>got compliments
>"So then, I see here that you have a 3.56."
>yep
>"Is there any particular reason why it's so low?"
>am baffled
>uhhh... uhhh...
>mutter something about projects and research
>"Aright then. Moving on"

Attached: 1530620310259.png (645x773, 24K)

Why did they measure your dick at a job interview?

Tell then you had to care for your black boyfriend’s ill mother for a couple of semesters

Lol

is that on 4 point or 5 point scale?

20 point scale

i found that dishing out the cold hard truth works best. it often absolutely petrifies HR normies. today everybody thinks or better pretends to think that everyone can become world class just by working hard. and when you go against this narrative, with brutal honesty, you often gain respect. bad grades? obviously because neither your intelligence, nor your memory retention allowed for more.

>"Because I'm not THAT smart. Did you get a better score?"
Would've won over the interviewer.

if a company asks for your gpa it's a shit company.

there is no fucking way a 3.56 GPA would be called low, at least in engineering.

suck my dick

If the employer was actually interested in hiring you, they wouldn't give a shit about GPA. The degree is only a piece of paper to them.

i'd hire a guy who said that over
>"Well, there were some serious health issues I was working with."
>"I was very busy with personal projects and research."
>"I was working full-time and was taking 20 unit loads"
or anything else of this sort.
it takes grit to work.

i legitimately got hired because of my 3.9, so this is bullshit

>I'm actually not that smart
>wow user you're hired!!
Later on the job
>your bug has cost us 1 million in productivity
>yeah sorry I'm not that smart

Attached: IMG_6683.png (322x395, 201K)

nah no need to be aggressive you know. just say that you could have improved your grade by a tiny margin through working harder, but in the end this was determined by your innate qualities. a long time ago i got a job exactly because of speaking like this. admitting that you're not top elite is apparently something only few can do. and honestly, i see no problem in admitting this when you have a fucking degree in CS or engineering.

Just say you were too busy sippin' lean, ripping bings and casual hookups. Duh?

what even is your point? if they hire you, then they took a calculated risk. faults happen in the real world. this sick obsession with perfection these days slows down everything so much its crazy.

the way he worded it was retarded, but it is honestly not wrong. Most employers dont need the best of the best and they know that. In fact they probably dont want someone infallible who is smarter than them, will complete training then fuck off to NASA cause of an offer they wont match. Most jobs any retard with a degree can do and then some, what they want is someone who meets the competancy, isnt lazy, is easy to get a long with and wont cause problems.

good, you know how to memorize shit and have zero specialization interests.

i dont know why you think i worded it retarded but im glad you agree still. to add to this: what people fail to understand is that those HR guys are not perfect machines trying to fuck you over or something. they too have their faults and pressures and seem weird because they simply dont know better. like when you get asked about why your grades are that bad. its a retarded question when you assume full knowledge on both sites. but the interviewer might be in a position where he is pressured to hire a productive employee but just doesnt know any better how to filter suitable candidates. we get asked "how do you code x". they get asked "how are you sure that candidate x is the right one". in both cases, difference in quality becomes obvious.

only boomer companies care about grades

I had a 5.00 out of 5 GPA and not a single employer ever cared about that.

Isn't 3.5 worthy of getting put on the Dean's List?

>uh user your resume doesn't mention to which high school you went

Attached: 1551938279395.gif (511x512, 105K)

Were you expecting them to bring it up and question you about your literal perfect score?

>tfw was homeschooled till college

Attached: 1553376497865.jpg (609x762, 66K)

fpbp

>A 3.95 GPA? Sorry, we’re looking for candidates that like to socialize and have a life outside of work. We find that it helps build synergy in our dev teams. Thank you for understanding :)

Attached: image.jpg (1300x866, 415K)

I had a C average, and only internships and my first job ever looked at it.

They all saw that I got an A in Algorithms and D in Physics and shit, and were ok with it.

because you worded it sort of passive aggresively and without any possitive attached. should always try to spin things possitive. OPs GPA is still pretty good so he could say the work he put in to maintaining it, or how it was lower and he brought it up. etc. but yeah interviews are an interviewer trying to get over assymetric information by simply having a conversation with people who have every incentive to bullshit, it is not a cut and dry exercise.

yeah in hindsight youre right but i didnt mean my message to come this way lol

Explain how this is the companies fault? You didn't exactly lie to them.

>I see you got an average of 2 stars in kindergarten, care to explain why its so low ?

Attached: ifunny.jpg (1200x799, 143K)

Honestly is really valuable, and also being able to honestly think about your strengths and weaknesses. Not everyone can do this and it matters.