Do you *need* math to get a job in programming or will employers just ignore you if you're shit at math?

Do you *need* math to get a job in programming or will employers just ignore you if you're shit at math?

Attached: 1554136666922.png (657x527, 15K)

Well if you're bad at math you're low IQ and employers usually don't want low IQ employees.

This. Math is logic based. Programming is logic based. Being bad at one will generally translate to being bad at the other to some degree. I wouldn't hire anyone that wasn't good at math.

Logic is math. So, yes.

Math is not a requirement for programming but the two subject are very similar. So if you dont have the self control to sit down and learn math then you probably wont have it either for programming

You will need some math unless you're a web dev.

Math is not required but is great to use. You don't need to be a genius, but try to understand at least what a high school student should know, it will improve not only your career but your life as well.

no, but for advanced you should know good math

The most important mathematical concepts you need to understand are graph theory and other algebraic topologies, data structures, type theory, and algorithms.

If you can't grok that then you should reconsider writing code.

>and other algebraic topologies
Brainlet, stop using words you don‘t understand.

low math skills is for webdevs you wanna be a js fag go ahead you need only 0 math and 456 time consuming js libs

It's worth noting that you don't need to be great at arithmetic or taking derivatives or any of that.

It's the higher level stuff that will be more useful. You'll want to be comfortable with the basic concepts of algebra, but discrete math, set theory, and graph theory are the things that will help you understand and design better software.

If you go into 3D graphics, audio, or any kind of simulation work you'll need a lot more math for quaternions, fft, matrices, and so on.

If I barely scraped by in my Calc classes but did well in my Discrete Math and Linear Algebra classes, I should be fine?

I just started off in college but I'm starting to get into the higher math. How is calculus overall?

If you actually "did well" in discrete math and linear algebra then there is absolutely no way you are not also doing well in calculus.

Chances are you didn't do well in those two other courses you just though you did.

>just started off in college
>higher math
>calculus

Attached: 5F5C983E-FF53-43B3-A34D-5E67CC1E1DFE.jpg (400x386, 34K)

Math isn't logic based. It's just remembering a bunch of formulas

how do you think those formulas were derived?

Is your job to create new formulas?

weak b8

I got a major in math and computer science like a double degree thing, but I suck fucking ass at math. So I don't recommend it

My job is to be able to think logically about things. Same as what you need in order to derive math formulas.

You need to pass math classes.
you don't need math in real life, you can just use a calculator.

If you're going to get anywhere you need to be good at discrete mathematics

>don't know shit about math
>pretty decent at data analysis with big company referrals
>all interviews start with vectorial equations instead of actually relevant shit

Attached: 1554742607018.webm (427x240, 2.93M)

It's remembering a bunch of formulas if you're bad at math. Math is fully and completely grounded in strictly objective and logical thinking. There's a reason why it's generally regarded as "the language of the universe"

Vectorials are the final objective either way, are they not?

you need to know discrete math and thats it

you need math if you want a job without brainlets

I don't know, I work with the context of data not in math, otherwise I'd be a mathematician not a code nigger

You need math to be an adult

That's what programming is

No, like every other problem you encounter in programming, you don't need to know math you only need to know how to search on the internet

You only need to know more math than whoever is interviewing you... so, not so much.

Not really, no.
>t. Senior lead developer