Linux will never be a thing until developers stop thinking users are an optional todo feature

Linux will never be a thing until developers stop thinking users are an optional todo feature.

Attached: 1554900138746.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

But they are.

Linux will never be a thing because it doesn't need to be fixed. It's already great. Keep your normie hands off of it.

But Linus tech tips makes it clear that any kernel changes should not break userspace. Users ARE a priority.

Linux will never be a thing because it's an eldritch abomination who's many deeply seated flaws can't be fixed without starting over from scratch.

Linux will never be a thing until it.s mire than a kernel used in operating systems.

how pithy

>Linux will never be a thing until...
Until it runs 70% of phones and 99% of websites?

Attached: rms.png (128x128, 34K)

>phones
Aiming high I see

Attached: 1554520314897.jpg (259x194, 12K)

>hurr durr I will just on purpose act like a complete retard and not address the core of the problem cause no one will notice oh no I shit in my pants again

Attached: 1549090394646.jpg (1080x1080, 148K)

Sadly, while UNIX(likes) may be lacking in users, they are perfect viruses. They are unkillable, unstoppable and will make you sick

what problem? that companies don't make games for it because children are all on windows?

>popular means good

>hurr durr muh gaymen
Have a look at "Major Linux Problems
on the Desktop, 2019 edition" which I can't link due to retarded spam filters but you can find it with a 2 second search.
But since I know you won't bother anyways cause it doesn't fit your worldview I will just give you the biggest problems.
>X system is fucked beyond repair
>The way sound is implemented is fucked even worse than X is
>No such thing as group policies
>A documented history of sweeping security problems and bugs under the rug or ignoring them altogether (this is just specific to the Kernel but other projects have done the same)
>Open and closed source video drivers suck ass, the open source ones are much worse than the closed ones and the closed ones are already fucking horrid
>Supports CPUs not produced in literally decades but still struggles to support new hardware or even just fucking printers or wifi cards, touchpads on some laptops, webcams and so on
>15 years and older actually quite important bugs still not fucking fixed

this 100%
Stop trying to popularise linux you fucking normies. It's already at the tipping point of becoming normified as fuck and things are only getting worse as time goes on.

why should I care? it has all the software I need and all my hardware is supported. I've been using it for the past 6 years and since then it has become so fucking accessible for normalfags that it's actually scary. I'm sure you can't back up your claim at all

Taking the bait
>X system is fucked beyond repair
and Wayland is in the works (admittedly very early to be used consistently) to mitigate this. But how is X.org broken exactly? Works fine if you have your drivers in check.
>The way sound is implemented is fucked even worse than X is
Pulseaudio and ALSA work ootb, unless you want to use JACK or something its all perfectly adequate.
>A documented history of ....
Yes, but this pertains to SystemD and GNOME in most cases and if you dont substantiate your claims with actual security or privacy concerns that have been set as a wontfix in the kernel I have no reason to believe you.
>Open and closed source video drivers suck ...
Get good at reading? No less than a few seconds of configuration will give you ideal results, but thats too much of your precious time eh?
>Supports CPUs ... struggles to support new hardware or wifi...
Have you considered the core target audience of the kernel? Its not laptop users or people who frequently use webcams, i personally haven't had a single issue with these components aside from my BCM 43142 which has gay network signal across most distros.
>15 years and older actually quite important bugs still not fixed
Post them?

>Linux will never be a thing
Linux is a thing. Linux on the desktop won't be a thing until developers start caring about user experience.

this and also unironically

This is a Linux thread not 'gnoo'. Stop posting that filthy fat pedo kike here.

It is literally the most used kernel in the world, you retarded dogfag.

I'm bouta break this shit down. Normal fags never understand the mechanism of opensource improvement: devs extending shit to fit their own needs. Luck + careful maintainers MAY result in something that is sane enough to continue developing. Trying to compromise and design things for normalfags literally always results in the mechanics being irreparable for further development.

>spending time reading rants
>not spending any time actually trying it yourself to see it wasn't true
You sound like an intellectual, wanna join my pyramid scheme? I promise it will make tons of money, you don't need to see any proof.

Attached: 1539812810403.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

I, too, prefer products that I not cost money, but the creators think of the users as cattle to be milked.