What’s the coolest thing you could possibly think of doing with a Raspberry Pi, or better yet, a Pi Zero...

What’s the coolest thing you could possibly think of doing with a Raspberry Pi, or better yet, a Pi Zero? What about a USB, or an Arduino mini?

Attached: 8808B5E3-63AF-43C0-B459-4FF448510657.jpg (420x308, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jX1GaPgSheI
youtube.com/watch?v=D_QBlFIQk-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stuff it in your butt

coolness is in the eye of the beholder - some things i've done/tried to do

cluster of pi2s running docker swarm and openmpi (I think it was) - worked nice, planning to rebuild it after i neglected it.

pi-zero based IR wildlife camera - worked great, but ended up just buying a cheap chinese trail camera as prices dropped.

solar powered arduino taking temp/pressure readings - worked in theory but never got round to using it.

Attached: nekomimi cluster.webm (964x576, 2.37M)

They could have called this a raspberry bush

I think it was known as a bramble for a while

I thought brambles have blackberries

OwO
That video is cute as fuck. lol
I thought of a few ideas; like making a digital watch from an Arduino mini (idk if that’s even possible), replacing the internals of an old laptop with a Pi, make a portable programming station, building a Pi into my guitar for onboard effects; stupid shit basically
That’s brilliant. lol

compound berries like rasp/black/thimble berries have thorns, and I think really any big brushy dense mess of a bush can be a bramble.

they all sound pretty fun - another one of mine was re purposing an old appliance case to hold pis with working front panel etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=jX1GaPgSheI
youtube.com/watch?v=D_QBlFIQk-o

always fancied doing something along those lines but never have

Attached: 1501444844255.jpg (1685x1000, 529K)

>re purposing
reusing

If you're truly Jow Forums you'd bulk buy compute modules.

aye, it would be, thanks!

What things could you do with multiple little ARM cpus that you couldn't do with a compute-capable GPU or an x86 server board with 16+ cores?
It's a neat concept, but for what purpose?

Attached: 1520444898893.jpg (1500x1000, 320K)

Nothing. And a cheaper x86 system will be much faster. You can role play with clusters, but you can do that with VMs too.

Attached: 1344574133337.jpg (448x473, 70K)

can you do some mining on it?

so much this - buy a real cluster you fucking poorfags

Hint: if you can fit it in 42U rack its not a real fucking cluster

I'm not saying it's not a fun thing to play around with, I'm just genuinely curious about what kind of application a cluster like that would have. I imagine it would have a pretty low power draw, at least.

>weeb's toy is good for converting electricity to heat and nothing else

A friend of mine is doing a fighting arcade controller and also an Arcade w/retropie, and another buddy got some domotics like opening the light with a clap of hands or speech recognition to change the heat temperature.

Those are some usefull projects.

>Those are some usefull projects.

>gaming
fucking useless trash
>opening the light with a clap of hands or speech recognition to change the heat temperature

buy a fucking real home automation system you poorfag piece of shit

seriously, pifags need to just do us all a favor and die already

A little but it's not worth it with raspberry pi's, might as well use an old cell phone.
Even Odroids & other beefed up sbc's lack enough CPU cache to run cryptonight (cpu based/asic resistant algorithm) better than a 1996 desktop.
So while you can, it's a waste of time & energy - believe me, I tried.

>buy a real cluster
All clusters since VAXcluster have been rather lacking. Those had uptimes measured in years.

I'm using my cluster as an IDS with each node checking for something differently. I agree that a small x86 computer can do the same job, but since this will be on 24/7 the low power and low heat is really nice.

>seriously, pifags need to just do us all a favor and die already
More like, they should just PI already

Attached: oishii.jpg (369x704, 51K)

Attached: rimshot.jpg (350x263, 31K)

See like this is what I’m talking about, I want something as small and simple as possible that can do some pretty cool stuff. I thought about something like your pic related, and either wirelessly connecting to a main PC. I also thought about taking the smallest upgradable board (like a ITX Mini) and somehow building it into a keyboard, and attaching a small screen. (Like a cyber deck but a shit ton more powerful).

What's the point of making a cluster out of absolutely shittest tier cpus? What a waste of time.

my pi cluster was built to sort my dildo collection. by size, shape, color, vibrating/non-vibrating.
by erogenous zone effected and also if they are fashioned after animal phallus. Real or mythical.

this!

16 thread MINIMUM Xeons or neck yourself

Attached: 3ECEEC4A-EAE8-46E3-AA50-E707A843420D.jpg (720x890, 102K)

Can someone ID the keyboard/ phone holder in this picture?

I think this one is the same but cooler. Just look up Noodle Pi, and you’ll see it’s an option with them.

Attached: A0F8D871-33AA-4B87-BA63-B7A311A485D1.jpg (600x361, 139K)