Was programming really invented by a woman?

was programming really invented by a woman?

Attached: turningtest.gif (478x358, 82K)

Kinda depends on your definition of programming. The first person to write a program for a computer was Ada Lovelace. A woman. I guest the answer to your question is yes.

If Ada Lovelace invented computer programming, that would imply that Charles Babbage somehow managed to design a programmable computer without knowing what programming is.

www.juliansanchez.com/2012/10/16/much-ada-about-nothing/

About halfway through the above article, you'll learn that Ada Lovelace could not solve the following:
f(x+y) + f(x-y) = 2f(x)f(y) is satisfied by f(x)=(ax + a-x)/2

She is possibly the most overblown "programmer" who ever lived.

should be f(x)=(a^x + a^-x)/2

Ada lovelace made an interesting and worthwhile contribution, but its a meme that is overblown by the media and feminist academics. Just look at the talk section of wikipedia, or just read her page and think about what it actually means.

Even when women make real contributions, women advocates have to make it fake.

Kek

Thank god I don't need this for my job.

Neither does a donkey.

is that a real quote

Was anything ever invented by a woman?

it was invented and maintained by gay males

That's one of the first history lessons in my compsci book from college is how Lovelace invented programming
So is it just bullshit college feminist propaganda?

moar liek NOAM CHADSKY

Yes. Which isn't to say women made no contributions to Computer Science; nor is it to say that Ada Lovelace was a retard, or even not brilliant in some aspects. She was, however, not on a level with her male contemporaries.

Misogynist bigot.

Attached: femme.jpg (625x748, 68K)

Have sex incels
We computah nao

Attached: 1535400826271.jpg (340x434, 16K)

c++ is hard

Her teeth are trying to eject

maybe the nipple twist

No.
You will notice that they often say she was the first to publish a computer program, which is true. She certainly didn't invent programming though.

The sandwich
Just kidding, it was actually John Montagu

Women in programing

Attached: Katie female representation.png (1832x972, 294K)

...she cute

>www.juliansanchez.com/2012/10/16/much-ada-about-nothing/
Using an article by a dude who works for the fucking Cato Institute as proof of anything, yeah no bias there buddy
>
Lovelace is frequently hailed as the “first computer programmer,” which is true in approximately the same sense that William Shatner is the “first starship captain.”
What a reasonable comparison and great display of knowledge on the field of computation.

The diagram posted, is WHY people call her the first programmer, it is effectively programming and as Wolfram puts it until that point
>there's nothing as sophisticated—or as clean—as Ada's computation of the Bernoulli numbers. Babbage certainly helped and commented on Ada's work, but she was definitely the driver of it

Who cares if she at a given point, where she had a very tenuous mathematical background and specially one that can't even remotely reasonably be held to modern popular standards this the 1800s we're talking about, could do algebraic substitutions or not or if she was a genius, and no one contends she was gifted by the way, she wasn't your average modern code monkey who struggles through calculus

Just who gives a shit, she was one of the pioneers of what would become computer science, this is what she's known for.

Attached: Diagram_for_the_computation_of_Bernoulli_numbers.jpg (1280x896, 253K)

>chad
>programmers
Uhhhh user...

It's odd that compsci classes shill Ada Lovelace who was essentially some high society debutante who dabbled in math for fun when Grace Hopper was probably the best female programmer that ever lived pioneering linkers for compilers and invented the term 'debugging'.

Not to mention the term "compiler"

>I don't like who wrote it so its wrong!!! let me quote a passage from the first paragraph because i'm not about to read this whole thing
pathetic

Except for the part where i addressed his main point about algebraic substitutions.
No one claims she is a mathematical genius, nor is it even the subject of the thread.

>Fails to address the points i make entirely
>pathetic btw

if you'd read the entire article instead of pathetically stopping after the first paragraph, you would see that its all addressed and your comment was inane bullshit that added nothing to the conversation

You realize you're still saying nothing right?

>
Her illustrative “programs,” EXCEPTING the freshly developed Bernoulli, had all been worked out years earlier by Babbage and his assistants, from whom Lovelace had learned—Lovelace was just the first to put one of these “illustrations” into print.
Yes if you take away the main thing someone is known for, that usually dampens the impact of their contribution. I already addressed this. If you want to trust a shitty cato institute shill over a dude who actually knows what he's talking about then do go ahead and be retarded.
What else should i address, this other piece of mindpuke?
>But if we’re counting feats of imagination, we can find something similar a century earlier in Gulliver’s Travels.
Yeah a completely imaginary thing with no kind of actual specification is the same as the chart detailing the execution of what is essentially a computer program. Totally not a false equivalency

Do you actually have any argumentative capability or are you just a brainlet hiding behind a (shitty) authority figure?

Ada Lovelace really only made one contribution to computer science and it was only because of someone else that it was realized. Ada Lovelace wrote about breaking programs into subroutines. Much later Grace Hopper read about Ada's idea and then actually implemented it over the objections of her contemporaries. That's the entirety of Ada Lovelace's impact on computing. It's interesting that Ada gets so much more attention than Grace Hopper. Likely because LARPing as Countess Lovelace involves dressing up in pettycoats and playing make believe Victorian. Hopper meanwhile was an admiral in the United States Navy. Not exactly an organization beloved by feminists.

>only because of someone else that it was realized.
>this wahmen didn't even invent microchips in the 19th century, FAKE
The state , the utter state

Who made that computer?

Jesus christ, how fucking insecure can you faggots get?

programming is invented and used by people who can understand it. Some of them are male and some of them are women. That's it, there are no magic powers or shit, it's just people that get a knack of it.

That said, it's more common to find men than women doing it.

C Babbage

It's more about sticking it to the lamestream media, by way of introducing mistrust among the casual readers, the type that don't necessarily go past the headline or the first paragraph of whatever shitty article, from whatever pungent outlet they subscribe.
Blog news culture must fucking die, leave those urinalists out of work, turn them into code-monkeys or burger drones.