bhi.fas.harvard.edu/our-people
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not very why

apparently 800,000 of those 850,000 lines were just data not actual code

Link to repo

Code can be written by multiple people

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/886b07b8a00d142b23a70537511c79bef85e0042
There's 524k LoC.
Also I really hope people don't believe that one person wrote 95% of the code for the project, not to say that he did nothing of course but the majority of his LoC were data.

its in credible

anus redible

credible how? yes he was the most significant person, yes she got all the credit and a coordinated media campaign to pump her up for "women in stem" and yes reddit and other faggots upvoted the shit out of everything about her and insulted people who said any different. but all those lines are not just code.

What's the difference between a construction worker and engineer?
What's the difference between a programmer and software engineer?

Attached: fd1e4baec39671a33acc42db7f0c4610_original.png (271x345, 96K)

Attached: 1554959956098.png (1769x1071, 254K)

Attached: 1554955833248.png (630x686, 101K)

I just wrote script to check who is behind which line of code and this are the results. So he made "only" 70% of the programming work.
Really dont know why I did this...

Attached: incle.png (470x77, 4K)

>journalists aren't credible
Who could have guessed

Is this real? What the fuck is wrong with the world

discounting all the lines of data, he still wrote more than katie, by hundreds of thousands of lines

A Jew Jewing another Jew?
Quite credible.

So what, the image is so shitty (((they))) are trying to put a feminist spin on the story?

who the FUCK writes almost 1 million lines of code on his own to produce 1 image?!?!?

>celebrating the code monkey

make a new thread and publish your findings in a more detailed manner and how it works

It’s just a bunch of braindead social media drones and other nobodies bikeshedding politics because they’re to ignorant to appreciate the actual research. On both sides.

>.py

Attached: _MmA2jBP.jpg (740x604, 49K)

Fuck this clown world

Attached: 1555020958835 (1).png (877x448, 352K)

The actual academic research is about as interesting as gravel on the side of a highway interstate - to astronomers, physicists and even geologists.

women are the future
why havent you taken the trannypill yet?

It's not. Go look at the repo. His "lines of code" was uploading data.

he would write nothing if there was no katie.

could be
she was a designer / application architect
he was a code monkey - converted design into code

Andrew got a fellowship with NASA.
Don't act like he isn't doing well.

And by the looks of it, is letting the female take all the credit just so the lab can get the jewgrants.

the entire thing is a pile of retarded shit that will at best generate a new PBS special (doubtful), but he's more responsible for its creation than that jewess is. whole thing is a fabricated media op.

best post

hi /pol
now fuck off

Attached: pol btfo again.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>if it's true, it must be Jow Forums

extreeeeeeemely telling, you pussy.

M87 is a pretty fascinating galaxy and any new insight into the environment there is definitely more interesting than some nobody’s cookie cutter edgy opinion on women in tech re-iterated for the 50th time this week. I’m sorry you don’t appreciate it because it doesn’t make your video games go fast.

Regardless, you only served to underscore just how fucking dumb this is to bother caring about.

>it’s true because i said the jew word!
no

nice
but bullshitmedia will only give attention to the female as if shes the only one who did it

well that's not what i meant and you know it.

>it's wrong because you said the jew word!

that's what you actually did mean.

Attached: 1550000182496.gif (500x396, 2M)

Fortunately, I, an iron worker; am here to answer your asinine question.
The difference is that the construction worker gets down to the nitty gritty solves the problems that "Made sense on paper" and figures out the blueprint to ultimately create the integral parts, if not the entire construct; that makes up the finished project.
The engineer sharpens his pencil, bitches about bolt sizes and drinks coffee with the project super.

have you been asleep? massmedia is nothing but lies

wrong, its very credible

very, very wrong

nah it’s wrong because your “fact” is just an opinion rooted in emotion and ignorance, you’re basically a woman

>"nah it’s wrong because your “fact” is just an opinion rooted in emotion and ignorance, you’re basically a woman"

which is why you're going on about me instead of the statement i made right XDDDDDDDD gg

Attached: 1553631139537.png (1318x1333, 679K)

The most cited M87 article was over 20 years ago and has less than 200 citations, and that had HST data, those things usually get twice the citiations than land based telescopes.

>Thinking anyone writes 800k loc for a data science research project
>Thinking you can measure contribution in this subject by any kind of code contribution to this imaging tool alone
They were both part of imaging subteams, and both had a relevant role, no one on this board knows better than the people who claimed she had a major contribution to her part of the project, so there's nothing much to discuss, pointing at lines of code on a github where the automatically generated models make up the vast majority of the submissions is about as retarded as it gets. (hint the hard part about getting good results in computer vision isn't the coding bit)

And neither of them are programmers

Indeed, you get upset about something you don't understand is pretty fucked up

>he's fat
Astute counter-argument.

Jow Forums BTFO once again. Must be a day of the week that ends in y.

I thought that liberals were against "fat-shaming", and also canned insults against people's sexuality. Apparently "you're unattractive" is a rebuttal though.

>pol/ BTFO
Jow Forums does that to itself, consistently.

In my experience, the construction worker also fucks up things that work perfectly well both on paper and in real life, only because he couldn't see beyond his one small job and understand how it's part of an interconnected system. So he "fixes" a problem that never existed, and ends up causing more problems. The engineer then gets angry calls from site because nothing works, freaks out and goes to document control, only to figure out neither the engineer nor document control fucked up, just another workie.

These are some crappy commit messages. I write more detail for projects no one sees but myself. The absolute state of millennials

"It's for the why, not the how"

I'd be lying if I said that I was much better than that anyways.

I was wondering why this guy was being shilled here left and right.
So I checked, and now I know why,

Attached: b-but muh c-code.png (981x722, 262K)

That doesn't change anything even if it was true. The engineer works with the theory and implementation of said theory. The people who construct the plan in real life are the people who build it.
Programmers build the software that a software engineer designed.

she is the brains behind the paper, she designed the algorithm. Her legion of code-monkey boys did the boring work of writing it up for her. Most of Chael's "code" is just data commited to the repo like any idiot code-monkey would do.

Attached: 1555026554739.png (1007x526, 107K)

She used someone else's algorithm, retardo.

Attached: shhy0jzoshr21.jpg (960x959, 165K)

>Believing click bait
Everybody can read the actual EHT and Harvard press release.
The feat took 10 YEARS, and dozens of grad students, researchers, mainly out of Harvard.
EHT had 4 different teams all working simultaneously on this, there is no one girl or guy who can take the credit, more like 100 people.

Stop believing the media, always go to the source and read that first.

I want to kiss her on the nose

He's a code monkey who is posting on Jow Forums

the japs made the algorithm

>dozens of researchers work on same project
>all credit goes to one long nosed lass
how would you react

Attached: 34565466c.jpg (1024x595, 184K)

twitter.com/SaraIssaoun/status/1116304522660519936

There are more of us. Katie's algorithm, despite the media's stance, was not used to produce this image. There were three algorithms used and combined to form the final image, and a team of 40 scientists part of that aspect of the project (including myself and more women).

Katie was one of the leads of this aspect of the project, together with four other people, here are their names: Andrew Chael, Kazunori Akiyama, Michael D. Johnson and Jose L. Gomez. This is a group effort, there is no one person who made this happen.

nah

Einstein also made the nuke solo too

Jews are just that good

Pro Tip: You can't trust reddit with anything.

>tfw genuine curiosity turns into skepticism about hidden agendas
reddits always good for something

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-132852_Sync_Pro.png (1080x2160, 262K)

The Other guy Kazu Akiyama
github.com/kazuakiyama
kazuakiyama.github.io/
github.com/astrosmili/smili/graphs/contributors
He code Astrosmili one of two software to build blackhole photo.

70% is hardly 850,000/900,000

In my job it's my responsibility to be the intermediary between the installers and the designers. I'll say 99% of the time just follow the fucking design and don't complain. But occasionally there are design mistakes and if the installer doesn't correct them, then the designers complain why didn't he realize it because of "common sense."
You can't have someone who both follows design to the letter like a drone, and also thinks for himself.

Attached: Screenshot_20190412-031108_Twitter_1.png (586x422, 312K)

>Hey guys, I see on the schedule next week I'm supposed to install 1000 ft of piping from Point A to Point B. But physically they are only 100 ft away. Can you clarify please?
Holy shit was that so hard?

Literally nobody gives a fuck if you think. Hate to break it to you, but most people aren't even sure uf you're capable of forming a thought

love how this girl gets zero credit simply because she didn't take selfies and pass them out to the media. Note to scientists, get your head shots and hollywood bios together next time you breakthru science if you want any recognition in the peak clown world

>yfw you realize what she was really doing

Attached: jewnar lander crash.jpg (749x750, 98K)

Is this literally how every discovery actually is

Congratulations on simplifying every single issue down to a "from point A to point B." Have you even ever set foot on an installation site?

Sure boss. We'll be happy to come back in 6 months after installation and fix the obvious design errors for you. We actually do have a team dedicated for just that purpose.

Your face when this female realized that this lack of social media presence could be the difference between getting a professorship or not much less Television Interviews or even a Netflix show and she now regrets she didn't become a social media star as well.

And funny enough, none of the males bothered with social media as well.

The Japanese guys had zero online presence unless they are sticking with Japan only social media sites.

by your logic black people have literally never built anything and the history of the enslaved can be completely ignored :^)

Because of the media, people only remember Caltech, MIT, and Harvard.

There were more than 70 colleges from all over the world but the world will only remember Caltech, MIT, and Harvard.

The Caltech, MIT, and Harvard PR team were too damn strong.

Pretty sure black people built Mali. Why are you parading your blatant ignorance of history around as if it's something to be proud of?

Attached: fd1e4baec39671a33acc42db7f0c4610_original.jpg (271x345, 68K)

Who cares? Fuck both of them. Pretend bullshit that isn't relevant outside of stroking the human ego.

>look what we accomplished
>but what good is it?
>stfu and preciate nasa fag!

Attached: free.jpg (600x857, 85K)

I was very clearly referencing american history, but if you wish to merely pretend to be retarded to deflect then by all means it'll be our secret.

Can't we just retire all journalists and get new ones? The current ones are rotten.

nytimes.com/2019/04/11/science/katie-bouman-black-hole.html

>Actually defending this
user, let's face it: she is a bitch for taking the glory of this

complete nigger bullshit

#1) 438539 MB of data used in this picture -- bullshit, that not how 'pictures' work.

#2) Most all space imagery is radio-telescopes NOT optical telescope. Radio waves do not make pictures. Fuck modern facebook science,.

Attached: 1538194905264.jpg (645x619, 59K)

in this episode: /x/ bikesheds the definition of photography

Attached: 1543394554361.jpg (945x835, 46K)

Are you fat or something?

Attached: Unbenannt.png (214x216, 117K)

>macfag
Trash

I'm an engineer and I love it when we have good contractors who propose alternate solutions that work. They're the ones who see the full picture. Sometimes other trades are design-build so we don't see how their shit interacts with the part we design. The key is that they propose it to us for review and don't just do it just in case it's wrong though.

Hilarious nobody wants to interview any of the head honchos including some of the female head honchos.

Look at the Our People webpage and this is just for Harvard University.

bhi.fas.harvard.edu/our-people

So she's basically an engineer/designer and the other one a codemonkey

Sad!

>muh muh algo-rhytheme tho
>muh muh fake news

Attached: Radio+Astronomy+Optical+vs.+Radio+view+of+Saturn..jpg (960x720, 84K)

>by your logic black people have literally never built anything
But they haven't
>and the history of the enslaved can be completely ignored :^)
But it can be

Attached: 1420317583770.jpg (723x583, 100K)

100 universities and organizarion project.
Leaders: 2 whites male and an Asian male.
Katie has worked hard and the project would be slower without her.
But fact is literally Katie is replacable. She is not at all important compare to other contributions. Without these there would be nothing for Katie to do.

Andrew and Kazu Akiyama build system for black hole

Attached: 24A02219-115C-499E-BFE3-6F6E92CDF85A.png (759x335, 84K)

Black people LITERALLY never created anything in America.

part II: unable to finish constructing the aforementioned shed /x/ rambles incoherently

Attached: 1545365431937.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

>feminists and politicians thirsting over a third tier contributor
not surprised

Google American inventors and prepare to be triggered.

Attached: Iv+started+to+see+this+bitches+face+pop+up+everywhere+_5f2c3e8276bfd665a4255e621cfdf8dc.jpg (200x200, 5K)