Tl;dr point me to scripting in linux

Hey Jow Forums 15+ years windows user here

Switched to ubuntu 6 months ago and although not been perfect, comming from windows feels like going from hell to a nice cold swimming pool.

Back at Windows I used to make a lot of tasks by creating and using .BAT files.

Now, in linux, Im trying to make a script that can download a file with youtube-dl and then upload it to an specified FTP server (Also, is there a way to invoke this from within a browser? (firefox, icecat or ungoogled chromium))

Attached: hg.jpg (636x960, 64K)

google for:
mousepad
bash tutorial
ftp upload linux
bash cgi

WTF this pic
delete this thread right now mods
fuck disappoint

>wow kind of hot
>looks in bottom right

Kind of related but not really, what the fuck happened to Ubuntu?
I used it up to intrepid Ibex then switched to windows because SharePoint and .NET, I installed the latest version and I couldn't find my marks anymore, everything also felt way more sluggish.

thats the photographer, idiot

>it's a trap
Heck yes

Sadly not a trap ;_;

use debian

gnome happened. never use that piece of shit. like another user said, just use debian or some other derivative. personally, i use devuan, but different strokes...

I kind of want to use Suse with KDE, any cons compared to Arch or Debian?

> Sadly not a trap
You mean it's a girl?

Attached: 1555094127753.jpg (225x224, 14K)

>Also, is there a way to invoke this from within a browser?
Browsers shouldn't really have access to executables (they don't if you run some SELinux / Apparmor / Firejail / ... for security) - but arguably if you lessen security, you could.

Read the Advanced Bash Scripting Guide.

Due to poor make up she makes your trap sensors go fuzzy, but she is indeed a >SHE

Attached: 21482084352.jpg (636x960, 89K)

> Due to poor make up
...No, the face is fucked up, it belongs to a male.

While we're at it, any good books to learn the basics of Linux (installation, how to use the terminal, etc)?

I actually went to courses my dad paid for me, to learn coreutils and regex syntax. Installation is a piece of cake anyway, but to master the shell, you may need to get a job and the knowledge will get to you, naturally. See you in two years.

How do I unsubscribe from your blog?

Hey, faggot. It's a hint. Maybe you shouldn't read a book on Linux, but rather use it and learn the workflow, or have other people to teach you.

OK I found out how to unsubscribe from your blog, thanks :)

its Jow Forums man, can you blame me

Kinda looks like a man tbqh desu

So yeah, got drunk from 300ml of whiskey, going to bed now.