world does an RTX 2060 not handle 1440p?
Go back to school, OP.

because we're moving to more cores/threads in both CPU and software support where clock speeds also matter, and because different cpu brands' architectures work differently.
RAM speed is tied to AMD's infinity fabric that communicates between each core

Because Intel was charging $350 just to get a CPU which could do 60fps minimums in games. The budget CPUs were all stutter fests. It was just as hard to justify spending that much money as it was hard to justify having a 4 thread CPU which couldn't even keep up with a $200 GPU. It seemed stupid to spend more on a tiny little cpu than it did to spend on a whole GPU, so people just dealt with the stutters.
Now you can get a smooth CPU for $80(1600 at microcenter) to $165(2600) so it's retarded to get anything less.

Demanding games had started to need 8 threads minimum to run smoothly as early as 2013. It's nothing new. The sane pricing is what has changed.

>61 fps is all you need on 2018 games
>40 fps is all you need on 2020 games
>just spend $350 on a GPU now despite needing to upgrade again in a year if not immediately!

>implying people with a 2060 need to run ultra maxed on all games.
I run a 2060 and do 4k medium settings quite comfortably on my system.
Like I said, go back to school. I probably won't have to upgrade for another couple years, and I run 4k medium.

Why people going crazy for ray tracing? When most games cant handle them? I'm so confused. So real question , I have enough money for a 2080? Should I cop senpai Jow Forums?

>No mention of the 9900k and 9700k
I get that amd has a much better value while intel are a bunch of jews and that their cpus are full of vulnerabilities but they are objectively better for gaming than anything amd has to offer at the moment despite their price.
Blatant fanboyism and cpuwar shit should give retards like you a permanent rangeban.

Reminder to read gamegpu.ru benchmarks because they're one of the only few to actually test with different CPU and GPU combinations

Attached: The Division CPU.jpg (1352x1330, 259K)

>Buying a $350 GPU and having to turn down texture resolution, even though texture resolution only affects VRAM and doesn't affect FPS
Yeah, people also run 4K on an RX580 which costs half as much comfortably.
Depends on what you play
HUR DE DUR go back to school.

No one is going "crazy" for it except for shills in the "tech press".
It's just marketing.

>list of SECURE CPUs.
>SECURE
>intel
no. If you want such insecure CPUs, you buy them at your own risk.
An extra 120 watts of power consumption and all the vulnerabilities isn't worth it to the vast majority of people and a lot of us won't recommend them just like we won't recommend someone fuck a crack whore without a rubber.

They actually don't. They test on one or 2 CPUs then extrapolate.

Haha dumbass

bulldozer is all you need

>1400 better than 1700X

5% better

>If you want such insecure CPUs, you buy them at your own risk.
You are retarded. There are many other easier and faster ways someone could steal your data regardless of your hardware.

What even is ray tracing? I've never cared to look into it. Is it something to do with lighting? someone give it to me in layman's terms.

Pozzed bechmark
Pozzed poster

because open world memes are generally more cpu bound

Calculates where rays of light go.
Normal game "yeah this wood is brown"
Raytracing "10 GIGARAYS PER SECOND, BUT WE CHECK IF IT INTERSECTS WITH A TRIANGLE INSIDE OF A TRIANGLE INSIDE OF A TRIANGLE WITH W0 GIGARAYS A SECOND"

CPUs still don't matter that much for gaming, despite what that AMDummy well meme to you about. Ironically this is a good reason to get an AMD CPU because, while slightly worse in gaming, the R5 2600X especially is both a great performing and great value gaming CPU

>The budget CPUs were all stutter fests.
False, games were designed around 4c or 4t CPUs. This is revisionism to support a narrative

The only reason to talk to this idiot is to shit on him so that other anons can see his stupidity

>despite what that AMDummy well meme to you about.
really now? the AMDrones are the ones that rave about getting good CPU?
holy fucking shit my sides

Attached: kekkk.jpg (480x360, 23K)

In no universe is the 2060 unfit for 1440p. You have an agenda (possibly paid marketing?) so you make up shit and get BTFO'd every day

Ray tracing is a very costly, albeit extremely accurate, technique to draw shading. Basically, it works like irl, only in reverse. A light source irl sends light rays in all directions that may or may not intersect with objects before reaching your vision, causing refraction, reflection and absorption effects.
Ray tracing sends rays from the camera that intersect with objects and calculates those effects to give you the final color for a given pixel.
Mind you, these rays may bounce a great number of times before they get fully absorbed, which is why it is very costly.

Thanks guys.

If my motherboard is advertised as having dual channel memory slots, would a quad channel kit work? Or do I need two dual channel kits to occupy all 4 slots?

Not at 1080p or 1440p

a kit advertised as quad channel is just guaranteed to work in quad channel
it'll be fine in dual channel

you need a quad channel motherboard to run quad channel no matter how many DIMM slots the board has.
if you run quad channel RAM in a dual channel mobo it will just run dual channel and you waste 2 slots for upgrades later.

Intel CPUs are just as secure with the patches and are still objectively faster for games as I stated earlier. That's a fact, whether you like Intel or not.
>t. waiting for the 3850x which I hope will btfo the 9900k and 10990k on single core performance.

google.com/search?q=spectre cant be patched

yes goyim, intel is just as secure even tho they have like 5 times more security holes than AMD, please buy

Attached: 1525462968630.png (918x1062, 372K)

is the 1080ti still good? or is it getting shitted on by low tier RTX cards? should I sell mine or keep?

Attached: 1547122977122.jpg (1080x1349, 77K)

Who /7nm/ here? The wait is almost over.

They test all the CPUs with an RTX 2080Ti and and the GPUs with an i9 9900K. They extrapolate after that. Still one of the best benchmark websites

>looking for 144hz monitor
>they're all curved
>24" curved
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Keep

Ironic that Ryzen is also vulnerable to Spectre.

Except it's not.

I got this for 100€. A 780ti with a Raijintek II Core or however it is called. I also got the original cooler, so I will replace it with the original and sell the Raijintek to a friend for 50€.
So yeah, a 780 ti for 50€, which sometimes matches a 1060 6GB, so I guess it should be a little better than a 1060 3GB.

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 2.45M)

come on, everyone knows intel was hit harder by this.
you need physical access to do anything on the AMD system if it's still even has any security holes.

ok?

It is, you fucking moron
>the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/ - Kaspersky, one of the foremost names in security

>you need physical access
Absolutely fucking not. Some exploits require physical access (just like some exploits on the Core arch), but not for Spectre. Don't believe the memes, retard

intel still has over 5 times more holes than AMD and i bet Intel is shitting their pants at the thought of Google and Amazon jumping ship due to their fucking housefires and 30-50% performance loss on the server side.

And I never put it in.

Attached: 72A85268-E765-49EC-A0BB-E46B6012CF51.jpg (4032x3024, 3.35M)

that's what you get for using a shit tier case and being a fa(R)GBoi

Out of curiosity, are there any cases that can fit my components in as close together as this without modding?

Q500L maybe

is that nh c14s?
what form factor is the mobo?

You overpaid. The 780Ti is not any better than a 7970 which go for like $40. The cooler (without fans ???) is not worth the difference

>thought of
Uh it's already happened. MS and Amazon stopped ordering Epyc over a year ago. Amazon is going all Epyc now, and they provide over half the world's servers.

I asked this in a previous thread but didn't get a clear answer.

Is the gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti low profile the best for this PC:
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737506

or is there something better?

12gb memory stick is worrysome
180w PSU
in a i7
you cant. literally cant.

At this point he's doing it just to spite Intel fanboys, and I'm perfectly fine with it. Until Intel fixed their garbage housefire architecture filled with security holes they will continue in a downward spiral.

The 780 (non ti) is already better than a 7970. youtube.com/watch?v=DvCsT_dk-1E
Also, the 7970 is 70€ here.
I see you call it just a fanless cooler, so I guess you don't know about it.
raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=46
It is being sold on some places at 60€, but they are out of stock. I will be adding a two PWM Artic fans for like 20€ more. It will be cooling a 1080 ti.

So this PC won't take the 1050 ti LP because of the 12gb ram & 180w PSU?

Outlier benchmark

Attached: BFV.png (1327x1225, 70K)

Misleading benchmark

Attached: untitled-5.png (714x934, 45K)

>2016
youtube.com/watch?v=YthPacgJVlc

>intel still has over 5 times more holes than AMD
I have two buckets. One has two holes, and the other has ten. Which one won't leak?

Additionally, the basic approaches to SMT in Core, Ryzen, and ARM CPUs are flawed

AMD has like 5, intel has more than 30 at this point.
if i have to use a leaky bucket im gonna use the one that leaks the least.

>2060 still can't beat Vega 56

Intel should bow to the customer demands, not the other way around.

just the PSU
if you really wanna do a upgrade you would need to inquire them about a stronger PSU, something like 450w at least. if you get a new case for the PSU you wont be restricted by a SFF GPU but then why would you be interested in a SFF thats not gonna be a SFF

the memory needs to be paired in size. you cant find memory sticks of 6gb therefore this is one of the dumbest mistakes done when messing with computers, in wich you have a 8 gb + 4 GB of ram. because of the uneven size, part of the memory is accessed in single channel mode and the PC will slow down signifcantly because of that

sorry about you're tastes, but if you want a SFF PC you will need to look elsewhere
another option is make it yourself, find a SFF case that pleases you and get on with it. maybe even use a riser cable for the GPU or a 90 degree angle adapter for PCIe 16x

I was looking for a comparison with the 7970. I already watched that video when it was published, that's why I said it sometimes matches a 1060 6GB. The 7970 isn't even there, but it should be a little better than a 960.

7970 and 290 is the same chip

what demmands?
the customer wants AMD. its a economic recession, only them big bois and business want intel, thus they will always pay premium for their stuff

whats better, two 4gb Rx480 @ 150$ or a rx580 for 250$?
gonna buy a fx8350 to go alongside it
I just want to play ror2 really

always buy a single better GPU
and im sure no matter how you look at it the CPU will kill your build

>big bois and business want intel
are you sure?

anandtech.com/show/14139/aws-expands-usage-of-amd-epyc-cpus-with-m5ad-r5ad-instances

AMD has consoles so most big multiplats will perform slightly better on GCN. V56 and the 2060 are about equal on average (with the 2060 leading slightly) but the 2060 is usually cheaper and has a significantly better perf/watt, in addition to being part of a new lineup

Note that the other bench has the 2060 in a slight lead

>AMD has like 5, intel has more than 30 at this point.
This is an exaggeration, and of course that's your prerogative. I'm an AMD fan myself, for lots of reasons. But don't delude yourself into thinking that Ryzen is in any way secure; that's quite literally lulling [the word 'lull' means 'put to sleep, if you're retarded] yourself into a false sense of security.

So I need to change the ram and power supply? btw I bought it like that. I am not knowledgeable about PCs.

that's a really fucking stupid thing to buy today

anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1550

A single 480, retard. Check benchmarks, but in general you shouldn't be buying FX at this point.

>This is an exaggeration
not by as much as you believe. go read some fucking tech news.

should have done more research then, dumbo

Wrong, 7970 and 280X

Thanks, edgy.

first im not even sure if your case can take it
can you take a picture of its rear slots?
the PSU is the needed part, the memory isnt mandatory, but it will do you good if you feel the PC is slowing down sporadically

So will the gtx 1050 2gb LP do?

One 480 for as low as you can get it and a new low tier cpu build or a prebuilt with an older i5.
Unless you can get the 8350/mobo/ram for an absolute steal (No more than $100, preferably $80) don't bother. If you're upgrading your existing system with the 8530 then I'd recommend you don't even bother. Just build new at that point.

if it does not require any extra power cables you should be able to run it off that piece of shit without changing anything.

they're all the same with minor tweaks up to the fucking 590

Just wanted to say thanks to the lads who recommended me MSI B450A PRO with R5 2600.
Runs like a charm and works perfectly with [email protected]

wait for 1650
It's barely better than an iGPU, but sure.

>2016
lol
And yes I know about the cooler. The picture of yours has no fans. Fans cost extra.
it's not for sale anymore because it was superseded by the Morpheus II.

But no I did misremember, it's the 7970(280X) being better than 780 and the 290X being way better than the 780Ti. Still, not a huge difference. Maybe your used market is worse there.

No it's literally not.

Why is the RX580 $250? Why would you get a fx8350 instead of a 1600?
Just get the single 480 and a 1600 if you're poor.

> only them big bois and business want intel
You seem to think CFOs and CTOs are less intelligent than your average consumer.

same with Nvidia GPUs since the GTX 200 series, by that "logic".

first of all im surprised it seems to be a quality mobo, it has 2 M.2 slots somehow

the CPU is slower and pratically a notebook variant to prevent stressing the CPU or maybe even heating the PC

the issue is that your mobo and CPU alone would consume ~120w of those 180w avaliable. downsizing the GPU wouldnt save it, if you wanna do 1080p60 gaming you will experience shutdowns because even a energy efficient 1050 would draw from 50 to 75w more, wich is far too close to the PSU max wattage.

try to discover the PSU size and see if you cant find one rated at least 300w. a 1050ti wont max many games but will allow you to work on a 250w range

both 1050 and 1050ti only require extra power cable if they have a partner modification for such
the ones that do are praised for having more stable overclocks so this is really interesting even then

>CFOs and CTOs are less intelligent than your average consumer.
CFOs dont wanna be blamed for cutting costs and thus cut production and CTOs would advocate the most powerful build unless they are told they cant invest heavy

Because now you have options, before Ryzen you didn't.

>the ones that do are praised for having more stable overclocks so this is really interesting even then
>interesting
>OC
>on a prebuilt
>when he could just get a GPU without extra power cable and only draw 75W from the PCI-E slot and might not have to swap PSU

>No it's literally not.
it's the same arch

well im sorry for making small talk about stupid add ons on low end gpus
its not like he could accidentaly buy one of those and fuck his PSU with a low end GPU that consumes 150w

prove it or gtfo

it cant consume 150W if it doesnt have any extra power connectors like a fucking said twice already because the PCI-E slot only provides 75W and he cant OC the CPU

>Maybe your used market is worse there.
pretty much. Also, no raijintek passive cooler is being sold here, not even on amazon.com, and I got the Morpheus II. There wasn't any other way to get it for cheaper thant I got that for (at the end I paid 50€ for the 780 ti since the Morpheus is 50€ that I will get from a friend). I will probably sell it with the EVGA cooler it comes with for around 80€ if I don't find any use for it.
Maybe I will gift it to my cousin since he has a 7970, because all the other PCs I have are already 570, 1050 ti, 1060, etc.

Sirs, purchase Ryzen 2600, it good budget CPU thx

I am looking for a small graphics card like pic related but the PSU cable plugs in from the side of the card and not the top. Do they exist? What are they called?

Attached: GX42VAS_202143_800x800.jpg (800x800, 83K)

90% sure Nvidia or someone sells an attachment that you plug in to the top power connector that has another power connector on the side. It accomplishes what you're looking for.

AMD if for poor niggers

and now that you've paid us those 2 cents, you're broke and can't afford either AMD or Intel.

>tfw want intel single core performance for high hz gamin
>tfw cant buy because zen 2 soon
>tfw 9900k price dropping a bit, tempted
>tfw dont wanna buy overpriced gpus though so high end intel might go "wasted"
>tfw pc is almost dying and gpu almost dying too, nervous
is there ever any right time to buy... damnit
Is AMD gonna cuck us again?!

>whatever you choose, you lose
how does one cope

Attached: 1534724572990.png (633x758, 32K)

990k has shit value and is a housefire. Not to mention the endless security patches. 9700k is better and sometimes even beats 9900k in gaming.

Pairing an RTX 2070 with an X5670 @ 4.4Ghz, yay or nay?

Attached: rtx_2070.jpg (425x319, 19K)