When are businesses gonna figure out that open source is better

When are businesses gonna figure out that open source is better

Attached: AAC818A6-86D2-440A-89DF-B2AF9FB8C602.png (484x249, 53K)

when they employees learn to use open source software and when you'll be able to export perfect .docx files

when its actually offers innovative more useful/important feature than any of its contemporaries, until it distinguishes itself sufficiently as such, everyone is going to keep seeing it as an open source port of office suite and nothing more

When open source is as good as it's proprietary counterpart

Pic unrelated

at least they now have tabs... don't know why it took them so long to implement this

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 10.15.12.png (750x150, 73K)

honestly Microsoft Excel is miles (or kilometres for bongs) is miles ahead of libre calc

>innovative
It's a fucking office suite. It's mostly used by secretaries and office workers that don't even know what most of the features do.

Attached: waning hope.png (413x350, 134K)

>that don't even know what most of the features do.
Innovation isn't only new features, but UX and UI. It is your job to make it easier and more intuitive for the secretary to use this shit.

> It is your job to make it easier and more intuitive for the secretary to use this shit.
It doesn't matter man. Office boomers will hold on to their windows 98 workflows like there is no tomorrow. They live in a constant fear of breaking the computer and consider any kind of change bad.
You can show them all the shortcuts, hotkeys and whatnot designed to make their life easier and they just wont even consider it.
Most of them haven't even heard of the windows key shortcuts despite some of them being around since fucking windows 95.

Wait, they didn't have this before? How did it look then?

Excel shortcuts are a fucking lifesaver
>t. accountant

probably never

>How did it look then?
like microsoft office 2000 or whatver the version was before tabs

you mean like http, TCP/IP, email, irc, firefox, chrome, and more?

Getting a job could be first step for you to reach those "businesses".
Good luck!

When that shit stops crashing and changing its interface all the time. When I started my CS college we had some basic office software lessons and we used that thing and holy shit, every class there was an issue (I'm not exaggerating), in a lab with 40 computers, you could expect libre office would crash randomly on them. And there was this time they decided to update all machines and we got this new Libre Office version, shit had different menus, different styles, lacked some fonts, it was an absolute hell. One of the reasons MS Office is so popular is because it doesn't matter if you are using Word 2003 or 2019, things will be on the exact same place and 99% of the times they will be compatible.

When it starts offering tech support.
The issue with a lot of open source software is not that it lacks functionality, but that it lacks vendor support. Most companies won't touch software that isn't supported.

When did LibreOffice go away from the WordPerfect style UI? I liked that.

I think its customisable, as far I've seen in the video about it. You could opt out of using tabs...

Microsoft's tabbed UI is under a fuckton of patents.
They probably found a way around it.