Thoughts on the potential of this new browser?

Thoughts on the potential of this new browser?

Attached: 1554574062681.png (719x239, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.io/social/try/
theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/05/twitter-bans-270000-accounts-to-counter-terrorism-advocacy
dissenter.com/help/faq
github.com/gab-ai-inc/gab-dissenter-extension/issues/51#issuecomment-478354559
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For fucking fucks sake stop forking Chromium, it will just come back to fuck you later down the road.

It's going to flop because it solves a problem that has already been solved by ungoogled chromium and iridium, just like gab itself with GNU social, diaspora and mastodon

>chromium based privacy browser
I bet it mines bitcoin too

just use firefox with adblock

Firefox is part of the problem

Firefox is miles ahead of anything derived from Chrome where privacy and config are concerned. Only an idiot would join the botnet because some retard made an add-on to say nigger online and got banned for it

Oh, great. Another browser that won't offer any remarkable advantages over what's already available.

>blocking anything by default
cringe

It would be more interesting if they go with Servo instead and build upon that.

>yet another chromium based browser
useless

You clearly missed that Firefox also blocked Dissenter and they happened to do it at the exact same time as Chrome. There is no defending Firefox here, they would have to fork Firefox here.

I'd rather see them work with and promote Ungoogled Chromium or Icecat than make their own special little niece fork. As you say, the problem of "we'd like to use chrome but we don't like Google's spying and censorship and control" is something others have been trying to tackle for some time.

It will fail. The main issue is they try to become everything and they will then become nothing.

Absolutely true. Chromium and Waterfox still have legacy support of browser add ons and do update them frequently. Why make a browser when no one is going to use it.

>Forks chrome.
>Has privacy tools.

WUT

Chrome is a proprietary Chromium derivative. This browser will be a fork of Chromium.

Goddamn when will niggers learn that Chrome/ium is inherently anti-privacy. There's no way to mask all fingerprinting, so you'll need to make a lot of changes to the code.
Just fork GNU IceCat, set it to act like Tor Browser by default, and put the same add-ons too.

Enjoy normies not using your browser due to inferior performance and websites breaking.

Who gives a shit about normalfags. Does more people using your browser stroke your epeen or something?
This would be a browser for paranoiacs.

Chromium will eat all marketshare then google can finally take down all adblockers

>Thoughts on the potential
fuck off

Whats wrong with using Brave?

Attached: 1554571985517.png (721x176, 25K)

I'll check it out and judge it when its finished.

>Thoughts on the potential of this new browser?
What potential? The potential of being forgotten in a month?

If I wanted a gimped browser, I'd use surf or links. Firefox is good enough if you load it the right way. Do your sneaky shit on a different less capable browser.

Nobody is going to jump through autistic hoops for basic functionality.
>This would be a browser for paranoiacs
Just use Tor. What's the point of gimping a clearweb browser? That just makes you stand out more.

Imagine forking and doing deveopment for a browser so children can draw 3 parentheses around some journalist's name and write the N word on some site lmfao

Are they fucking retarded? All of this just to say nigger on some web page? Why can't they just take screenshots and start a conversation on GAB like any other website?

the potential is zero because jewgle has the right to deny access to google services if they don't agree with what you're uising them for.
It (almost) happened to the vivaldi staff and it will surely happen to these dudes.

No mate, you missed the part about me not giving a shit about dissenter. I ain't gonna abandon the best privacy browser outside of tor because of what the developer of that useless add-on said on Twitter

It's afraid

Of getting drive-by'd by fatass boomer schizos? A tiny bit, tbqh.

Shoo shoo kike

i never seen any good content posted on gab so who cares

So to avoid a company they go to an even worse company?

Just admit you want to shut down any conversation you don't like. Nobody is going to drive by your house or gang stalk you for being onions, schizo.

top kek

Top fucking kek they cant even say the N word with it
Rightoids btfo

Attached: PicsArt_04-11-03.27.29.png (1773x1773, 1.06M)

Says the retard falling for controlled opposition. Enjoy giving your credentials to Gab.

Firefox folks ousted Brendan Eich because he made a *private* donation to an anti-gay-marriage bill. They are an sjw-infested flaming ball of shit. If you support firefox, then you're a fucking idiot.

So it's literally Brave just with the gab addon? Unless they put in uBlock Origin by default I'll consider it a shitty Brave clone, which already is a shitty Chrome clone and doesn't provide proper fingerprint protection. I don't see people using this over Chrome, or at least Brave and I don't see people who give a shit about privacy using this over Firefox, Tor or not using Gab at all because it's behind (((Cloudflare))).

>A solution looking for a problem
Cool. And it won't be used by anyone other than assblasted right wingers cause normies are already shilled on Brave or whatever the fuck that useless pos was called.

If they take chromium as a base they already fucked it up from the start. Why not fork the mozilla one? (It slipped my mind what its name is)

If literally anyone else was doing this browser fork shit, you'd call it a safe space. Because that's what it is. Most Gab users weren't banned from Twitter, they just can't handle opinions from people who aren't American boomers that worship Israel.
You are not a victim.

>"nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger"
>gets banned from some platform
>why don't people like conversation???

>gnu.io/social/try/
>rainbowdash.net

Well of course I'm afraid. I can't take on all of Gab's 10 users in a fight all at once.

What do you suggest as the alternative to authoritarian Twitter or Facebook?
Oh no someone said a bad word or has a wrong opinion. Better deplatform them and take away their bank accounts because muh private companies.

Your Jow Forums shit is irrelevant. Firefox is the only browser which allows complete privacy and anonymity.

>What do you suggest as the alternative to authoritarian Twitter or Facebook?
>hurr let's just replace one echo chamber with another echo chamber but this time it isn't filled with those filthy luftists hurr durr
Fucking glow in the dark nigger.

If you prioritize Jow Forums memes over decent privacy security you're a fucking idiot. It's an add-on for saying nigger, no one gives a shit about it and your rights aren't being taken away because you can't play Jow Forums outside of Jow Forums

>firefox
>complete privacy and anonymity
Yeaaaah.. No. No user.

It's a smaller platform that was shilled to a very specific group of people. Of course it's going to be an echo chamber right now. The problem is that Jack won't change Twitter for the better and that an alternative won't have the traction to take off. Then when I ask you or your handlers for suggestions, you just muddy the waters more.

"niggers and jews are dumb" is not an opinion worth reading or arguing with. People don't want it on their shit because it's annoying. You people are annoying and you want so badly to have the right to be annoying without other people being able to do anything about it on their own private platforms. You are the definition of a fucking baby

So you admit that you just don't like the opinions as I pointed out? It's a slippery slope, friend. What's acceptable today won't be tomorrow. We'll end up in the same gulag eventually.

I'm neither a Jew nor am I an American. I'm also more conservative then you can ever hope to be be.
Where I live:
- Adultery and casual sex is not only a crime punishable by prison time, but also looked down upon by the vast majority of the public.
- Homosexuality receives the same treatment as above.
- Any niggers trying to illegally migrate to Europe are arrested (whenever possible) and sent back to the authorities of their respective countries to be dealt with accordingly. The government has a very clear policies against illegal migration.

Can you guess where I live?

>Of course it's going to be an echo chamber right now
>right now
>(((you))) or your (((handlers)))
Sure thing. It will always remain a right wing echo chamber cause normies won't bother with it. And besides any "sOcIaL mEdIa" whoever the fuck controls it is an echo chamber. The modern internet is an echo chamber by design. So if you can't stand other opinions just stay in your bubble and shut the fuck up.
If you want genuine discussion leave the fucking house.

You have to configure it, but it is the only one that allows it. Any fork is insecure.

Italy?

>What do you suggest as the alternative to authoritarian Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter and Facebook are not public entities, they are private, and as such are not required to entertain your freedom of speech. They do not ban people to force an ideological narrative, they do so because it's profitable: extremely people want true free speech on their social media. This is how society works when you don't live in a communist hellhole.
Keep in mind that most people banned for political statements are Islamic terrorist sympathizers: theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/05/twitter-bans-270000-accounts-to-counter-terrorism-advocacy
If you want free speech, you don't use centralized social media at all. This is why services like Mastodon exist.

Nice arguments. But even Brave as the "most private" chrome fork fails at protecting the user from tracking.

Attached: brave.png (1406x1878, 87K)

Bubbles and echo chambers aside, those are better than deplatforming someone entirely. The moment any genuine discussion happens that (((someone))) doesn't approve of, it will get shut down. I don't even support the Gab honeypot, but we need better communication alternatives.

I hate all of these pol bandwagon fuckers.
They're all talent-less attention whores, hypocrites and scammers.

What is dissenter? An extension? A website?

People don't want your annoying opinions on their property, so they remove it. How hard is that for you to understand? Your opinion is an actual blemish, people don't want to argue with it because it would be an enormous waste of time for any normal person with a normal life. You think they're "out to get you" and your ideology but their perception of you is less of "dangerous epic gamer owninf libtards" and it's more like you're that kid who puts your finger one millimeter away from his sisters face and says "im not touching you!"
Nobody cares, nobody wants it on their site, deal with it

>We are going to fork Chromium
Stopped reading there.

The most private chrome fork is ungoogled-chromium

>but we need better communication alternatives
Absolutely agree on that, I just don't see it happen anytime soon, or maybe even ever. Unless we got genuinely decentralised social networks with mainstream appeal nothing will change because people will remain in their echo chambers. SJWs will continue to shit up Twitter and the like and right wingers will look for other platforms like gab or whatever. The average retard running around visits a few sites daily all day every day and remains in their small chamber, seeing only (((relevant))) articles, getting (((relevant))) videos recommended and so on. Genuine discussion on a large scale in the current internet is dead. People don't even want to see other opinions from their own be they left or right wing. People just want their opinions reinforced and mainstream sites give them exactly that. You can find genuine discussions in some IRCs but that depends on the admins and so on and so forth.
tl;dr shits actually fucked brehs

Egypt.

>13% and also 50%
Crime statistics don't lie. When people keep being banned for discussing it, alternatives will be made.

I don't see you proving him wrong Jow Forumstard. Firefox is the only browser that can be configured for proper privacy.

Again, you don't understand that what is acceptable will change. We've had such a huge cultural shift that it's amazing to see what they got away with in older media. Removing Jow Forums today, other dissidents tomorrow. This is exactly why we need an internet bill of rights to extend basic protections to the internet. Using the excuse of "muh private companies" is tiresome. Once they've reached monopoly status, they need to be held accountable.
We will see a resurgence of BBS and P2P soon. I think we will end up becoming decentralized or everyone will be running their own server in a way. We still have hope. The internet is still young.

>the most """private""" chrome skin is the one which has absolutely no privacy settings
So, the sad state of chromium is that even the most private fork has a million times worse privacy towards websites than Firefox with Mozilla's telemetry enabled.

>We will see a resurgence of BBS and P2P soon
The problem I see with things currently going is that people will end up in their same echo chambers again only this time by choice instead of by design. I hope I am wrong though. And yeah we are only at the start really, and I just hope things will take a turn for the better instead of becoming even worse.

Yeah, no shit.
>In the interests of continuing to be able to distribute the extension through the extension stores, we have made the decision that the current and any future version will not display posts containing a small and select list of approximately 20 highly offensive racial epithets.
>B-but o-only racists use it!

>People don't even want to see other opinions from their own be they left or right wing. People just want their opinions reinforced and mainstream sites give them exactly that.
That's always been how society works, all that's really changed is that it no longer gets you killed nearly as often. It's inevitable because if a community jumps through hoops to avoid being a hug box, it gets flooded with intentional falsehoods and bad faith arguments instead, which is fun on sites like this, but usually catastrophic for serious discussion. You're lucky if the victim complex pedophile brigade doesn't land on your doorstep, at which point no one else will even be willing to visit your site.
Free speech as a right is important, but as a cultural ideal it's a pipedream.

You can get stock chrome to the same level of finger printing etc as Firefox if you are so inclined. But there are still a million other things making you trackable, Firefox, Chrome or GNU+MemeOfTheDay. The horrid truth is it doesn't matter since privacy is dead already, you can only somewhat limit the data collection not stop it.

>million other things making you trackable
Everything relevant is blocked in Tor browser which is literally Firefox ESR. Anything else is up to the user, like don't leave private information online.

You forgot to mask your user agent.

That's far from the only thing cuckzilla has done. They're basically Google's faggot lapdog at this point

fbpb

dissenter.com/help/faq

>implying blacks arent disproportionately targeted
Ok retard. Fun fact: myself and literally all of my white friends have committed numerous crimes in the past and were never caught, we are all walking around free men with no record and it happens all the time. Black people could never hope to live that life without getting caught because of how they're under constant watch. That's why the statistics are the way they are and people don't want to argue about that with you because they've already argued with a dozen other retards about it before you came along.

It's not though. It's made because tranny faggots are doing whatever they can to remove any non-libtard opinion from the internet. Anyone can use Dissenter and Gab, unlike the established social media. The fact that you and the rest of the defense force is out shows that they are afraid
What's the alternative? Some freetard shit that no one ever uses?

yes and if you support a chromium based browser, you're an even bigger idiot.
pick your poison.

>What's the alternative? Some freetard shit that no one ever uses?
Learn to use dog whistles. If a living meme like Stefan Molyneux can avoid bans, you can too.

Imagine being this retarded despite all the conservatives being banned in recent years. Clearly you're a retarded libcuck or you'd care about this dystopia we're in. I'm not right wing by US standards but i'd rather have nazis, fanatical muslism and femnazis be able to talk than start opinion policing

>"we care about the privacy"
>their extension literally pings to them whenever you open an URL

github.com/gab-ai-inc/gab-dissenter-extension/issues/51#issuecomment-478354559

Why should we? Lots of people have been banned without saying anything racist. One feminist was locked out of her account for posting that men aren't women

How do they even make money?

>we are going to fork chromium

Attached: 1532978980112.gif (271x336, 1.13M)

>Oh boy another chrome fork
It's shit

Attached: 1493553287281.png (394x426, 175K)

>using extension stores
On second thought, a chromium fork is exactly the right choice for these degenerate mouthbreathers.

>cant say nigger on twitter
>we live in a dystopia

Because if the alternative has to be convenient, it will never happen. Social media is too ubiquitous. Fucking Google couldn't even catch up to Facebook, and their service was much easier to use.

Can't say men aren't women either. Are you enjoying being a retarded NPC?

saying trans women aren't women =/= men aren't women

>It's brave but with the dissenter addon installed
What a complete waste of time. If they wanted to do something interesting they could have at least forked firefox.

Blacks are disproportionately represented much more in homicides than any other racial group in the US. Is there some genuine discrimination against blacks in crime statistics and how crimes are handled? In drug related crimes definitely. But there's more to the whole thing than just that some police don't like black people or afro americans or niggers or whatever you wanna call them.
It's a simple fact that black people (again specifically in the US) are more likely to be involved in various crimes while white people basically dominate "white collar" crimes. Is it because of some racial shit like some people claim? Probably not, chances are it's a cultural problem. But it still is a problem that needs to be discussed instead of discarded as poltards being poltards again.