Should AMD be banned for wasting electricity?

Attached: 1549158187240.png (320x380, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dw.com/en/building-walls-to-keep-climate-refugees-out/a-48273469
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying mining is done on graphics cards these days

based china

then why hasn't their price come down yet?

>says AMD has a very low market share
>blames AMD even though it's all intel and nvidia

they did though. where do you live? amd cards are cheap af at the moment

So... are they going to abolish their surveillance system for wasting energy & polluting environment?

>surveillance system
>polluting environment

Attached: 1528197340740.gif (463x698, 204K)

Deep fakes.

AMD shouldn't be blamed for mining boom even if every miner chose AMD hardware since it's better. They just make hardware which people started buying truckloads of. Banning AMD is the wrong way to look at it, if they want Bitcoin mining to stop they should ban Bitcoin mining.

Deep packet inspecting hundreds of millions of internet users can't be cheap on the ol' power bill.

plying mining is done on graphics cards the

>GPU Mining is a niche market

>Asic Mining is even a nicher market within a niche market

>FPGA Mining is for the biggest geeks/nerds in a niche market within a niche market within a niche market.

BAN VIDEO GAMES!!!

Attached: tytyty.jpg (640x480, 159K)

china is angry because people there are using bitcoins to cheat their system. so they wanna ban it. eventualy all countries will.
china is just the first because a tyranical governament is the best place for crypto currency to grow.

And this stops the crypto revolution. It was a nice idea, I liked it, but it just doesn't work in the real world. As long as governments can controll network traffic and exchanges, cryptos will be as regulated as fiat.

Bitcoin mining is pretty fucking retarded, if you actually think about it. A massive waste of resources.

does it cost more to upkeep fiat currencies compared to crypto?

In practice? I don't know, but probably not. The system might be bloated with too many workers, but with crypto energy consumption is the core. The whole logic is, that it would cost you more in electricity to fake transactions, than you would gain from doing so. A genius idea imo, but has its downsides.

yes, this pollution is clearly all due to bitcoin miners

Attached: 1543661300165.gif (461x393, 3.38M)

we need to eliminate china for polluting korea

Attached: 1549310420188.gif (489x475, 2.63M)

and japan

Attached: 1534453418403.gif (586x439, 677K)

Attached: 1534620752944.jpg (550x417, 48K)

Attached: 1532119487329.png (1810x1216, 1.32M)

Attached: 1528483241683.png (1500x1253, 1.7M)

NANO is gonna fucking moon because it's feeless, instant, and decentralized. Perfect alternative to mining buttcoin and hedging transferring funds rather than using litecoin Or other shit.

Attached: tumblr_n2oo3xvtoi1tu0hbzo2_400.gif (367x197, 853K)

Why do we even bother talking about climate in our tiny European shitholes, when China produces more waste in a day than we ever? It's all so god damn tiresome.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
China worrying about the environment
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
That is fucking hilarious.

We do what we can.
If climate change is real we are fucked anyway, big time.
And even if Asia and Africa use relativelly clean energy, there are just so many people. It seems like Europeans hope only 1 in 10 people in Asia or Africa will have cars. Even if they use the exact same tech that we do it will probably be horrible. Not even accounting for the waste that we ship off to feel better about ourselves.

Bitcoin was banned 2 years ago in China its still as big as ever kid the hell are u talking about lol

It wasn't enforced.
The point is, that the government can stop it whenever they want.

>the government can stop it whenever they want.
How?

Thank you china from saving the world from cryptotard and their energy wasting ponzi scheme.

Close all exchanges
Close all stores that accept crypto
Close all crypto farms

Some hacker nerds will be able to use crypto still and that is fine, but far from a revolution.

it's not about environment
china is in huge shortage of electricity

It has. The same cards were $200 more in 2017

>It wasn't enforced.
of course it was. All the Bitcoin exchanges in China closed years ago. Financial institutions stopped giving loans then later bank accounts to crypto related companies. Most if not all of the big mining companies moved out long ago.

It's not like they are going around arresting anyone with half a bitcoin in some wallet but everything cryptocurrency related has been shut down for quite a while.

At least the surveillance is useful for controlling their insectoids. Mining just wastes energy for internet monopoly money

95% of ocean plastic comes from India and China
Most plastic waste in the oceans are actually Chinese fishing nets and other trash they throw to the sea
The Chinese have overfished the world so much they are now illegally fishing West of Africa (yes, West)

But California bans plastic straws

I think it's all a scheme to make normal people feel guilty about their normal lifestyle, because various people want to push for other issues using climate change as a pretense. They don't really care about the environment.

For example French president Macron now wants commercial ships to slow down because they pollute so much, but if you tell him the problem is globalization and manufacturing of goods must move closer to consumption, he will foam at the mouth.

Attached: 1285858706035.gif (550x413, 104K)

Attached: honk honk.png (680x680, 221K)

>says the most polluting country in the world

>cryptos will be as regulated as fiat
as if cryptos aren't fiat as well

>should gun manufacturers be banned for killing people?
>should manufacturers of knives be banned for stabbing people?
>should Africa be banned for stealing bikes?
dumbest fucking thread this evening.

Fiat Punto *sips* now that was the car.

Attached: 1540866917660.jpg (602x552, 155K)

yes

>Polluting the environment
Stop dumping plastic into the yellow river than, you dumb chinks

>It seems like Europeans hope only 1 in 10 people in Asia or Africa will have cars.

You are assuming all car culture is the same.

>And even if Asia and Africa use relativelly clean energy, there are just so many people.

How is that any different from Europe?

>The Chinese have overfished the world so much they are now illegally fishing West of Africa (yes, West)

Everyone overfishes though not the Chinese.

Should consumer electonics be banned for wasting energy?

Europe is small, Asia and Africa aren't.
But I realize they just want our living standards, but of course that will lead to more CO2. Europeans should stop using cars before they judge other cultures.

They should stop breeding like roaches then.

Maybe, but by what logic? Europe's population density is pretty high. There are more Asians, but Asia is much bigger. Whore are we to keep them from having families?

Then why are they flooding Europe?

Because Europe has wealth obviously. Still, how can we deny those countries their industry? Are some of those places shitholes, sure, but they will be shitholes forever if they can not use oil or gas.

They are shitholes because they are inhabited by third worlders (POC).

Attached: 1540216186962.png (480x480, 25K)

About time. Bitcoin is the biggest environmental disaster this decade. So much power wasted on boomers speculating on funny money and being exit scammed. Good riddance.

Attached: A4FFEBFA-2505-4AAF-9F61-156B1191FF0D.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

I think the op was trying to make a "funny" joke about amd cards using more energy than novideo.
But maybe that's just me.

Honestly, China has been banning bitcoin since at least 2013. Possibly earlier. I just personally remember that's when I first started to read about "bans".

>ban crypto for "pollution"
>builds 500 powerplants fueled by coal
chinky bugmen logic

>Export entire western industry and production to China
>Prop up a country that is stuck in 1800s to modernity in 10 years
>Buy all consumeristic plastic trash from said country
>OMG why won't they stop polluting?
Can somebody explain to me this retarded logic of all these idiots posting here?
If you idiots stopped buying plastic crap and suck jewish cocks for a minute, China couldn't pollute for shit even if they wanted. You literally exported all your pollution to China, so you can feel superior about (((green))) numbers and how environmentally friendly you all are. You consumeristic bitches are in fact the cause of said pollution.

Depends on the coin, bub, theres quite a few of em.
We have hundreds of GPU rigs where I work.
Each with 6-8 1070's or 1080's. Also got some 570's and other stuff.

Attached: IMG_20181229_184719.jpg (493x657, 174K)

Attached: 1551773147965.jpg (1519x1760, 377K)

Based chinks polluting hikki faggots to death.

Smart miners put in large orders with OEM suppliers for barebones server cards. Those aren't affected by gaming card price markets.

Do AMD processors waste more energy than literally every datacenter on earth combined? What? Only shitcoins do that? Well guess AMD is safe for now then.

US miners will reap the benefits

Attached: IMG_20190205_125329.jpg (811x608, 136K)

>Powered by Intel Inside

Current GPU prices have nothing to do with mining. AMD prices are pretty good and way under MSRP for basically every model (except maybe the RVII), Nvidia is a different story though. They overestimated the market potential for RTX cards massively and hastly push out "cheaper" cards ATM. Of course, you still have to pay the goy tax with Nvidia. If you aren't a high performance gamerâ„¢, get an RX 570. You can buy them for as low as $100.

Current GPU prices are only this high because miners bought GPUs and Nvidia thought the demand would stay like it was at the peak before the bitcoin crash, if it had they would have gotten away with it. This is pure and simple nothing but anti consumer bullshit once more in a market that desperately needs real competition in the high end segment and not that sad joke AMD retells year after year.

What is actually mind boggling is that they thought it will, when it was literal near 1:1 repeat of 2013. The incompetence and lack of planning 1month ahead is fascinating to me, considering it's a billion $ industry with an toddler understanding of economics/executives. Guess jewish greed knows no boundaries.

I guess you never worked in a large company then. Cause trust me every (large) company is like that. It doesn't matter what they do, who is their CEO, it doesn't matter if they produce CPUs, GPUs or plastics. Large companies get cucked by their own bureaucracy. And often the terrifying truth is no one is in charge, they're just a bunch of greedy cunts hoping that the current trend will last.

China is the last country to give a fuck about the environemnt. If the rest of the world were to switch to a 100% no industrialism system tomorrow, China would still bring about the end of the world environemntally. They're doing this because they're fucking KIKES and they don't want to compete with crypto.

China is literally the single most important country in renewable and environmental tech research. And the poo in loos are unironically much worse than the chinks.

The only way they could have gotten away, is if the technology had an actual meaningful progress, because then it'd be a meaningful upgrade for their core base. They had all the data of their own RTX capabilities, they knew what to expect, they knew that it was marginal, yet they pretended like it's revolutionary. I'd agree with you most of the time, but this was beyond stupidity.
I mean damn, at least this once they did get burnt a bit, so that's something. What they need is nuclear hellfire though. This was nothing.

If only we had invented that tech from 50s that generate basically infinite amount of clean energy. Guess we will never invent it again, so we'll have to make do with windmills. Oh well, time to build another "green" tower that is gonna cost more energy to build than it will produce.

Honestly I seriously thought they would get away with it, they and others have done it countless times before. But every now and then the average consumer has a very brief moment of clarity and notices that they are getting assraped. Don't hold out hope though. Next GPU gen they will have forgotten all about it as they always do and just soak up the marketing bullshit buzzword bingo that they will play out then.

>wasting all that space
yikes

this, china is building gigantic machines to blow all their pollution to japan and korea

Do you mean nuclear? Cause if so I totally agree. There is not a single valid reason that we haven't switched over to full nuclear yet. And yeah windmills are heavily dependent on region as are all renewables. But still China is putting billions in all renewables, not just glorified windmills. And besides Nuclear Solar is the most promising, which they are spearheading while the rest of the world literally eats their dust.

Are you implying that my feelings is not a valid reason enough? Are you a sexist? You must be a racist.
Do I love the modern society. What a shit fest.

Seriously. There are no words in any human language to describe the hate I feel towards the retards in Germany that ran around with their "nUcLeAr BaD" shit years ago. Literally fucked it up for this entire country. But then again that is hardly the only thing wrong with this shithole.
But seriously I don't get how we got to this point where feefees are thrown around as if they matter over facts.

>Germany: nukes bad ja :-)
>burns tons of lignite coal

Seriously.
>hurr durr Nuklear bad shut down for muh environment
>Government shuts nuclear plants down as per the wish of some retard that should have been aborted
>Have to fill (literal) power void
>Burn tons of coal that is much more destructive not only to the environment but also to humans than any nuclear waste ever could be
>People feel good and ignore the situation they just created cause they shut down the bad nuclear power plants yeah!
Just fuck this country and it's people, can't wait to fucking leave once I am done with my masters.

Attached: 1551356163843.png (500x700, 207K)

>But seriously I don't get how we got to this point where feefees are thrown around as if they matter over facts.
Very simple. Modern politics and democracy. Of course, democracy doesn't mean what it says, so might wanna read something along the lines of chrony capitalism.

There's no pollution in Best Korea. Western colonialist pigs btfo.
Because the point in European climate hysteria isn't environmentalism but more government.

because we need to open our borders to climate refugees
dw.com/en/building-walls-to-keep-climate-refugees-out/a-48273469

a series of fines based on the volume of units sold , the energy wasted and so on. to be fair, they would be compensated for the times when they were more efficient than Nvidia

Based.
China should ban itself as the next step to save the environment from pollution

>Calls out amd
>Ignore nividia

Lets see you fit a megawatt of miners any closer bub

Attached: IMG_20180914_114748.jpg (1944x2592, 1.37M)