So the only reason to install Arch Linux is so you can go into every single thread and mention the fact that you use...

So the only reason to install Arch Linux is so you can go into every single thread and mention the fact that you use Arch Linux and never shutting the fuck up about using Arch Linux. Am I right?

Attached: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (1024x1024, 60K)

I install it because the aur is great and I prefer to type pacman rather than apt or yum

It's a rather minimal yet just werking system that makes for a good base to throw your rice on. It also has a cool fatman logo that makes you a better human being in desktop treads. I use arch btw

pic related

Attached: cap.png (1366x768, 186K)

Arch is garbage and has no purpose.

If you want customisation go gentoo. Arch offers the same level of customisation as ubuntu but with a needlesly complicated install process.

>If you want customisation go gentoo
That's overkill, I don't need to customize how the fucking program is compiled and waste time compiling on my ChinkPad

>needlesly complicated install process
My ass, anyone with half a brain can do it in 15-20 minutes, hell I wrote a script to automate it in case I need to do a reinstall at some point

Attached: 1553445544517.png (1920x1080, 406K)

yes!

Attached: arglinugs.png (512x512, 51K)

I installed it to learn more about Linux. Even though people may claim otherwise, it teaches a lot about different ways of package management and configuration of a system.

I stayed because I liked it. I stopped using it because most of the things I do didn't work on it. I just use RHEL at work now.

Ubuntu minimal install takes like 5 minutes and gets you to the exact same point as Arch install does. There is no need for it except to feel like "le ebin hackerman", unlike in Gentoo where the install makes sense since you can make many choices from init system to cpu-arch and everything else.

>the only reason to install Arch Linux is so you can go into every single thread and mention the fact that you use Arch Linux
This is literally why I use arch.

That's where the other distro differences come in that are preferences, I fucking hate apt, but I like pacman, I love the aur, etc

It's down to preference, no one's forcing Arch down your throat, or are you just jealous of our beautiful logo? fuck off

Attached: 106EDB33-F83B-4817-AAF4-512AE7AF141E.jpg (383x400, 19K)

retard.
>hurr muh packages manager
>hurrrr muh insecure piece of shit USER scripts that I copy paste without reading
that's no fucking reason or something to have a saying on.
If anything portage and dnf are different, but apt is literally pacman with different syntax, script kiddoretard.
Release policies and ease of customixation is what should get you into the distro

But have you actually installed it and used it?

simple install, simple set up, simple customization. arch just gives me fewer hassles than other distros.

i use arch btw

Using Arch made me stop my nihilistic distro hopping. I had certain issues with my setup on n00buntu/Debian based distros. Arch doesn't have these problems for some reason

Attached: 1553480556520.jpg (640x480, 293K)

I use MANJARO btw.

Attached: 1551928913869.jpg (480x640, 44K)

Dont mind me, just chad coming through
Where my /(n|gu)ix/ bros at?

Attached: nixos-logo-only-hires-1.png (1183x1024, 88K)

the desire of showing off is unbearable from archies

>gets you to the exact same point as Arch install does.
Except the part where it isn't rolling release, and has the sickly abomination PPA system instead of a handy ports clone.
>There is no need for it except to feel like "le ebin hackerman"
Install isn't much effort to me. That it makes brainlets feel like computer science pioneers is irrelevant.
>unlike in Gentoo where the install makes sense since you can make many choices from init system to cpu-arch and everything else.
At the cost of having to compile fucking everything yourself, which is a tremendous annoyance if your computer isn't very powerful, and most GNU/Linux users don't bother since they don't play games or produce media.

Step aside

Attached: lindows.png (640x480, 26K)

Do the needful sirs and provide with sauce plox

based thirsty pajeet

Not minimal

The people who complain about Arch are more vocal than actual Arch users. Really gets the noggin joggin.

They're actually neck(beard) and neck(beard).
Arch users only edge them out by creating the threads or posts, complainers reply.

Attached: 1517298708075.jpg (451x451, 18K)

They're basically copypasting NPCs.

wallpaper PLEASE

Nice projection.

well i use manjaro, before that i used fedora, mint and ubuntu (yikes!). gonna try out zorin and MX soon.

Attached: picard facepalm.jpg (1440x1080, 97K)

Arch btw

Attached: 2019-04-12-111613_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 744K)

fyi you could have found this yourself by searching cirno+pun on danbooru

Attached: 40080637_p0.jpg (1050x700, 356K)

What I find hilarious about Arch users is how they like muh open source but when you ask for a .Xresources they get all mad. Everything is open source except their own special snowflake configuration they probably copied from some post on ubuntu forums.

Please share that autismfetch script

>i3
You forgot your polybar and zsh, soya boy.

I use it because I don't have problems with repositories and dependecis like on debian and because installing packets feels faster.

nvm found it

Install Gentoo.

>minimal

Attached: 1549592974725.jpg (750x390, 93K)

I use Arch, btw

I fell for the "if you use Arch, you'll have a minimal system and learn how Linux REALLY works" meme.
That's a bad meme for a reason though, and Arch is neither minimal (on account of its packaging structure and tendency to enable all optional features) nor especially educational outside of its wiki. But I stuck with it anyways because rolling release is maximum comfy and nvidia is literally "just werks".
I claim to use Ubuntu or Fedora when posting on Jow Forums though, because that incites fewer no-effort shitposts. Seriously, if you want to shitpost put at least the bare minimum thought into it, instead of mindlessly repeating "I use arch btw" or "Mom reschedule my meetings". I've seen both of those too many times to give a shit.

Fedora is the better way/stable to run new kernels, but DNF is SO fucking slow whereas Pacman is fucking fast and has LEET NEET hacker looking interface

Your install is going to break because Manjaro team doesn't clear updates that they hold for whether or not packages need to be updated in tandem. Meaning you will encounter a fuckup where a package updates but a dependency doesn't, not because Pacman fucked up but because the updated dependency didn't exist in Manjaro repo's yet

Ubuntu minimal does not get latest Kernel. If you wanted to, for instance, use a Ryzen processor or Vega M GPU with graphics switching anytime in the past year, Ubuntu would not have been an option

I use arch these days just to not have to do giant upgrades that can fuck shit up. Plus having things up to day isn't bad. I never acted smug about it, hell I don't even rice it, I use xfce like I've always used, from the debian days till now

>simple install/simple setup/simple customization
>arch

Pick one user

Attached: 1533814792958.png (584x553, 672K)

I use arch btw

Absolutely. I use arch, btw.

one more archfag served and educated

Attached: arch-is-not-minimal.png (1169x3679, 513K)

Based Arch Developers

I installed it in hope that I will never need to reinstall linux and just keep rolling with the newest shit. Which sounded good until it fucked up the KDE desktop.

Use Void.

>unironically believing in the arch is hard and breaks meme
>having a functioning brain
pick one, if you're capable.

Arch is not minimalist. If you use arch and think you're suckless, you're wrong.

What's actually minimal then?

OpenBSD.

>apt is literally pacman with different syntax
You have no idea how wrong you are, kiddo.

yep. it's like being a vegan, recycling, and into crossfit all rolled into one.
it's the opposite of fight club.

why would i ever want to be suckless

And what's the most fight club distro?

The Fight Club distro would be the one that manipulates you to commit terrorism so you can feel special about yourself. Basically Mac OS.

>Arch btw
wew dude, imagine if this screenshot was real. Like, arch running in bare metal instead of an isolated virtual machine