Ok if you hate this what do u use for backend developpement

Ok if you hate this what do u use for backend developpement

Attached: 711px-PHP-logo.svg.png (711x384, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-is-the-tech-stack-behind-Slack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pyramid

C

Attached: me_068.jpg (720x408, 177K)

Go

Attached: 1B62C35A-AD9E-483C-B9CA-515BB4F8E41F.png (300x441, 25K)

I use php but not with fun.
node mostly
I dont enjoy webdev

do you recommend it?

C# ASP.NET Core

I don't hate it
Nothing can beat php if you are building a simple website

based

NodeJS/Express with TypeScript, always on strict mode.
I feel like C# would be a better option though. Never actually worked with it, so I can't say for sure.

This but unironically!

Attached: 1553024208064.png (1000x1881, 854K)

you don't need any backend.

Low quality bait.

Based

so is that asp.net or .net core

This or something Java that isn't spring.

python/django

>Doesn't like PHP?
>Use something that's still one threaded, still blocks the I/O, is slower, have worse type hints and introduces undetectable indentation errors.

Java and Python.

I don't like it but I use it.
With the newer versions they could have finally fixed the wonky syntax and mismatched method signatures, but no, they had to mantain compatibility, even if EVERYTHING FUCKING BREAKS ANYWAY BECAUSE THEY BROKE THE FUCKING COMPATIBILITY.

... such as?

ruby

not only that, there is no language that is shittier to implement for web than python is
retards
based, asp is actually a good alternative to php and is very fast
based, go is actually a good alternative to php and is very fast

Python is shit, but it's still orders of magnitude better than PHP.

I prefer Go. I like Scala/Clojure as well.

le S E R V E R L E S S meme

Attached: 1474567453-1472310080-picsart-08-27-12-36-12.png (136x102, 26K)

Neither of those are "very fast". Asp isn't even "somewhat fast".

yes they are, for web code, which is what we're talking about.
>hurrdurr the world's fastest indian isn't fast at all!
>holds records for 60 years on under 1000cc motors

>TypeScript
based

Serverless is 100% backend. The typical serverless frontend is just a static site hosted on a CDN, or a mobile/desktop app, that does client side calls to your backend.

>if you hate this
then you're a limp-wristed söyböy who is probably coding Ruby on his MacBook at Starbucks

Attached: 1554847002492.jpg (640x740, 42K)

Python/Flask
but when I need to serve cheaply lot of traffic I rewrite it in Go

Attached: 1495900426653.jpg (369x387, 35K)

>PHP
>Better at fucking anything
kys retarded web poojet nigger

what do you mean?
PHP was created for web development

Everyone that has said asp.net or java is based af. The rest go fuck yourselves, none really cares about your shitty startups or straight up larping

Slack is written in PHP and it's a huge success. Language choice really plays a minor factor in the real world.

You can easily build a complex, fast and secure web application with PHP. Scalability is really its only downfall.

>asp.net or java is based
please kindly do the needful

>startup
every company was a startup at some point lad

Go is great for high performance needs. Might be overkill for a simple CRUD application if you already know Python/Java

hating PHP is the first indication that I'm talking to a sōylet

This. Keyword is "simple". I only hate PHP when people try to use it to make a large complex thing it doesn't work well for.

I fucking hate writing Node, but goddamn does it scale. Node+Nginx gets you running thousands of requests per second on a shitty Linode.

And it's still much, much worse at it than general purpose languages. The reason it took off was because it allows nonsensical code to somehow run, which let mongs churn out line noise to make websites.
Something like Go, Python, Ruby, etc is much more sensible. Hell, even C has BCHS.

Node, Python, C#, Java, you name it.
Anything that floats your boat

PHP will still outlive all these meme stupid crap you named in this gay thread
over 80% of internet run PHP
facebook is built on it
the biggest crime was letting javascript spread like cancer into backend because industry is rotten and full of nonprogrammer normies

Slack is written in tons of other stuff too:

quora.com/What-is-the-tech-stack-behind-Slack

Programming in a non-unix-like environment (especially wangbloows) is not real software engineering. Ever heard of grep? Or bash for that matter? lmao

Attached: caved_head_classico.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>facebook is built on it

Attached: 1530753663163.jpg (310x310, 35K)

I unironically use PHP for general purpose scripting.

C++

ever heard of cygwin or wsl? top kek

Attached: 1545316408691.jpg (692x800, 73K)

And there is nothing wrong with that fren

It's true, although they use their own dialect with a lot of the warts stripped out.

Everyone hates php but the alternatives are:

LMAORUBY

Serious business JAVA with crap frameworks

>tfw PYTHON has even less performance than php

Hey I'm c00l I use Go

MicrosoftFags

These days for simple websites just go JAMstack and if you need a simple api just use express for it. If you need a cms use strapi.

For everything else just use PHP with laravel.

>php for backend

Attached: get-this-spider-off-of-me.jpg (544x400, 104K)

I use Perl. It holds up surprisingly well even in 2019.

>go
>high performance
pick one faggot. just because go doesn't fucking hold the line every time you start it doesn't mean it's fast. if you want fast go somewhere else

perl5 or perl6?

>2019
>doesn't use apache and bash

> I don't know how to use Go properly, therefore is bad.

Crystal or RoR, maybe Django if I want to use some python lib.

Actual software engineering is independent of operating system, you fucking ignorant peasant. But at least you can impress your mom's latest boyfriend with your l33t pattern matching abilities, Neo.

Perl 5. I'm very interested in getting into 6. Its weird but its starting to look like its viable.

>"""backend"""
The vast majority these days are so-called 'microservices' written for Node.js but you can use any language you want and just string microservices together.

It's not as fast as c++ or rust but it's decently fast and has great tooling for profiling your code. Honestly I'd rather most thing be written in go rather than fucking python/php/javascript

Erlang

mmm python, node-js, java?

I've been trying Django, but from some of the comments here maybe I should reconsider.

I'm just making my own local homepage, but I need persistent storage in order to save what websites I visit and shit. Currently nosql (some JSON fuckery because I wanted it simple), but I should probably change that too.

Wat do?

python/flask

I just wrote a Python script that pulls data from a CVS file and creates all my pages and inserts everything the final site needs, not sure if that technically a PHP alternative but from my two videos on PHP I saw 3 years ago I thinks it's about the same

>Wat do?
Stop listening to Jow Forums autism.
Your language of choice won't make a damn difference until you start receiving thousands of visits a minute, and even then, you can still make it work out. Hell, Instagram is written in Python, Netflix is written in NodeJS, and they work.

python

hello sir
please do the needful

Attached: 1510678901091.png (400x452, 119K)

The only visitor will be me though. I meant "local" quite literally.

This is the final redpill about backend webdev. The code behind your servers is only glue code between the web server (Nginx) the database (Postgres) and the rest of your backend infrastructure. If you're doing any kind of heavy lifting in web scripts you're doing it wrong.

elixir if the app need decent sql support. ecto is really nice compare to what other languages alternatives.

crystal if speed is critical, the stdlib is pretty nice with decent amount of feature

for mockup or quick shit then nodejs

ScriptBasic, C

Attached: rails.jpg (795x375, 76K)

>being this retarded

based and frontpilled

>what do u use for backend developpement
Ya mum

I betcha you use CoffeeScript too, fag.

Microshills at it again. Tell me again, wheo uses ASP apart from Bing and Stackoverflow? Hahahahahahahahah

Java/Vert.x/Postegres masterrace

>needing to use shit software to compensate for your shit os

I personally use rails.
ASP.NET was also more pleasant than this.

If I were to try other technologies, I would probably try Go or maybe Node.js

Can someone please explain to me why I can't seem to call date functions inside an object?

>function datefy($arg = null){ return date_format(date_create($arg), "l, F jS Y"); }
>class ddfy{
> public $dtt = date_format(date_create('2015-01-01'), "l, F jS Y");
>}
>echo datefy('2015-01-01');

The datefy function works fine but if I call the same code or datefy inside an object I get this:

>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting ',' or ';'

It's definitely not due to any other code since it still won't work when I isolate the code.

I use Rails but that doesn't mean I like using it.
I use Phoenix for hobbies and I love it so much.

>public $dtt = date_format(date_create('2015-01-01'), "l, F jS Y");
thats not how functions are declared. do this instead:O
public function dtt() {
return date_format(date_create('2015-01-01'), "l, F jS Y");
}

and in php7+ you can also specify what type the function should return:
public function dtt(): string {
return date_format(date_create('2015-01-01'), "l, F jS Y");
}

assembly
>t. real programmer

not for the web. faggot stuck in 2004

none of your hipster languages will make it long term, even C will slowly be replaced by C++ and totally killed by quantum computing in a few generations. python have a chance as it is the php of desktop programming.

Except I'm not trying to turn it into an object function. I want to keep $dtt as a class variable that contains a datetime. By right I should be able to do:

>public $dtt = date_create('2015-01-01');

Inside a class but I can't seem to do even that. It's not like I can't work around this by converting the formatted date as a string before submitting it as a constructor parameter but it's a lot more convenient to be able to derive the datetime from the date I pull for an sql row.

Nigger, you still haven't googled the answer?
The default values for attributes in PHP are loaded during "compile" time. You can't pass the return of a function as default value, because that function still doesn't exist to the interpreter.

You can however initialize that attribute during the run time, when you create a new instance of the object.

class ddfy{
public $dtt;
function __construct() {
$this->dtt = date_format(date_create('2015-01-01'), "l, F jS Y");
}
}

CScharp me negro

this. It is really based and easy to use.