AMD CPU sales vs Intel since '16

why is no one talking about this.

Intel REALLY are in danger...

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 17.45.14.png (2560x1363, 1.6M)

Nigger fuck off. You realized how long incel has been dominating the cpu market in shares? It's better off for the market to let AMD take the profits so they can invest in R&D

>Chart represents CPU purchases of GamerNexus readers & viewers. Not representative of entire market.
Nobody cares what some basement dwelling gaymen spend their allowance on.

>based on data from readers and viewers of a known AMD shill
Color me surprised

>Gaymersnexus
AMD is still ways ahead of gaining a meaningful market share, even in consumer domain.
.t R5 1600 owner

>Intel "are"
Why do retarded yuropians say this? A company is singular, not plural. "Google does this" not "Google do this". "Microsoft steals designs", not "Microsoft steal designs".

Treating company names as plural is fucking retarded

Attached: Male vs female messages on OKC, Tinder.png (1700x958, 211K)

>t. butthurt Linus Shill Tips faggots

I despise all corporate shills regardless of which golden idol they pray to.

>Intel REALLY are in danger...
No, they aren't. Intel did screw up 10 nm which left them with limited capacity on 14 nm. That put them in a situation were demand for their products was a lot higher than their production capacity late last year. Intel did what any company would and should do in that situation, they raised prices on their mid-range offerings and basically stopped producing the least profitable chips. The situation used to be Intel i7's competing with AMD R7's, suddenly - here in Europe anywy - the choice was either a Intel i5 or a AMD R7. Intel's basically out of the consumer / PC builder game, they priced themselves out of that market.

Yet.. you're wrong about them being in any sort of danger. Prioritizing high-margin segments and selling every chip you can make into that segment is very profitable. Intel's doing fine.

Put very simply: If your competition is selling 100 units at a 5% profit margin and you sell 30 units at a 40% profit-margin then you're not doing bad at all.

nice try Schlomo

/thread
Intel's sales will come back if they produce more chips and prices return to normal. Brand loyalty is a powerful selling force.

stay mad Lisa

I'm making more money than ever before, why would I be mad at all?

Attached: fbadvibes.jpg (500x346, 43K)

Don't trigger the intel shills...
they might have a...

[wait for it...]

Meltdown.

that's individual market from a small sample.
The mindfactory sales stats are readily available to supplement.

Now show OEM stats.

Currently running Ryzen and already budgeted for the next one btw :)

I don't think europe understands the concept that corporations are literally people in the United States.

stfu retard

I'm never gonna buy AMD because I don't understand their chip naming scheme.

That's all it take for a low IQ retard?

I'm never gonna buy Intel because i dont like the color of their logo

it also just werks and I never had complaints

I'm also the type of person that thinks linux GUI is a waste of time

AMD has gained solid ground in the DIY market, who would have thought. They're still nowhere to be found in the OEM market, which is 95% laptops these days. People want i7 becuase that's what they believe is good, the fact that laptop manufacturers gimp their AMD laptops does the rest, let alone the fact that people hardly buy computers anymore.

AMD has a long way ahead in the consumer market.

One monolithic processor, please.

Attached: 4L_j8aVkfoD.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Amd cpus also werk

>why is no one talking about this
What are you talking about? We have multiple threads every day about this.

This. AMD NEEDS to be 10 years above to Intel at the very least to actually start to invest in their GPU division.

>Amd needs to be 10 years above intel at the very least to actually start to invest in their gpu division
Are you fucking retarded? if amd manages to get 14billion dollars of revenue this year their debt will be gone and they will be able to increase their r&d budget for both their CPU and GPU division by a fucking lot

14B revenue means jack shit. AMD has lost a lot of personnel and needs massive ammounts of R&D money and marketing money to actually put a dent on Intel's consumer and business market. This markets forgot AMD exists a long time ago.

We're not shilling hard enough Intelbros

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

losing personnel doesnt mean shit, you can just hire people whenever you feel like it, both nvidia and amd have lost important people from their GPU division but that isnt going to affect them too much, except from amd maybe because of raja
about marketing, i have no idea, AMD doesnt advertise even though they make superior products for a much cheaper price

14B lmfao are you on crack? their revenue for the last fiscal year that just ended is 6.5b, up from 5.something the year before
intel's revenue was 70 up from 60 to put into context just how fucking irrelevant amd is

>there are people attempting to use the english language right now that don't understand what collective nouns are

Not if Zen2 offers the same performance for half the price and power. We'll know that in a few weeks time.

>Treating company names as plural is fucking retarded
It's a fantastic way for foreigners, with irrelevant opinions, to out themselves

Ah, that's true user. Good point.

this: Gonna be a big ol' YIKES from me, dawg

Silence, Rajesh. Or Nigel. Whatever. I don't know what country you're from, but it really doesn't matter.

the real reason is that english is like their 3rd language for most europeans
amerisharts are a blight on this world

Attached: gay napalm.jpg (497x663, 30K)

>amerisharts
That's a funny way of saying "Jews"

Gaymen PCs make up such a small percentage of the PC market. Intel isn't going anywhere. Most consumer PCs, ie the majority of the market, still go with Intel.

OEMs are swapping to AMD due to Intel's shortages afaik.

>why is no one talking about this
Because the DIY market (let alone just GN's audience) isn't even close to representative of all the prebuilt PCs and laptops (a huge market that you can't ignore, which intel dominates) sold.
That said, a friend of mine recently bought a prebuilt gayming PC from HP (against my advice) that has a ryzen processor. Intel's shortages are definitely a problem.

Attached: 1501144877568.jpg (540x453, 73K)

>selling 100 units at a 5% profit
AMD doesn't produce 500mm2+++ chips.
that being said, AMD makes the cpus really chip as they have their own packaging line.
OTOH, intel not only re-purposes the expensive low yield xeons as hedt, but they are using 2 of them now glued together in order to hit EPYC.
I know that all these are very complex for you inteltards to comprehend, so let's go back to basics.
AMD even makes profits from CPUs sold at $120. They have a very cheap design. Imagine selling a Ryzen 1200 at profit and then sell the same package at $300 or $500 as 1800x.
Imagine that those same chips but doubled are now sold as $500 to $4000 TR and EPYC.
AMD runs at crazy yields, they had the nerve to drop TR to sub-$300 and offer a 32c64t chip on a consumer line.
Intel not only moved back to 28nm, for their chipsets, but they fucked up their FPGA business by never finishing the 10nm process, they sold a big part of their memory business to micron, they scrapped all of their IoT and sbc designs, they reiterated the same μarch 4 times thus far, they faked a 5g modem, their 4g modems can't even compete with 5 year old QC modems and on top of that they had to rush the company into the AMD roadmap with agile designs, chiplets and interposers.
>your competition is selling 100 units at a 5% profit margin
If this helps you go to sleep at night, fine, I don't care, but AMD never, ever sold anything at that low margin, not even on BD days. AMD sold way bellow $100 each SoC on xbox and playstation and they still made so much money to fully develop Zen.
You are so used to the Intel tax, where a 4 core CPU costs north of $300, that you believe that an 8core CPU is an exotic part for the rich boys out there.
Guess who is cannibalizing their binning process in order to double the cores for the same price in less than a year? Guess who released 3 CPUs in less than a year with only change the core count.
idiots come in pairs.

because it's just gamersnexus viewers

When I say personnel I mean engineers. AMD needs engineers for both the CPU and GPU division. That's a huge investment. AMD is irrelevant on the laptop market while having a superior product. That needs to be fixed by marketing asap. It is interesting to me how Apple has not apparent interest in using Ryzen mobile on their Macbooks. That would be a huge win for AMD as a brand. It would make them relevant by just having Apple mentioning them.

That's exactly my point and it doesn't make any sense AMD's irrelevancy in say the laptop market while having a superior product.

Amd cannot enter the apple market with cpus due to thunderbolt.
Amd cannot comoete on low power with ryzen, due to ryzen's design.
Ryzen almost hits intel levels of efficiency on laptops on high workloads but the interconnects keep the idle and low load consumption high.
Amd needs a seperate packaging line for laptops with one ccx and a small gpu in order to compete with intel.
E.g. the 1700 or 2700 iirc where bad at overall efficiency, but the apus with 15watt killed even some intels with 25 and 35 watt tdp.

amd had a big opportunity with APUs but they blew it, they should've gone all in on APUs instead of having them be a generation behind and only on budget parts
intel actually realized this that's why their gen11 igpus are such a big leap but those are coming out soon already so it's way too late for amd now, ice lake might just push amd out of the mobile market entirely desu

You bring Thunderbolt like it matters. Apple doesn't give a flying fuck about functionality if you have not noticed yet. Idle power consumption can be fixed by software with an ultra low clock step that can be a nice feature for Apple to talk about their nerdfest every year. They sure are in need of some shiny thing to whoa their nerds. Remember a lot of those nerds have vented their frustration with their underpowered Macbooks and Macbook Pro's. USB-C can replace Thunderbolt. Who even uses Thunderbolt anyway?

>USB-C can replace Thunderbolt
the absolute state of this board jfc

Attached: op.png (657x539, 110K)

Every cent of profit AMD makes is stolen from Intel
Buying AMD products is literally theft

Attached: e45.png (680x499, 1.4M)

USB-c ate thunderbolt for breakfast user

> source: gamers nexus
my fucking sides, truly embarrassing.

*CREEAK*

Attached: intel pin.jpg (355x355, 16K)

Last I heard OEMs are seriously considering AMD processors as their default builds, but enough about consumer electronics.

AMD is winning massive market-share where it counts, in the server industry, where margins are much higher.

>gamers nexus
>affiliated links
try again AMD drone

what about qualcomm tho