Why can't you just drag and drop files between a computer and an iphone?

Why can't you just drag and drop files between a computer and an iphone?

Attached: Charging-iPhone-iPhone-Connected-to-Laptop.jpg (960x615, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qzAXbtw0S0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can in some circumstances. I have foobar2000 installed on my iphone and the app creates a folder that you can put music on from any computer, whether it has itunes or not. When I plug my iPhone into my Ubuntu laptop, it shows up as a folder and I can trust drag music on/off. Pretty comfy setup.

Think differentâ„¢

Attached: 1554677195985.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

>middle aged, non-tech savvy neighbor asks for my help in getting videos from her iphone to a USB drive
>say sure, it'll probably be really easy
>connect her iphone to my thinkpad
>can't access the files on her iphone
>can't use the usual "share" function you see on android that would let you transfer files any way you want
>download and install itunes on my laptop because I remember hearing that you need itunes to transfer files between an iphone and a computer
>itunes doesn't work because the videos are saved in the notes app, not the usual gallery
>ask her for her macbook because apple products "work well together"
>airdrop fails repeatedly
>make sure both macbook and iphone are connected to wifi
>airdrop keeps failing
>google various permutations of "transfer notes app videos iphone mac" to no avail
>eventually figured out that I need to enable icloud on her iphone notes app, save the note with the videos to icloud, enable icloud on the mac notes app, wait for files to sync
and on top of that
>double clicking on a video in the mac file explorer plays the video IN THE ICON
>need to right click video files to make them play in quicktime

IT JUST WORKS

>Why can't you just drag and drop files between a computer and an iphone?
You seriously can't?
youtu.be/qzAXbtw0S0U
Well, you can, but God... Through iTunes... You also have to transfer music to iTunes first and then to your phone.
I remember using it once to transfer files from an old iPhone to a PC and nothing has ever made me want to deepthroat a shotgun more than using iTunes for that. I don't remember how I actually did it in the end.

What's a computer?
What's a file?

I just can't believe Apple retards think this convoluted mess of performing simple tasks is reasonable.

What's a computer?

It's a really good thing Apple is taking steps to eliminate iTunes. Most people who have an iPhone have never even opened iTunes.
You can just AirDrop files back and forth now.

Becurse of yur finker

Airdrop didn't work in this case and I have no idea why.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1554213447288.gif (540x540, 279K)

Just set up an FTP server on your computer and use the Documents app on your iPhone to connect to it and view files and shit

Based Satania poster.

you can.

you literally can't

Because your cursor wont go past the edge of your screen

Because iPhone doesn't run on Android.

Why does NOBODY mention the best thing about KDE

KDE Connect

Because everything has the equivalent of it. Even Windows.

But are those equivalents FOSS?

who gives a fuck