Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums

I have two months to learn a technological skill to make a living while staying in the comfort of my home. I've been wagecucking for 10 years for 30k-50k jobs but having room temperature IQ bosses was killing me. I prefered keeping what is left of my mental sanity and leave instead of making money being suicidal.

I have a relatively good entrepreneurial brain and an IQ of 140, according to a team of psychiatrists who recently did a study on IQ in my town. I don't consider myself a genius but I can learn things fairly quickly.

I have more or less two months ahead of me to learn a new skill to be able to work from home. I don't need to make 50k, I'd be more than happy with 25k.

I'm open to mostly anything in tech, as long as it allows me to work from home and take more or less 2 months of full-time studying to learn. Also, it doesn't have to be a job. I'd be happy working for a product that would make me earn money, when released.

tl;dr what tech skill can i learn in 2 months to make a living from my home?

Thanks!

Attached: learn to code.png (284x177, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap
aop.cs.cornell.edu/index.html
udemy.com/become-the-king-of-facebook-ads-for-any-niche
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try being a prostitute.
Problem solved.

Attached: images.jpg (126x97, 3K)

literally did camwhoring stuff 8 years ago. Insane good money but I stopped because touching yourself 40h per week kills your sex drive

What unit of currency are you talking about? Dollars? Bongdollars? Upsidedownbongdollars?

CAD

Have a look down this page
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap

Anybody in here able to support themselves fully by teleworking as a coder/developer?

>I have a relatively good entrepreneurial brain and an IQ of 140, according to a team of psychiatrists who recently did a study on IQ in my town.

Attached: kek.jpg (413x395, 115K)

Geez man. 25K CAD seems low. You could probably make that as a night watchman and save your mental energy to learn something that takes more than 2 months.

This.

meant to say in a uni from my town

2k after taxes per month would be fine with me

You're on the internet, don't need to make shit up about your IQ or the 'team of psychiatrists' who determined it. Just be honest.

But it's true. I never knew about my IQ until a friend working at McGill told me they would give me 100$ to ask me random questions and make me do an IQ test. It took two hours and they told me I was almost a genius, lol

McGill is for squareheads

I am in a similar situation, what I am doing is buying a course on Udmey on web design working part time to put food on the table and sitting my ass down 8 hrs a day 4 days a week and hope for the best. I can’t work on retail man is making me suicidal

Yes. There's numerous ways to do this.
1) sign up to freelance marketplace sites like TopTal. Wage isn't huge but it's steady remote work, no race to the bottom (race to the middle).
2) learn everything there is to know about Elastic Search, Github or Gitlab, work as remote customer service, weasel your way into development side internally
3) go to shitty sites like Upwork/getafreelancer or respond to local craigslist ads, or make a CL ad advertising yourself as a local P/T programmer somebody may hire you for side projects (remote, but local so you can still meet)

TopTal is pretty easy. You first get a phone screen by some pajeet, then do codility tests so may as well just go on InterviewByte or Topcoder or Codility and do the tests there anyway. After TopTal gives you some generic assignment to finish, which anybody can do. Then they set your rate (kek) depending on where you live, so likely $20-40/hr which is pajeet tier but whatever you have to start somewhere.

To learn, probably the best book is this: aop.cs.cornell.edu/index.html just to learn everything there is to know about basic programming concepts and tooling, then you pick some language you want to use, go on libgen.io, get all resources associated with it and go try and write features for very large open source projects, the bigger the better. Repeating this process is how you actually learn how to program in the industry. The more practice at this the easier it is to fly past those TopTal and other pajeet tier hiring screens

social media marketing. a couple cold emails will get you 2 clients at $1000/mo each, done. Takes only an hour or 2 a week to run

udemy.com/become-the-king-of-facebook-ads-for-any-niche

Just be yourself user that is more than anyone could ask of you. I am sure she will say yes.

If you're in US or Europe, you can do Lambda School instead of Udemy, it's free and you can do it part-time or 8hrs a day if you want. Caveat: if you get a job after they steal a percentage of your salary to cover the school, otherwise it is 100% free.

It would really, really help to know something like first though (that book) aop.cs.cornell.edu/index.html or literally any other intro to programming before doing Lambda School so you can really understand the curriculum better

Is there a free version of that book anywhere?

kek, you are not working hard enough.

>IQ of 140
>did camwhoring for 8 years
>want to learn programming in 2 moths and work from home

it's good to know there are camwhores that are rocket scientists but I guess it will take more than 2 months, anonette.

as an Euro I'm also interested in what OP was talking about but I could give it a year or two just for the basic level that gets me to work my first online programming job

You can always start to learn a programming language in two months, but you'll need much more than two months of practice before you can market yourself as a professional. There are a lot of things to take in. Your supposedly decent iq won't make that big of a difference, you still have a lot of work ahead.

Two years can be well enough to start working as a junior programmer. Depending on your country, look into what unemployment agencies can offer you in terms of training. Many schools are garbage but it's still better than learning by yourself for many people, it forces you to study and and having access to someone who knows more than you in real life will allow you to progress much faster.

If you were a genius, you'd be rich already

there are no such schools around here

Ah, tough luck. Two years could still be well enough, but I'd advise you start now

#learntodigcoal

Technological skills are a meme. Learn cohomological Hall algebras, make shiny presentations in powerpoint and get 130k$ for basically sitting around.

>Hur dur I'm a genius but I'm dirt poor and need to ask 4channel advice on how to start typing symbols that computers understand into text files properly
Sounds like a likely story.

How legit is that Lambda school?

Excel, unironically. SAP if you want to kill yourself in the near future.

this

>140 iq
does not mean anything since iq is mostly bs

i have a pajeet menial job where i earn more than programmers in my country and i wonder how is it abroad? can you get a menial programmer job where you get paid by hour or is it all project-based and you always need to have some skillz to earn good money online??

>IQ of 140
>did camwhoring
Not so smart in the end.