Have you tried Ghidra, the reverse engineering tool made by the NSA? It was released as open source last week

Have you tried Ghidra, the reverse engineering tool made by the NSA? It was released as open source last week.

github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra

Attached: ghidra.png (606x497, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sv8yu12y5zM
youtube.com/watch?v=4urMITJKQQs
gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2
gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for people on a budget it's great since hexrays is expensive, but most people just pirate binary ninja or ida pro. radare is ok, but ida pro is the gold standard for a reason.

Have they fixed the mouse lag or is that unfixable due to java?

Dude why is the NSA shilling this software on to us so hard. I swear I see this thread multiple times a day.

I heard that Ghidra has a better binary->C decompiler engine. Is this true?

I used it cause I couldn't find a working binary ninja torrent, and I'd say its about on par with Radare2

Now that's real weird. I could've sworn the lights were off but there's a distinct glow in here.

Attached: 1554145824126.jpg (852x1024, 123K)

NSA are the good guys trying to keep CIA in check.

Weren't NSA the ones tapping the phone lines?

Yeah, but it was to keep you safe.

and the CIA were the suspected terrorists

I used it and boy is it lightyears ahead of ida. The amount of time to launch it, and perform initial analysis is at least 3 times as fast as ida.

>on a budget
>NSA

Attached: 1554287106054.jpg (432x280, 52K)

At least it has a fucking undo function.

it's free and ida pro with hexrays is $3500? i didn't say it was free to develop it, stupid.

wanacry analyzed using ghidra
youtu.be/Sv8yu12y5zM

Do you know anyone who's actually bought IDA? Never met a person who uses it and actually paid for it.

alright this is actually pretty fucking cool
youtube.com/watch?v=4urMITJKQQs

Thank you NSA

>it was released as open source
Actually, it was released under the Apache licensed, which is approved by the FSF as "free software".
gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2
By the way, please stop saying "open source".
gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.en.html

>but ida pro is the gold standard for a reason
Because it was all there was, you dingus.

Cos you will be able to use it to open the insurance files

I will be disappointed if it's not featured in Mr.Robot with him rolling his eyes dramatically at the idea.

Fuck off.

>java
> apple extends fruit extends food extends object extends molecule extends atom extends proton

It's actually legit, all it's missing is runtime debugging but it's fantastic for static debugging.

implying that there are anyone on this board who actually know what to do with it.

Fucking this. For the longest time there wasn't any other options worth a fuck so reversers had to use what was available and that was pretty much the only way they knew how to do anything, so when better tools became available, they didn't bother learning a new way to do the same shit, and no one new would use anything else because all of the tutorials were for ida pro

No, you. It's not enough for the code to simply be "open". The freedom for the user to legally do what they want is important. Otherwise this would be a another blatantly obvious NSA honeypot.

Yeah this guy is amazing, I hope he uploads more

On github, some guy said that live debugging tools are coming.

The search function is extremely lame.

Well, I'm sure you'll write a better one and submit the pull request.

Do you think this was mostly a PR stunt by the NSA? People who do serious reverse engineering are the kind of people NSA wants to hire, but it's difficult if they loathe everything your institution stands for.