Matrix > xmpp

matrix > xmpp
prove me wrong

Attached: 1554740677851.png (279x129, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues
github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues/364
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595
github.com/RRREEEEEEEE
github.com/matrixnotorg/matrixnotorg.github.io/blob/master/blog/2019/04/11/security-incident/index.html
github.com/matrixnotorg/matrixnotorg.github.io/pull/3/commits/f97ccad853a84b761d5700f3feccce1b771e83f3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buggy as fuck. everything involves sending PMs to bots instead of real integration. well meaning but not the future we want

nothing you said is true nor accurate at all.

sure buddy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-11 22-45-28.png (264x418, 28K)

Yeh that's true, xmpp is pretty fucking bad. What do you think about matrix though?

>posts integrations of other content for some random reason
you're truly retarded

That's for integrations.. Something xmpp will never have

that's how matrix "integrates"

>eating cat shit is better than eating dog shit

and xmpp doesn't
what about it?

are you fucking kidding me they got pwned a few hours ago.

i know because im still recovering my e2e keys

Attached: 00007upset.jpg (640x535, 36K)

>using software that has been hacked twice once they took 24hours and said it is safe, get hacked again

Attached: Untitled.png (1171x771, 56K)

what? that isn't anything to do with MATRIX LOL that's jenkins & their web server hacked, fucking idiot

But they broke into the street where they put their poster and changed the poster! This means that the inside of the building is shit too

>using matrix.org instead of literally anything else like halogen.chat, kiwi farms, OE, etc
jesus you truly are stupid.

kek

who the fuck is this arathorn guy?

Attached: 1487534239784.png (362x242, 63K)

ceo of the company that maintains matrix/riot

CEO of NV (new vector) the company being paid by sponsors to write the matrix specification & matrix synapse / matrix dendrite & riot.im

nothing they made was hacked, jenkins some meme java shit was hacked and they have shit server admins so their keys were all over the place and it got all exposed.

>trust random people who have no in depth experience the inner workings of matrix

>OR trust the people who literally made the whole thing

regardless of that i recently got proper internet in my shithole of a village and i wonder if synapse can run on an rpi without melting

Attached: thonkers.png (1111x597, 566K)

don't reddit space at me, buddy. I don't trust fucking anyone, and I definitely don't use matrix.org.

>letting baseddevs run your servers instead of sysadmins
>not updating your shit
>exposing shit that doesn't need to be public, to the public
>not having proper permissions preventing your entire network from getting pwned if one single thing gets compromised

Attached: 1544950059103.png (460x460, 124K)

Kiwi Farms is pussy enough to have their own Matrix server, so your point is shit.

No IP logging, though. That's nice.

matrix clients are yuck, the spec / server is yuck, and are even better reasons to stay away

Attached: .jpg (723x1719, 85K)

That's a very cute and funny bunny.

you're a pussy

>jenkins gets hacked
omg it's matrix!

Attached: Al_McWhiggin.png (308x400, 180K)

Attached: 1545514018365.png (167x62, 2K)

Look at matrix.org page

HOLY SHIT NOBODY NOTICED THEIR SHITTY JENKINS SERVER GOT HACKED LOLOL WOW

Attached: op is an actual homosexual.png (235x232, 17K)

matrix.onions

>me website is hacked only
> matrix and riot services dead

Yah OK bro no damage.

yea, the web server is hacked, buddy.
the server, that hosts the web and matrix synapse instances
nu/g/ everyone

The matrix homeserver was never taken offline by the hacker, the data was only stolen. Matrix.org is working fine, and of course any other federated homeservers are operating without issue.

This is a huge security fuck-up from a server infrastructure perspective.

Attached: 1539991990592.png (704x425, 72K)

>Posting an image that's been posted on HN and deleted at least four times in the last hour

Why would you "forward agent" by default? I've never ever used this option in SSH, just wondering.

because you wrote a script that logs into another server, and from that server logs into another server. This is a security risk because the server you forwarded your agent with, can now access your keys.

MATRIX WAS HACKED
THE HACKER POSTED TONS OF SHIT ON THE GITHUB
github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues

HAPPENING MAJORLY!!!!!!!!1

>what? that isn't anything to do with MATRIX LOL

kkekk

yea, what about it?
all of his issues are about their server maintenance, read them.
Read all of them. Show me one of his 10 issues posted that has to do with matrix specification or matrix synapse/dendrite.

You faggots are cancer

You can't trust a decentralized protocol when its centralized reliance fails catastrophically. Sighing keys compromise, etc, breaks the trust of average users wishing to install software. It's over.

what centralized failed?
Everybody I talk to is fine, nobody's servers had any issues at all and we've all been chatting about it and laughing at them ALL DAY. we have tons of servers up. Only matrix.org's synapse died.

I hope everyone shitposting on Github right now gets their account banned

Also all of your accounts are nothing but forks literally none of you can write code

Is there something inherently bad about Jenkins by default or is just that everyone goes out of their way to fuck it up?

I've never had any direct exposure to it but every cluster fuck I read .. I'm just getting this Wordpress-like vibe about it.

>Show me one of his 10 issues posted that has to do with matrix specification or matrix synapse/dendrite.
>OK How about a accredited journal medical publication that's done an actual cross section study showing onions consumption has minimal effects of semen quality: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595 I you don't believe science I literally can't help you.

imagine putting your actual code on your shitposting account you use for random PRs

It's a big bloated codebase that often has escalated permissions. The consequences of it being compromised are quite high. They didn't keep it updated, and they didn't restrict it.

Why yes potential employer, I can solve that whiteboarding problem. My Github? Sure, have a look at github.com/RRREEEEEEEE

yea, jenkins is fucking terrible and it's (((java)))

what
hey tthat's me, not you

Attached: 1537592139188.jpg (918x1632, 692K)

>Using LISP to talk about Java

Attached: zend.jpg (807x349, 60K)

>hey tthat's me
In that case, there's a second copy of index.html waiting for a fix.

vector.im, the thing almost every server uses for identification. currently you can't add an email to a new account. I jist registered on 3 other servers but they literally all use vector.im for identification. huge point of failure.

where is it at? I'll get on it
no, vector.im only maps phone numbers & emails to accounts, it isn't needed at all.

github.com/matrixnotorg/matrixnotorg.github.io/blob/master/blog/2019/04/11/security-incident/index.html

>he doesn't use halogen.city even though it's posted in this very thread
sad

github.com/matrixnotorg/matrixnotorg.github.io/pull/3/commits/f97ccad853a84b761d5700f3feccce1b771e83f3

10/10

>letting random Jow Forums people control your chatroom.

nobody controls shit, nerd

that's not how matrix rooms works, they don't belong to any single server. A server admin can't come into your room and start banning people.

lmao

Attached: 2019-04-12-201033_804x378_scrot.png (804x378, 55K)