So when did you start playing gayems on Linux?

So when did you start playing gayems on Linux?

Attached: Capture+_2019-04-09-12-41-10.png (1196x703, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lutris.net/games/starcraft-ii/
forum.level1techs.com/t/overclock-your-monitor-with-nvidia-windows-and-linux/109323
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the only game I have on steam is Ark, which I don't play anymore

I tried it in 2014 but the games were shit and never tried it again

I tried to play on Maplestory private server with wine last night but it wouldn’t seem to start. Broken piece of shit.

when i discovered victoria 2 worked through wine

Since 2009/2010

Tux Racer 4 life.

Also, don't forget to wash your CPUs.

The only games I really play are Tetris, solitaire, bejeweled, Minecraft, and doom and I don't mean just on Linux, so its very easy for me to game on Linux. Mostly I just play these in browser (except Minecraft and doom)
Anyways, been playing games on Linux since my first taste of linux in 2014

what's the probability that Anthony browses Jow Forums?

I play the occasional game on my HTPC which runs linux, though, i am considering switching distro from Ubuntu, not sure what too.

He actually has a job though.

shit. you're right
even though it is poverty wages because linus is a jew

>no modding
>no custom shaders
>no ultrawidescreen patches
>poor vr support
>non-existant custom vr support (VorpX, Vireio 3d)
>no or poor support for older, not popular games
>no support for pirated games and servers
I think, I'll pass, Windows is still superior for the ultimate gaming machine

I hope you know iommu hardware passthrough is a thing.

imagine being so fat you look at computers and see food

7 years ago, more or less

Attached: botnet.png (1280x720, 596K)

Attached: 2RIBxgy.gif (500x216, 872K)

Since around 2008. Steam for Linux is one of the best things that ever happened, and now I can play TF2 natively which is nice.

WOW THIS IS HOW THE LINUX USERS LOOK LIKE ?

As much as lutris and steam are helping, it needs more native support.

Manjaro is ass for video performance, I don't know why he suggested it. Ubuntu can get you like for like in shit like WoW and Overwatch.

Attached: thefuck.png (429x410, 7K)

>go through games
>have 10 installed
>play them kinda regularly?
>most have native Linux support
>only 2 of them are "Silver" rated according to the Steam Proton list
Huh, neat.
I could move over to Linux and have pretty much the same experience in the few games I play.

Not surprising since the native Linux version is a train wreck. As in, a bigger train wreck than the Windows version.

As much as people seem to rag on Ubuntu, it's unironically one of the best supported distributions and i generally end up sticking with it despite flirting with others.

Dude is the Juggernaut, imagine if he lifted.

au contraire , i heard he helps his employees buy homes

5 years ago. All the games I played at the time happened to run on Linux so there was no reason not to. Ever since I just don't play it if it doesn't run on linux.

Few months ago, enjoying occasional matches of CS:GO and War Thunder, Total War games run surprisingly well too.

He's actually a really nice guy, Jow Forums shits all over him out of jealousy.

Its really not that hard with crossover. Either the devs made it in a way that its impossible to run on linux or the exe just works with no effort on your part.

>Do you have a single snack to back that up?

Attached: videogames.png (383x179, 15K)

Off and on, I dual boot. Would like to goo full neckbeard but the software I use to render huge titties waifus doesn't work as well in wine.

Attached: cropped for christian board.jpg (964x2048, 175K)

you wanna uncrop that image for a non christian user?

They said there's lower overhead in the OS, but then where are the higher framerates? All benchmarks i remember show lower FPS in linux

Fuck off, Anthony

Same, Ubuntu just werks

It's not a dick, right side of the image is just her without her clothing.

Is it really that easy to get Starcraft 2 working now? Because it's the only game I play and the reason I dual boot.

>lutris.net/games/starcraft-ii/
>itjustwerx

Neat, will check it out

y u so jealous bruv?

This is not for advertisement.
You need to pay for ads.
Linus is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
If you want to see how to build your next gaming desktop PC or which gaming laptop is best, then go ahead. But consider this: then maybe Jow Forums isn't your audience?
I bet he would be much more popular on /v/

>I hope you know you can use Windows

I mean, for some games this is simply false. Minecraft comes to mind as the Java version is king. Java may be shit, but you have to admit, it makes running things on linux a breeze.

I play pretty much exclusively dota which runs great on Vulkan/Ubu18 but I can't figure out how to mimic the mouse accel/sensitivity from windows which is a deal breaker for a l33t competitive gamer like me

Idk what the fuck this dude was talking about when he said the only way to install software on linux was either from the app centers or via the terminal. When my normie dad installed chrome on his ubuntu PC he literally just downloaded the .deb file directly from the website and installed it just like with windows.

Attached: IMG_20190410_194813_146.jpg (712x356, 24K)

it's because almost every linux port is the windows version with wine compiled in, so there's a translation layer adding overhead

it's not quite at where I want it to be yet. As of right now, linux goes on my school laptop only, and my gaming machine will remain botnetted.

He didn't say that though... He said if it's not in the package manager or a third-party repository, then you should look online.

I've playing Cave Story and FreeDoom.

As soon as I installed it. Actually, I'm playing more games on Linux than I did on Windows and I don't know why. Send help.

>Idk what the fuck this dude was talking about
that much is apparent

I'm not talking about his technical ability, It's clear you have no intellectual integrity if you feel the need to strawman, you'd do very well on /v/ yourself, as that's 90% of their arguments.

I only play 2hu and some visual novels, these run perfectly on Wine.

>it's not his technical ability what's important, but how kind he is!
>on Jow Forums
>on technology board
>anything else matters at all
>somehow this is a strawman

Attached: 1545329890525.jpg (500x500, 38K)

When did this become an argument about technical ability? The discussion was only in referencing to how he acted as a person. That's why you're strawmanning, and clearly also a brainlet for being unable to follow such simple context.

I was in the Steam beta program back when it started (2012?). Before I played Assault Cube and OpenArena

When I tried ubuntu I played a couple of the tux games, linux was bad so in the trash it went. I installed the games on windows, they work better on it.

Since around 2004/2006 or so.

I used to play nethack, wesnoth, uqm, and FF7 (wine ran it better than the crappy windows install I had at the time).

>it's not about technical ability, but him as a person
>on technology board

Attached: 1541677717956.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

>Still strawmanning
The jealousy is unreal.

Not everything that's discussed on Jow Forums deals directly with technical knowledge or technology therein. Linus, while often discussing basic concepts, is still heavily related to Jow Forums, and if people want to discuss his personality rather than his technical ability on the board that's perfectly acceptable. In the same way /a/ discusses the personalities of mangaka and directors, Jow Forums can also discuss the personality of tech "celebrities", as is often the case whenever a woman does something notable and gets praised for it.

I didn't yet, my video card is too old to get decent support.
It runs literally twice as slow with the binary nvidia drivers and 1/4 of the speed when using noveau.
But other than that, i actually enjoyed my linux experience quite a bit and will move to it if i get a newer computer that can't run windows 7.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74K)

>somehow post on topic of this board is strawmanning
Just face it, faggot, you'd like to massage Linus (not even Torvalds) prostate, so he could make a video with you in it.

Attached: 1537748154968.gif (652x562, 626K)

Posting on this board isn't strawmanning, trying to make an argument of Linus' technical ability when we were discussing his personality—when no one referenced his technical ability—is.

>the jealousy continues, vol 6
I bet you wake up in a sweat at night, cursing Linus' name as he rolls in money and you do nothing with your life. I bet you're even less technically apt than he is.

OBSESSED

>when 3rd world poors dont know the glory of Mt. Anthony

Talking about a man behind tech review videoblog and opposing any valuable trait of his personality with his illiterateness on technology oriented forum is not strawmanning, you should have expected that much.
I am. I often masturbate thinking about his wife.
I found out about Jow Forums from LTT videos
Yes, I am.

I use Debian. Very stable very good. I also use mint and Pureos. It doesn't really matter.

Attempting to argue that point in a discussion of his personality is misdirection, no one was talking about his literacy, and you tried to turn it into a debate of such. You also replied to another user with references to his literacy and tried to skew user's words into something that was never said, that's strawmanning. You can't use his supposed illiteracy as an argument to imply he has a bad personality, that's fallacious in many ways. You have no intellectual integrity as a person, and are likely less literate and far less of a decent person than Linus is.

Been playing the majority of my games on Linux since I switched about a year and a half ago. Majority of my games just worked, and then when Proton came out, even more of my games just worked.

It's nice. Also have helped people transition over that had shit experiences with MacOS and Windows.

Right now I'm just mining diamond with my girlfriend, and blasting Krauts and Yankees after dark, feelsgoodman.

Attached: dayOfInfamy_freeWeekend.jpg (460x215, 52K)

If anything a maplestory private server should work. Did you try installing all the dependencies?

Factorio is workign really well

why is manjaro ass for video performance?

t. just installed manjaro

In my case, it had screen tearing in any game and needed a whole different compositor installed. Seemed a lot of pointless work when other distros just werk.

I think in manjaros case it's on purpose. It's meant to be lightweight. Ubuntu has more overhead but that's what gives it better game performance.

I don't plaly much games but first game i played on linux was diablo 2 around 2010
since like half year ago i discovered dxvk and have been ocassionally playing some tho

I wish steam (and many other proprietary things, such as PyCharm) supported MUSL and not only glibc.
That would free a lot of memory on my laptop.

Attached: 9_ErbOeX_400x400.png (400x400, 78K)

Install Ubuntu for the "just works" experience

Can you overclock monitor refresh rate in Ubuntu? I have a Korean panel than can go to 96 but the Nvidia settings only go to 60.

forum.level1techs.com/t/overclock-your-monitor-with-nvidia-windows-and-linux/109323

>)
blessed user