Calculator thread

New nspires coming out soon:tm: still rocking my CX CAS rn
What calculators do you use anons? And why is the answer not a ti nspire?

Attached: ti-nspire-cxii.jpg (600x936, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sagemath.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ti-89 Titanium left over from college. But the part of me that's a hipster style-over-substance faggot kinda wants pic related.

Attached: 66e379cb8cee715c88b41d1a771cd328.jpg (1024x1350, 297K)

Casios are bretty good
Speaking of nostalgia / hipster bs
I vaguely remember my dad using an old HP calculator when I was younger it looked like this and I think he still has it

Attached: 003-1709.jpg (1200x1088, 100K)

You can't even use cx cas calculators on test so they aren't worth it for University math classes. I'd rather just use a regular scientific calculator or a graphing calculator.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Maybe in your uni lol I breezed through calculus on the back of the CAS

I want one of these even though I've already graduated and don't really need a handheld calculator anymore

Attached: IMG_0394-1.jpg (1706x2274, 638K)

based american education

Python programming sounds fun for calculator apps, and I assume its natively supported which is nice. I personally use ndless and c++ to write code for my calculator

good luck trying to get a simple derivative from this. not to mention don't ever put more pressure than needed onto the touch screen. if you want to use the rgn or weird calculator typing, then forget about it. i do think it does CAS easier than the nspire, but the nspire is much more accurate.

Attached: PRIME.jpg (960x577, 152K)

based like a motherfucker lol I did the same on all my maths classes

im constantly getting hassled by my coworkers because i carry my trusty casio spr-45 with me

Attached: IMG_20190412_194159.jpg (1500x2000, 440K)

citizen why did i say casio
i have a casio fx-100c too though

I don't use it much anymore, but I always liked my financial calculator.

Attached: 61trji1behL._SX679_.jpg (679x679, 45K)

i did that in calc in high school, but that made later math classes in college actually require effort and learning things i shouldve already known

50g because RPN BEST

Attached: 50g.jpg (1200x1200, 195K)

Gonna be going to college soon, prospective major is computer engineering.

Can anyone recommend a calculator that will do what I need it to? Probably little more bells and whistles than that.

Can someone explain why would you want a dedicated device instead of a calculator app on your smartphone?

84 Plus CE. I feel like the nspire shit is so extra, but that's because I don't know how to use them very well. 84 Plus and 84 Plus CE are just so easy to use and program, I love them

It's not a real python, its just some sort of interpreter that uses Python-like synthax and can't handle any real work for which you would need Python.

Chad 50G on the other hand is capable of some serious shit, even some sort of CAD apps exist for it.
I've aced all of my energetics courses with this, it's not allowed on my university but i smugled it in on exams.

Also are these calculators allowed on all university exams in US? Here in Croatia/EU we aren't even allowed to have a basic casio on most courses, have to plot bode/nyquist plots by hand and such shit.

Attached: !!d5peZw!mM_$(KGrHqEH-DMEqtIdSigNBKr8G4)NWQ___1.jpg (300x299, 14K)

To think that I bought this piece of shit for just using it in 3 classes and never using them again after upper division business.

Just a word of advice to anyone lurking: please use the stupid student fee and borrow a calculator.

Attached: 710om8YXEiL._SY741_.jpg (533x741, 84K)

For its price point its pretty stellar. Color screen, python support, comfy keys, modern design too. Thanks for telling me about these, I did remember hearing about it years ago but didn't know they had already released their stuff.

I have that and the BA II professional, never really liked them much (the plus in particular has shitty keys) but they got me through the CFA. I was more of a Casio fanboi, I have a CFX-9800G and Alegbra FX 2.0. But these days at work I just use calc.exe

Attached: 1379441.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Any good cheap calculators that will how more than one problem on the screen at a time? I prefer buttons over touch screens, and just want it for simple but long strings a math problems that roll into each other

50G is GOAT and NIB models are already like $400 used on eBay even though they were only recently discontinued.

Somebody's making a whole new OS for them that runs natively and not in the Saturn emulator, too, which is like 150x faster for most things. Core has been done for a while and now they're moving ahead with replicating all the functions in the original. The UI has been enhanced too.

But for my calculations and programs the DM42 is what I use these days.

>For its price point its pretty stellar
it's basically the same price as a TI-83, which hasn't been changed in terms of design for the past 20+ years, and plotting anything non-linear (nevermind multiple functions) is dogshit slow

>its just some sort of interpreter that uses Python-like synthax and can't handle any real work for which you would need Python
(not true, by the way)

lol i use a ti nspire cx cas
really powerful calculator and i really recommend it

Graphing graphs is also instant on the Numworks calculator. Pretty much the benefit of a modern chip.
A shame they do not make the TIs cheaper though, those components must be dirt cheap to make today. Pretty much printing gold for Texas Instruments.

TI-89 or nSpire CAS

TI-36X

Maybe I'm just a brainlet but why do these calculators exists ? I mean, I can't use them during exams (I study nuclear physics) and outside of exams there are plenty of solutions to graph plotting ad or function analysis. I don't get the point of them, can someone explain ?

best calc

Attached: python_sh-600x6001.png (590x590, 85K)

Not a single mention of the fx-991 ES? C'mon Jow Forumsuys, it's a legend

You literally don't need more than that.
Python and eventually Matlab on your computer will take care of the bigger computations.

Attached: 71-BKpz0SmL._SY606_.jpg (310x606, 31K)

scipy and tidyverse desu senpai

What do you mean by accurate? The Prime's CAS (Giac) is vastly superior to the proprietary solution TI uses.

>all these calculators with tiny hard to press buttons
You can get a tablet with the same capabilities for $50, and the touchscreen is honestly probably easier to use...
Or better yet, if your calculator is the size of a phone just use your damn smart phone.
Personally I use a laptop so I have a real keyboard and number pad.

Attached: 1555049000109.jpg (562x588, 173K)

When I use an actual calculator I use pic related or similar. If I need it to do more I use a real computer which is cheaper and faster than one of these tiny graphing calculators you have to use your thumbs to type on.

Attached: 712R-5OL44L.jpg (1300x1300, 210K)

If your school allows you to use calculators at all you wasted your money.

Lmk when I can bring a tablet to my exams or the sat/act

oh... see, I use calculators to get work done

this was the go to weapon of choice back in the day. graphic calculators...pathetic.

Attached: -2.jpg (242x465, 25K)

Attached: JOINUS_JS-83-MS-A.jpg (1001x1001, 101K)

I have that one. Got it for high school in like 1990.

>Got it for high school in like 1990
>literal boomer

Wrong, zoomer. Shouldn't you be playing Fortnite?

wish they had a black version

don't disappoint me Jow Forums
sagemath.org/

Am I using a pleb calculator?

Attached: 7198lV+ot9L._SY879_.jpg (420x879, 74K)

>50G is GOAT and NIB models are already like $400 used on eBay even though they were only recently discontinued.
there isn't a single listing actually selling for more than $100 and a lot end up going for $50-80, you retard