What is your excuse now, Jow Forums?

What is your excuse now, Jow Forums?

Attached: macsVsPC3.jpg (620x3719, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Does-NASA-use-Apple-computers-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

XPS 15 is better

>whoa holy shit a macbook can show a bunch of plotted points!
you could do the same shit on any other laptop why is what she used such a big deal?

Macs are for CHADS

Attached: apple_trackpad.jpg (660x495, 44K)

Buying a Macbook is a bad value proposition for most individual consumers, but I think it makes sense to give them as company laptops to scientists.
It's a Unix system that's still really easy/safe to use as a non-technical person.

unsuccessful people buy stuff that people they aspire to be use

want to be good at basketball?
you need these jordans
want to be more attractive?
your idol, npc.445, wears victoria secret
want to work for nasa?
this nasa employee uses x

The actual laptop you use is irrelevant as long as you can remote into a more power computer.

show me the room of a relevant company filled with thinkpads.
> pro tip: you can't
important people don't want chinese malware pre installed in their machine you know...

>no thinkpads since 1877

Op is full of shit.

Attached: thinkpads in space.jpg (3032x2005, 2.46M)

> ancient thinkpads running Windows 95
I bet they hate those little shits

I use assus zenbook.

She looks happy.

Attached: Susan Helms.jpg (768x547, 128K)

Apple isn't amazing, the only reason for its success in place slike this really is just due to how terrible Windows 10 is. Thats it

>Windows 95

This one is running Fedora.

Attached: Fedora.jpg (1040x682, 184K)

that's because she isn't touching the chinkpads

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Windows 95, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

i have no plans to do work that will ever appear in a picture

No, no, no, no, no. Just...allow me to interject for a moment, if you would.

What you're referring to as Windows 95, is in fact, NT/Windows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NT plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning NT system made useful by the NT corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the NT system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NT which is widely used today is often called Windows, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NT system, developed by Microsoft.
There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the GUI: the program in the system that provides a visual model for the underlying system’s functionality. The GUI is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Windows is normally used in combination with the NT operating system: the whole system is basically NT with Windows added, or NT/Windows. All the so-called Windows versions are really versions of NT/Windows!

Windows 95 did not use NT.

Richard stallman has unironically done more to progress Humanity in the last 25 years than NASA has in the equivalent amount of time

Attached: clownworld1.gif (500x500, 1.18M)

NASA funding is gimped, Apple provide free systems as long as they show brand because it makes Apple look good.

>Apple provide free systems as long as they show brand
[citation required]

Well obviously it's not public knowledge you gimp, could you imagine the shitstorm? NASA would look bad for striking such a deal and potentially jeopardizing their work as a result, and Apple would lose the benefit of their deal if it was exposed to be inorganic.

For fucks sake Google

Attached: Screenshot_20190412-071152_Chrome.jpg (1920x1200, 505K)

What else would they use? Who else even sells Unix on laptops?

I'm pretty sure w95 did use the NT kernel.

>Special Weapon Effects
kek faggot

You would be wrong.

Do they? Show me.

Borderlands 2 red text effects, they don't explain that shit in-game.

That's GNU, not Unix. Do you know what GNU means? Furthermore, Ubuntu comes with no warranty or official support.

I'd use a mac too if my workplace gave me one for free.

yeah, also, the earth is flat and 9/11 was an inside job.

>using google

> Ubuntu
> Unix
the absolute state of Jow Forums

You need to read between the lines here, specifically regarding the part that references the photo.....
quora.com/Does-NASA-use-Apple-computers-1

>> fagOS
>> Unix
the absolute state of mactoddlers

Attached: 1545107165715.png (1245x852, 106K)

How is it not Unix?

What's with all the conspiracy theories about Apple? Just accept that, for scientists working for businesses, Macs are the best choice since they are POSIX compliant UNIX.

What's with all the street shitters shilling Apple? Just accept that, for scientists working for businesses, Macs are the worst choice since they aren't POSIX compliant nor UNIX.

Do you even know what POSIX and UNIX are?
Could you repeat that? Windows and GNU are irrelevant to this discussion since they are not Unix and GNU offers no support or warranty.

I'm not sure how much unix(preinstalled) is must since they already have pcs with windows/linux.

Attached: Mission Control in Houston.jpg (5760x3840, 3.1M)

Popular movies affected their algorithm

>they are not Unix

Yet nasa still buys them.

Macfags

Back to your designated shitting street Rakesh. fagOS hasn't been compliant for 90% of existence, and still isn't right this moment.

Attached: 1526403950727.png (506x927, 163K)

how

where's the Satania poster
why is he so late

He's is the other thread with the exact same title.

unironically the most based poster on neo-Jow Forums-2019

>admiring scientists
why?

Attached: 1541868689879.jpg (3024x4032, 986K)

space woman has many testosterone
>that's why she IS space woman

>Laptops are proprietary disposable shit. Macbook included.

>tfw irl rick would probably be fat with a beer gut instead of maintaining a perfect twink body into his 60s

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1522212701875.gif (500x491, 376K)

Oh, it's you, winjeet. You were already schooled on this. Both the BSDs and Linux have had the same issues with poll in the past. So I guess they aren't POSIX either, right?

THINKFAGS DESPERATELY MAKING EXCUSES

Attached: 8A793902-9D35-439A-8D7E-E6D2B460D70C.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

This is Yann LeCun, a founding father of convolutional nets

Attached: Yann_LeCun_-_2018_(cropped).jpg (1297x1490, 1.47M)

The guy trying to claim that macOS is not Unix is a known pajeet and Windows user. He displays his retardation frequently, and always resorts to spamming the same few images.

x use y so why dont you use y

imagine thinking that NASA is something more than propaganda story writing and fairy tale telling company that uses 20+ billion$ yearly to come up with relevant stories

moon landing denier?

how did the moon land if it's still in the sky

i watched an episode and got the impression he's supposed to be a drug user or a heavy alcoholic, that'd explain why he looks like a twig

t. person that supports ''scientists'' coming up with AI generated photos out of XXX billion $

he's both but being old with that amount of alcohol consumption is a good way to gain weight
i haven't met anyone over the age of 40 that could maintain a body that thin

show's kinda fun but season 3 was hot garbage though

when did I argue that thinkpads were relevant?
asswipe

Isn't he like a super scientist big brain he probably got some fucking fat extractor or something

based

>gcc is irrelevant nowadays
okay lol

>i haven't met anyone over the age of 40 that could maintain a body that thin
Obviously you haven't met many vegans then.

it doesnt count if your blood stream is 99% onions

ngl eating nothing but onions would probably do them good, seeing as it at least has a lot of protein and fat
they look like fucking auschwitz victims. I saw a video with one the other day who was whining about animals, and one of his front teeth just popped out mid sentence.

soon they will become so weak they can't even stand and will need to be fed their onions through tubes

>Buying overpriced shit
LMAO this is why Government should not be funded and given everyones tax dollars because of stupid purchases like this.

advanced stage alcoholics tend to be skinny
also, my country is among the fattest in the non-third world and we still have plenty of skinny old people
developing a gut is still very common but most people retain normal proportions apart from that

>season 3 was hot garbage though
because they hired women writers

just leaving this here

Attached: itsOver.jpg (1920x6540, 1.03M)

yeah now suck that spacebar mhmm yea

Apple: 1000 fuck ups in hardware
Hates its costumers and ass rape them every single release of every new device or software.
Planned obsolescence
Refuses to sell spare parts
Has CEO that believes hes Jesus because he bans people that disagree with him
No interest in the enterprise instead focuses on creating computers for stay at home moms, tech illiterates and preteen girls.
Only has 6-8 types/series of computers being supported at a time, takes 4-5 years to release any major changes to those models/series and still fails to make a laptop without obvious faults
Forces its users to adapt to what apple feels like is the best use for the computer
Locks down chip set to hinder people to install other OS:es than the ones Apple feels are relevant.
Garbage chargers that light houses on fire and that breaks but still costs 50% more than any other manufactures chargers
Staingate, Keyboardgate, ThrottelingGate, Bluetooth that dont get enough power when USB peripherals connected, Heating blows on glue joints, Failing screen cables since they get pinched every time you close your lid.

Lenovo:
Had a screenbleed on one model on one generation of their laptops.
7 years ago they had thermal throttling.

Yeah... i guess Macs wins...

Attached: 1439253119621.jpg (600x480, 110K)

Today Israeli space craft crashed trying to land on the Moon. It's designated landing site was near alleged Apollo-17 landing site. Coincidence? I don't think so.

based

I don't have a degree