Daily reminder to use only libre, open source software and hardware

Daily reminder to use only libre, open source software and hardware.

Attached: chadluke.png (1002x594, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=2136212
github.com/siavash119/qtchan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>DUDE DITCH YOUR PHONE IF YOU CARE ABOUR FREEDOM LOL
>Records his faggy vlogs on his phone
>Posts all of this content to a platform owned by FUCKING GOOGLE
>Main laptop is a x230 which is pozzed with ME and Arch using systemdicks
I don’t think he actually gives a shit about libre software so he should actually fucking stop

stop posting this zoomer already

X220, and he uses libreboot afaik

X220 can’t use libreboot you fucking mong

luke is such a pretentious loser
he likes to pretend that he's a down-to-earth, no-nonsense guy
and then he starts spouting off about shit he really doesn't know anything about
he's just trying to make Jow Forumstards look up to him so that he feels like he's worth something
which clearly shows when he conducts livestreams where he just talks about himself and interjects Jow Forums memes every five minutes
he tries to sound smart by talking about stuff in an abstract manner, but he always ends up talking about the exact same thing:
bloated software
and then he always gives the same examples of bloat=bad
"one time, this guy did [simple but somewhat obscure task] using [convenient, versatile method] instead of [occult, specific method]. i'm of course too smart to do that even though i've never written non-trivial software in my life"
"let me remind you guys that when i write software i realize that i can do bad things to the computers xd"
of course, luke knows the exact formula to captivate nu/g/, so here he is with a following of 40k
he seems like he would be so obnoxious in real life. he speaks in memes and hates people who do the same

x220s are only corebootable

Is there a name for these kind of people who like to spout things they know little or are wrong about in attempt to come off as smart? This guy is even worse than Varg whom he looks up to.

*coreboot

Come on goys, he needs his #Yangbucks to keep making Linux videos

Bombastic?

>let me tell you about freedom while I post this video on youtube

Well he did say he used free software because it worked better than proprietary software, not because he wanted to go full Stallman.

Charlatan

such as patreon?

he's gonna get a phd soon, what are you doing that makes you so much smarter? writing fizzbuzz again?

I use Emacs, fuck Luke.

yes, fuck Luke. The TechLead is taking this thread hostage.

Drink coffee
use Mac
make shit apps for normies and get rich
live with your parents

Luke is pretty much a slightly based Hillary Clinton

based techlead

that video sucked
he didn't even really answer the guys question
just deferred to the same pro-foss exposition tier arguments everyones heard a billion times
also he said "assumptive", laughed nervously and quickly corrected himself- "assumptuitive"
(the word is presumptuous)
he wasn't right about what he was saying there either, we know the nvidia driver isn't sending keystrokes to nvidia hq because you can monitor your fucking network to see if anything is getting sent to nvidia hq
data collection is done by windows because it's a "feature" that things sometimes get sent to microsoft, and of course things like discord do it because you're always sending things to them.
but yeah, you can be absolutely certain the nvidia driver doesn't send keystrokes to nvidia hq.
im banned from his fucking channel so i cant even comment this there

>im banned from his fucking channel so i cant even comment this there
luke absolutely butt blasted

Remember when he actually made videos about software, and not just weird rants.

Attached: LukeTrap.png (986x1078, 701K)

Nah, there's already too many cancerous channels that are doing distro/window manager/random ass command line utility reviews

ah, yes, im sure his knowledge of the lexicosemantic differences between regional dialects of ancient akkadian gives him authority in talking about the functionality of proprietary blobs in the linux kernel.

ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=2136212
>You're really better off not going to discussion. The class is easy enough as is, so there's no point. Luke Smith openly disrespects other instructors, he does not care about the course, and his attitude is off-putting at best. However, probably the best TA if all you want is an easy grade and can put up with him.

>Luke Smith openly disrespects other instructors
based

>systemdicks
Free.
>Arch
Didn't he switch to Parabola?
>>DUDE DITCH YOUR PHONE IF YOU CARE ABOUR FREEDOM LOL
>>Records his faggy vlogs on his phone
Did you know that doctors are very likely to smoke due to all the stress they get from their job? It still doesn't prevent them from telling you that cigarettes are bad.
He knows it's anti-freedom, but he doesn't have enough self control to stop.
>>Posts all of this content to a platform owned by FUCKING GOOGLE
Reaches a higher audience, which is good. Most people on alternative services already value their freedoms.

Unless you eat shit off of your foot or step in front of a train, Jow Forums is gonna call you a faggot I guess.

>Free.
NSA backdoors.
>Didn't he switch to Parabola?
Not on his X220 or desktop.

>NSA backdoors.
No proof.

t. pottering

>open source
>using Jow Forums
dude, you probably cant even figure out how to actually be anonymous on Jow Forums because of the datamining bullshit that jap cuck is doing.

Attached: 2211bd5e41ee769cc5fac87f3613904c6faf7cb17d5d8116a7e7c0f62669a458.png (581x434, 52K)

he got fired from his carpenter job for refusing to operate the machinery because they were "proprietary"

Just use qtchan. It's a free and open source Jow Forums client.
github.com/siavash119/qtchan
There's some VPNs and proxies that still work on here, but I won't name them for obvious reasons.

Attached: heart.png (128x127, 27K)

personally I'm looking forward to the day everything google and and microsoft and anyone else has ever datamined either directly or indirectly showing up in some publically accessable database, and there's just petabytes and petabytes of almost literally everyone's blank faces while they look at their phones, text and voice log of every single private conversation, all their bad habits, all the dirty parts of their character, completely exposed. It will cause a massive shift in perceptions of morality and will completely force everyone to be extremely forgiving

he also was too slow at his job, saying that a hammer, nails, and elbow grease were the "suckless" tools he only needed and everything was bloated and not "minimalist"

yeah, i completely disabled caches, everything google related and set up a bridge and a proxy. never touched qtchan though, never heard of it until just now, will try it out though. itll add another layer to my paranoid anonymizing

lol really?

uh, well i cant install it the lazy way. the aur package is fucked
$ yay -S qtchan
:: Checking for conflicts...
:: Checking for inner conflicts...
[Aur: 1] qtchan-master-1

1 qtchan (Build Files Exist)
==> Packages to cleanBuild?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==>
:: PKGBUILD up to date, Skipping (1/1): qtchan
1 qtchan (Build Files Exist)
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==> Diffs to show?
==>
:: Parsing SRCINFO (1/1): qtchan
==> Making package: qtchan master-1 (Fri 12 Apr 2019 12:19:07 AM MDT)
==> Retrieving sources...
-> Found qtchan
==> ERROR: Integrity checks are missing for: source
Error downloading sources: qtchan

Then just compile it normally. It isn't substantially more difficult.

i know, i just like being lazy

Try "yay -S --skipinteg qtchan

didnt give me anything of use, said it was an invalid argument. got it built though, but this captcha is confusing.

It's meant for a numpad, not a mouse.

Attached: Numpad.svg.png (834x1024, 96K)

yeah, i got that, i dont have a conventional numpad though, one of those ones where it takes up half of the alphaneumeric part of the board and you hold a numlock key while pressing the number/letter key that corresponds to the numpad equivalent.

who even needs integrity checking
there must be some option to skip that
what if I have a laptop

>what if i have a laptop
my point exactly

Not gonna stop, I'm enjoying the money from Jow Forums Thanks youtube

Sorry, but I won't do it because I'm not a starving comunist.

would u coreboot a 220 or libreboot a 200? c'mon user be completely honest

lmao imagine defending some arab shitskin

nice proof.
I hate systemd now!

Daily reminder to not take advice from some amateur freetard without any real experience in IT
His only computer-related skill is writing bash scripts

I love Luke.

he is not even a freetard, literally sells himself on the patreon.

free as in freedom not free beer