What do you think about ucuntu 19.04?

What do you think about ucuntu 19.04?

Attached: ggvrqwl6okm21.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Attached: trash.png (60x83, 5K)

No unity no use.

botnet

gnome is useless

Does the file picker have thumbnails yet? If not, I'll stick with KDE Plasma.

ubuntu used to be old people linux but gnome 3 is so heavy that it doesn't run well on old people laptops. it's about as useful as a jello butt plug

A
FUCKING
FOOT

Use Debian or Arch, everything else is a meme.

>Arch l
>not a meme

xubuntu's better

Nah, pop os is best gnome 3 distro desu. Instead of the retarded side bar ubuntu has shoved up gnome's dick hole the default pop os gnome configuration provides shit you might actually want, like a performance profile switching amd switching between DPI modes.

Ubuntu is no longer the comfy distro. Especially since the theme gets increasingly fisher-price with every release

pro tip - you don't need it

If I were to use gnome 3, I'd rather go with fedora

Why use Ubuntu over Debian? Serious question.

fpbp

this. call me when they bring unity back or switch to kde. Honestly Canonical is big enough they should make their own DE based off lxqt or something.

>not a bug
>topic closed

It's called lubuntu

fuck the nu-foot
install xfce or mate

>t.hasnt used gnome for at least half a year
3.30 is fine and 3.32 is much better than it used to be

>lubuntu
S H I T

udindu*

>mate
The kind of pleb shit that makes me want to tell you to fuck off back to osx
>xfce
Fucking sexy

ucuntu? with that faggot penguin? that operating system?

Holy shit that theme looks so good! If I wasn't dependent on i3, then I might have updated. Alas, I can't go back now. I can't even use a regular computer now...

I'm using gnome 3.32 right now, still feels like it's computing pi on half my laptop's cores

>Why use Ubuntu over Debian? Serious question.

I have tried time and time again to get into Debian but fail each time. Even when using the same DE that I run under Ubuntu (xfce) I run into problems that I don't have with ubuntuand that I am not able to solve myself.

Also the Debian community is not really beginner friendly.

get something better than a core 2 duo shitpad

>gnome 3 is so heavy that it doesn't run well on old people laptops
read my original post fucksicle

Ubuntu doesn't run MS Office so it's useless for most working situations

>mate bad xfce good
wut

xfce is mate but stable.

>Gnome
To the trash it goes

I'm never going to try it again but judging by the image you posted their entire design team is still made up of people trying to keep people from using it. A couple hundred mega-dumptrucks of consistency and a color wheel+theory would help.

I think you have to 2 confused there bud.

Attached: 1553646313981.jpg (204x248, 9K)

mate is trash and it resource heavier than gnome

>ubluntu
nah

mate works fine initially but after a while it shows its flaws.
xfce just werks, no matter what. Sometimes you get screen tear but it can be fixed, and that's it.

The settings layout is fucking retarded and half the shit isn't searchable like it is on Xfce. I don't hate it, but it's inconvenient and it's heavy as fuck. If you want something that's literally "Android UX, the desktop" and won't use the desktop or change settings then it's ok.

Can agree. PopOS is quite good for a GNOME distro.

Yes, it's always been the case. I haven't tried MATE since they moved to gtk3 so idk if it's improved, but back in 2016 it was worse than Xfce 4.12 and 4.10.

Pop!_OS would be great if the name weren't so cringey.

what is g consensus about budgie?

pop os is just rebranded ubuntu with preinstalled drivers for their laptops

Just as garbage as every other Linux desktop OS

please can more people defend Unity, it doesn't have to be the default, but it should not have been discontinued abruptly when it had the best start menu.

ideal distro: Ubuntu with KDE's DE except it has a status bar and a tiling window manager akin to i3-gaps

Nice, relatively friendly DE. I used it for forever before switching off of Ubuntu Budgie to go to Debian. It just werks™

gnome is actually the best desktop environment available. There's a reason Linus Torvals of Linus Tech Tips uses it.

Tried using ubuntu 18.04 and 190.4 for the last few months. It's laggy, buggy, and shitty. Gnome is shit. Ubuntu is shit. PPAs are aids. It crashes (on 18.04) every day or 2...

I have 16GB of ram, a GTX 1070, and an R7 1700. This should not be happening

This.
Kubuntu 19.04 is based tho

just werks

>using a point-release distribution in 2000 + 19
>pretending a point-release distribution is "user friendly" and "stable" in 2019
>using GNOME

ubuntu is god awful

>linux desktop
>werks
Pick one.

Pretty cucking redpilled

That sounds retarded desu

its bad, anything deb based is bad, literally choose anything else and it would be better. fucking manjaro is better than deb based shit

Funny how Unity was the most hated DE and now faggots want it back.

thats kubuntu?

i dont care for the unity menu.
kde with global menu and window buttons applet recreates all i ever liked about unity.

Attached: 1519154108357.png (1277x1281, 214K)

/thread

plot twist: GNOME's icon is actually the bottom of Stallmans foot.

Unity was an abomination.

Are you an office lady or something? It runs Emacs fine, which is all you should need.

arch took a shit so I'm downloadin it lads

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-12 00-44-51.png (685x374, 50K)

>Disco Dingleberry

GNOME - make your gayming 'rig' feel like you're using a mid-range Acer laptop from 2007 with stability about of randomly failing RAM.

Its not years out of date

Looking forward to 20.04 LTS : Fucking Faget

ok I chuckled

It's good but i don't like the widget system, but it's the what if "Ubuntu was better" for me

use debian

To anyone in this thread: Is KDE Neon decent enough?

>not years out of date
>Still have whatever I want running as smooth as possible and even new applications running much better here than on other and newer distros
Besides, Ubuntu without LTS is a breaking mess. And Ubuntu with LTS is just as old as Debian stable packages.

No. Bug-ridden shitfest, install literally any other distro that provides up-to-date KDE.

I guess I should try with Kubuntu 19.04

Kubuntu and Neon are fine for most, but I found them slightly unstable. Arch based distros have a rock solid KDE experience for me, so keep that in mind if you're not statisfied with *ubuntu.

Kubutu sucks because its out of sync with the kde release so you will find yourself using an older version with less bug fixes while a newer version is available.

Manjaro maybe?

I think gnome looks good but the problem is that it is so fucking heavy. It's heavy to load and heavy to do stuff. I prefer KDE. KDE if heavy to load but it is way better when already loaded.

wtf where did my baby go

>gnome

Reminds me of a very old Android launcher: slow and ugly as fuck.

underrated post. 100% true.

There's 0 reason to use Ubuntu over Fedora

It's because GNOME is worse, had they replaced it with a custom version of KDE with most of Unity features people wouldn't complain that much. And yes, you can always install Kubuntu or KDE Neon, but people who updated from 16.04 to 18.04 (like me) got pissed when they saw how much vertical space is wasted in GNOME. You can still use Unity in 18.04, but the global menu is fucked up in some programs.

using it now
pretty comfy overall
i really don't get why ya'll gotta shit on ubuntu so much

it looks nicer
that's 1

>And Ubuntu with LTS is just as old as Debian stable packages.
LOL no it's not. Stop saying stupid shit like this.
Firefox on Debian stable is at version what? 52 or 60?
On Ubuntu LTS it's at 66, the last version available. Just as an example.
Also, Debian stable is stuck at Plasma version 5.8. Top kek.

I use Ubuntu Mate or Mint Mate and don't care about your faggotory onions. Fuck this modern crap ui's

Not LTS, don't care.

>Mate
>not XFCE
Fag.

Cope

>sort > modified
what i want is usually on top already selected
or type to search if i know part of the name
need pic? use fm
in reality it's a non issue

I've thumbnails in my file picker, but almost never use it. I always drag the file I want into the browser. I don't see why you'd do otherwise, unless the site refuses to work that way.

>I don't use it, so noone else needs it!
Typical thought process of footfags.
I use file pickers frequently, specially on Jow Forums, much more practical than opening the file browser just to upload the picture of a badly drawn frog.
GTK's file picker is a fucking embarrassment to the open source world.

Tried the live env.
It was a slow piece of shit and felt almost as slow as llvmpipe. It reinforced my believe that gnome is uncontested garbage that needs to be put into the

>>I don't use it
i DO use it - that's what i wrote first
can you not auto repeat like a mindless robot
use your file manager --- it's literally much better - it's customisable and shit is where you're used to seeing it

it sucks. the upgrade reinstalled things that i had removed. apparently the login window is not lightdm anymore so idk what i should remove this time and lots of other packages that i had removed got reinstalled. but a good thin is that it got so annoying that i finally switched the last computer that runs it to a better distro.

Eating away at my soul

How do you retards manage to break arch? All of my breakages have been because on me insisting to use infinality packages instead of the mainline ones, and those are easy fixes.