Do we really need 4 cores at 3 ghz and 16gb of ram for basic personal computer productivity?

Do we really need 4 cores at 3 ghz and 16gb of ram for basic personal computer productivity?

Attached: pigeon vs lego.jpg (750x523, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toptal.com/designers/ux/ux-trends-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

define basic personal computer productivity. pure desktop work? no, we don't

no but it's convenient

I do. In fact, going up to 32 gigs of ram and 8 cores pushing 4.5 ghz would increase my productivity significantly for what I do with it.

But what about you? Well, that sort of computing power is wasted on you. That much is obvious from the way you posed the question.

Attached: 1393808619802.jpg (604x378, 46K)

no we need 16 at 4ghz and 16gb of ram. go threadripper or go home

Back in the day 16 gb was a whole hardrive.

look at mister rich kid. back then i only had 8gb

>for basic personal computer productivity
no, just like we don't need cars with more than 3 cylinders, over 70hp, and a gigantic body.

>for what I do with it.

t.

Attached: 2017-04-19_22.10.35_1510800474.jpg (1920x1017, 663K)

I do. I use Blender and Substance Painter a lot.

Then again I have a Threadripper, 1080Ti, and 64GB.

Yes we do

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x900, 271K)

yupp, 8 GB on this tiny laptop I have means it can't do much, have to teamviewer back home half the time to do my stuff
starting to wish I was smart enough to fix my 64 GB machine but I can't figure out why he doesn't work

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20190411223643.png (1920x1080, 824K)

My work computer is very nice. And totally overkill for what I do on it.

Attached: overkill.png (505x265, 14K)

Proof

Attached: file.png (963x706, 83K)

basic word processing, web browsing, and looking at pictures with some small software? dual C2D could get away with that these days still, and do. Really the only thing pressing on desktops that old is GPU performance being backed into many apps causing them to be ass on the cpu

I don't mean to suggest you were being dishonest but how does a task manager screenshot prove you are in possession of such a system?
This only proves you have access to a task manager screenshot!

Attached: richard stallman arrested.webm (1920x1080, 1.73M)

4k video playback

I just figured out why MS is getting rid of snipping tool.

Notifications interrupt it.

Attached: file.png (1785x816, 320K)

Yeah again a 7770 AMD could do that, and if you're on a system that old probably not doing that. Other cards could do that that are PCI-E powered only now of days

still not accusing, just saying that's still not proof. Just adjust your wording in the future please.

Are you seriously using 5 gigs of ram with steam open and 3 tabs? Deepin is a bloated POS

Attached: bloat.png (2560x1440, 966K)

yeah I wish this computer had more but it's soldered on

I'm running 8 gigs too and a similar load with 2gb usage.

and your top looks like trash

just use a tripcode already so we can filter you dumb opinions

No, baseddevs and compsci 101 python programmers are either just too retarded or simply not taught how to efficiently write code. With several GHz multi-core processors and gigs upon gigs of ram most software developers just throw hardware at their poorly written software and expect it to work. Run several hundred of these really poorly written scripts at one time and you get what we have now, computers with basically unlimited processing speed and memory which run worse than they did in 1998

no u

>use tripcode, told to stop using
>don't use one, told to use one
>post as anonymous, people still know it's me anyway
There's just no pleasing some people, not that I care to please you anyway.

>1950X
>Virtualization: Disabled
Just stop user..

Attached: Taskmgr_2019-04-12_00-23-44.png (853x733, 50K)

If I ain't mistaken it has to be disabled for Hyper-V to work correctly. Like it's probably enabled, just disabled for anything that isn't Hyper-V

I feel foolish for buying an 8700k, and 32gb ram, just for browsing Jow Forums, watching YouTube videos, and playing mid 2000's games. I don't think my ram usage has ever went over 12gb.

Attached: 12325643645.png (817x443, 34K)

If you want to load that JavaScript (((enhanced))) website you most certainly do

If virtualization is disabled, SVM is disabled in BIOS.
I dont have any issues with HyperV with SVM on.

what?

naw, havent you heard?

"640 kilohertz is enough for everybody"

>using geforce experience
>that setup
Youre either a rich autistic kid or an autistic adult.

Yes because of people like these:
toptal.com/designers/ux/ux-trends-2018

How did you get 4GHz RAM? Liquid helium?