Discuss how this is going to be trash in every way and form possible

discuss how this is going to be trash in every way and form possible

Attached: stadia.png (454x455, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8oK6P545I1M
youtube.com/watch?v=IxurdKVsQP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

seething

Latency is going to be terrible so the actual service will probably be trash.
It'll overall be a positive for loonix gayminh though I guess.

without a doubt, the delay always makes a difference, watch this video
youtu.be/8oK6P545I1M
basically cl_interp is a command in team fortress 2 you can run that can give you a 500ms delay from the server for extra bullshit

It's the future. It will be shit for a decade or so, until they figure out how to cache just about every latency sensitive operation the end user might experience locally.
>they will never be able to do that!
They will. The advertising capability for something like this is insane. They'll figure it out.

It won't be trash with fiber/5g

>implying

Attached: 1553048095340.webm (752x398, 1.49M)

Attached: 1553050038846.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>exclusive games for google fibre subscribers

I don't care. It won't let me pirate my games, right?
>No cheating, no hacking
Well then what's the fucking point? The entire fun of games for me is either modding them, playing other people's mods, or "cheating" in fun ways, etc. I'm not even against cloud computing or anything, because my computer is shit right now, but the fact I can't access the actual game files or anything means nothing I like about games will be available so I have no reason to purchase this.

Attached: 1553070686345.webm (1280x720, 1.93M)

I don't see fiber or 5g there. I see a shitty tablet running on Wifi at a booth, where there's probably tons of shitty wifi all around.

It's from Stadia's main stage presentation.
I don't see why they wouldn't have figured out the best possible internet connection they can get their hands on, when they're debuting the service.

Attached: 1553447883538.gif (448x352, 996K)

>high latency
>low fps
>if your internet goes down you're fucked
>you no longer own your games
>games can be removed at any time
>no mods
>google datamines everything you do

>main stage presentation
This is why they aren't going to have the best possible internet connection they can get their hands on. It would also ruin the image if they had a tablet hooked up via wired Internet. They know most normies won't notice the horrible latency in that.
As for the other webms the latency you see isn't much worse than what you get on a TV without game mode. Awful? Yes. Unplayable? No, especially for normalfags who don't know shit about computers.
No one who knows anything about computers was going to use this in the first place.

Attached: fd1e4baec39671a33acc42db7f0c4610_original.jpg (680x380, 41K)

And don't forget that in a future distopian scenario, if you start yelling "NIGGER" / "GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW" in front of your obviously miced device in multiplayer, they might kick you off of their platform.
It brings the potential to be deplatformed from having the ability to playing video games, if they obtain a monopoly in this too.
Not owning a video game you paid for is fucking insane to me.
>Awful? Yes. Unplayable? No
Why should people settle for worse than what offline games can already offer? People can play PUBG and Fortnite on their fucking phones just fine.
This shit is pointless and only serves (((cloud computing)))'s interest.

It could be made to work with some rendering trickery.

>Latency is going to be terrible
T A C H Y O N S you damn dullard

Attached: tachyons.jpg (1300x666, 79K)

Why do people buy $20 headphones? Why do people use tablets? Why do people use Windows? Why do people use 60hz 4k?
Many people either don't care, don't know better, or have different needs.
You (hopefully) wouldn't put lossless audio on your phone, even though lossless audio, even if you can't tell the difference, is objectively inferior.

But Stadia so far has proven to be significantly worse enough where the experience is so much worse that it would be a huge step down for most people, and I don't see how it could be any better before their launch date.

Attached: 1553048273459.jpg (750x980, 471K)

Most people don't even bother with game mode.
There are even youtube reviews with people comparing game mode to "dynamic" mode.
youtube.com/watch?v=IxurdKVsQP4
Normal people are too ignorant to notice a difference.

It's funny even the shills have nothing.

>It's shit.
>So what it will still sell. We hope.

You seriously overestimate the ability of normalfags to get upset at latency. Like others already said in the thread, these people have been "gaming" on console controllers with televisions with 100ms of input lag for almost two decades. They're seriously not going to give a fuck if it's what the cool kids in class or on Twitch are playing.

>They're seriously not going to give a fuck if it's what the cool kids in class or on Twitch are playing.

That would be the game not the platform.

tachyons

Can't wait to port it on to my chromebook with GPU acceleration when the hardware flops.

the only way it wouldn't fail is if the latency is somewhat decent, and even then it'd require a really good and consistent internet connection

No it can't. There is literally nothing to discuss there. It's simply impossible to work around the delay we have seen in their demo where the servers were literally in the same building. Real world it will fail and get shut down immediately cause it's Google we're talking about.

When have they ever made anything good?

Attached: Wojak Stadia.png (767x800, 86K)

They did in the past. In recent times? Not so much.

oh my god

The implication is that the theoretical game in question will be on Stadia. Try to keep up, ESL-kun.

And? why would you use stadia? You can already play the game on whatever platform you are using.

The service is shit. If it will ever be viable, then it will become popular because it's extremely anti-consumer. Consumers love to get a huge black dildo up their ass.
Plenty examples like: itoddlers, novideo, tel-aviv, micro$oft, google.

Well... you could do a fast low poly low detail environment render then over the protocal dynamically load in the visual fx and details.

It could be decent for many game formats (definitely not shooters.)

Attached: 1554866705393.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

yikes!

>rendering in details dynamically
You somehow made it worse. How the fuck.

>this is supposed to be good
dead on arrival

Here's the real scoop of how it's going to go down:
>Multiple PCs on the Google botnet (Chrome, Chomebooks, ChromeOS, etc.) are used all over the world to compute your game for you instead.

>Dude I called somebody a fag online yesterday and they deduced 200 of my SP (social points). Let's change our plans, I can't go to Zone 4B for a month.
>Damn I really wanted to go that restaurant.
>Yeah sorry man but if I enter that block my chip will alert Google.

Probably not going to be trash but Google will abandon it within 3-4 years.

this. google can never commit to products

proprietary. rent seek. analytics.