/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1554335430730.jpg (1854x1500, 831K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dlang.org/
yosefk.com/c fqa/defective.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thank you for posting a programming related picture

Attached: 1541705582906.png (500x281, 208K)

Khm, fuck OOPsies

Thank you

Attached: 1554566460591.jpg (886x642, 119K)

Whatever, I guess JavaScript does rock!

Attached: 1486816369497.png (1110x1080, 912K)

Why haven't you learned haskell yet?

Attached: 1547412427571.png (658x855, 589K)

Yeah, another /dpt/ thread i'm gonna have to skip

Attached: 1499184542390.png (482x315, 134K)

And nothing of value was lost.

what common lisp can do that clojure can't?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_body_mahattaya_ginga__3d483dbcf7bfc78f881f81e5fb87c539.jpg (794x1104, 457K)

skip this website while you're at it

Attached: 1529386797999.png (300x300, 141K)

I was developing a poker tool, but today it was banned on the poker site. So now I will take a few days off and think about new projects.
It's kind of sad, I developed that software 6 years ago and today it ends.

>find an exploit
>keep using it
>

do you guys watch anime when programming?
its really hard to concentrate on both but i cant stop

Attached: andrejumld.png (477x476, 443K)

Working on large projects is such a drag. It comes down to finding out how it was done in other part, copy and modify shit and paste it all over, thats if you are adding more of same stuff ofc... and it takes so long to do trivial shit... find where it was, copy paste, edit check if it works, write damn tests... gaaah in the end adding one input takes an hour even if u are familiar with project

why is python so comfy

Impossible unless you understand japanese or watch shitty dubs. Then again I can watch a CGDCT with lolis and understand most of it without subs so I guess I should give it a try.

No, programming is a task which requires too much focus.

No. I have some background noise like youtube when I code easy parts. For hard parts not even music.

i do

dlang.org/
Redpill me on this.

Attached: Kacchan.png (1920x1080, 725K)

Literal deadlang. Don't waste your time.

cute anime thread

No, because modern anime is shit
SHIT!

What name should I give my wayland-native image viewer?

Attached: 1502637236461.jpg (517x545, 88K)

ur favourite touhou character

D is a hidden treasure, not many developers know it. But once you know it, you immediately fell in love. It is just superior to other languages currently available, in my opinion.

At this point in time D got quite mature. It can be used in really large companies with great success.

In my opinion it is now at the community to tell other developers about this great language, create articles, create content. .
This is now the most important thing, advertising done by the people who uses D.

Kind regards

anime is rarely good. watch manga and read LNs instead.
>segret glub
It will never be mature and will never have its own niche just like the other garbo langs including but not limited to nim, go and rust

>watch manga

"Marisa" doesn't have a good ring to it for a program name.
Maybe another cute animu gril name would work. I'm leaning towards "nori", which would be extra appropriate because Hidamaris do art.

Attached: 1554336504492.jpg (2645x3305, 616K)

It's just another iteration of C/C++ replacement. Sure it does some things better, has a different approach to some problems, but in the end it's just the same exact shit.

then the name of your 2nd favourite touhou character.

Deadlang has a GC, which immediately excluded it from the system programming club.
It's a language without a target audience.

that's not my point at all.
it's also optional you dumb fuck.

Because I have yet to finish SICP.
Halfway through Chapter 5, so I'm almost done.

>trying to learn asp core
>download a project from github to see how hes done it and mess with it on my own
>try to do the necessary changes like change database source etc to get it working on my pc
>can't get it to run without errors
Could it be that the version I'm using is newer and there are changes or am I too retarded to get it to work?

Attached: 1554985606255.png (700x700, 350K)

I did
but then I forgot because I never used it

the problem is that you're trying to use .net

>it's also optional you dumb fuck.
Not if you wanted to use the standard library or anything else. Even if they made it optional in the standard library like 15 years later or whatever, it's far too late. D has long passed its first impression and now literally nobody gives a flying fuck about it.

ahem it is
.net CORE

and I thought it was comfy wasnt it?

Give me a modern multi purpose language to learn in depth if I like C and Python but dislike C++

haskell

Attached: 1529337702144.png (630x1158, 560K)

Why are you trying to learn ASPy core if you're clearly a neurotypical?

So Jow Forums, how does multiplication (*) compile to? How does it complete the operation?

Get better at C.

for fun I thought I'd give it a shot why not?
>neurotypical
whats that

what is the error? I am sure there are plenty of asp core samples some of which are official

What programming language is the undisputed best for writing basically anything I want, and what editor/compiler do I need to download in order to start using said language?

I know anons hate spoonfeeding retards like me but I just want a starting point.

Attached: 1471855669705.jpg (2868x1836, 730K)

Depends on the machine. On my machine, numbers are compiled to Church numerals and multiplication is just a function.

every modern isa has a multiply op

python is brainlet friendly and can be used for lots of different things

Start by learning Scheme. SICP is a good starting point.

it compiles to mul minus the types fuckery

C#. It has unsafe blocks, good FFI and plenty of high level features to make you productive when doing console programs, webshit, desktop and mobile gui, games and even iot memes.
It is like python but faster, with static typing and less halfbaking things like function pointers.

Is posting images of anime girls holding haskell books is a good way to improve my skills ?

Attached: Yddoi9wsHUaUAfA_HmP6iAjOvgrG5ep-OXo2Riie82A.png?width=1200&height=628.272251309&auto=webp&am (1200x628, 578K)

Yeah, anime retards are the lowest scum on earth

>C#
Garbage.

>read hentai

based and lambdapilled

Attached: 1546344372661.png (961x582, 615K)

>for fun
enterprise webshit is not fun

>write comfy angular + asp.net core webapp, my first webapp
>finish it, works good in test environment and localDb
>buy domain and webhost which is using cpanel
>upload front end to it, lookup how to setup my asp.net API to it
>it's impossible and I should have done it in PHP
>have to rewrite the API in php
>no experience with php
>do some research and find out a tiny script .php file with some SQL commands accomplishes the same thing as a huge asp.net core mvc project with controllers and models
>mfw
Thanks for reading my blog

>What programming language is the undisputed best for writing basically anything I want
unironically brainfuck

asp core is as enterprise or simple as you make it to be. even if you know 0 things about it, you just add a new function in a controller and go to the action url

Assembly

too complex

yes

OCaml

Common Lisp.

>boss is on vacation
>boss's boss writes me an email, asking if I can do a database query
>it's a little bit complex, but only because I'm bad at JSON, so do parts of it in excel, all in all took me 20 mins
>Thank you user
>Oh, by the way, your boss have been telling me this was impossible for about a week now, guess he was wrong, haha
>boss comes back
>WHAT THE FUCK user YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU HUMILIATE ME LIKE THIS YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM TALKING TO ANYONE BUT ME IM GONNA SCREEN ALL YOUR EMAILS YOU FUCKING FUCK
>mfw

Attached: 1545692036495.jpg (284x284, 16K)

You should really beat up your boss in front of your boss's boss user.

I want to make contact listener for aabb engine. How to program begin and end contact?

Attached: d0dc63d0717c80938f1f74befa0e498b3811caf556cc885e9adcd23ed113c875.jpg (600x591, 122K)

>bad at JSON
how

give me your server ip i will ddos it than you will "take care of it" i will stop
Your boss boss: oh thank u user your the best ever i will suck your balls now..

Go right to the boss of your boss and tell him what happened, tell him he makes you feel unsafe (use that word, very important), he will probably get fired.

I almost never use it, and it was like if condition, get column from table 1, if other condition then table2, and I just didn't know the syntax for it

Also consider going to HR after that, if you have anything in writing of your boss shittalking you

>t. buttblasted retard who weaseled his way into a position he doesn't deserve

snitch

Ethnicity of this poster: White

Are you brain-dead? How is "white" an ethnicity?

he's a yank, let him be

This, C# is comfy and is always getting new features, highly recommend it

Or you could just learn a real language which already has every "feature" C# will add in the next decade.

Noone will probably buy it, they don't want to risk losing their bankrolls.

they truly are degenerates and is the ONLY reason i hate this website other than that its cool

An nigger who immigrated here and cannot adapt to the local culture is far more degenerate.

retards

ditto

Dude probably had a shit vacation, wife probably left him

Kill yourselves bootlicking scum

just learn about json objects and arrays wtf

Want to get into embedded but am incredibly noob. I've been told to start with Arduino to get a feel for things befote moving on to PIC and then ARM.

Arduino seems pretty gay but I'm willing to give it a go. Which model should I start with?

Arduino Uno is a great start

matrix is fucked.
was it incompetence or jenkins?

That's edit is horrible. Bend the text.

>using Java shit
BOTH

Attached: 1555070735831.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Thank you for your intervention, user.

>what i don't like isn't ""real""

yosefk.com/c fqa/defective.html
Sepplesfags BTFO.

I made a Jow Forums image\webm scraper.
wondering if it's too embarassing to place on github as a start of portfolio.
surely it's been already done much better but it's still something.

>seek mental health
ive probably been on this website longer than youve been alive, since day 1 i hated the weebs but back then they werent as degenerate as the ones (you) today are

>For example, the lack of garbage collection makes C++ exceptions and operator overloading inherently defective

Attached: 1549113858899.jpg (1080x796, 89K)