WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

Attached: Screenshot (823).png (1440x900, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install gentoo

no, too radical, ill go for kubuntu
but for real, if we're going to provide a viable alternative to windows it's going to have to be something mildly accessible for mild retards like myself

damn this is like redditor bingo

>microsoft has to force people to install updates
>meanwhile us superior arch users run sudo pacman -Syu multiple times a day because we can't wait to update and become even more superior

Attached: 8xl1e36yctxz.png (399x1024, 228K)

BASED SANTANIA POSTER

>it's "dumb /v/ kid too fucking dumb to configure windows updates and everyone is at fault but him" episode again.

Cringe.

Attached: os.jpg (453x113, 59K)

no

Looks like you weren't updating for a long time.

Your best interest to actually do it so for security reasons.
Pajeets at Microsoft actually know what's best for you better than you do.

Attached: 1524132152944.gif (600x293, 2.14M)

>windows is a service
Daily reminder that global production of poison gas is criminally low.

Attached: gas button.jpg (682x515, 23K)

back to containment

Attached: 1524178257155.jpg (236x359, 28K)

Jow Forums(nel) is based on a Japanese imageboard (futaba/2ch) and /a/ was the first board, normie
you are the reason why people other than us even knows that this place exists, why the internet has gone to shit, and why Western society is falling apart. I can't force you to leave, but I can make it unbearable for you to stay.

Attached: 1549115666286.jpg (950x1024, 162K)

based tripfag

Attached: 1504634168103.jpg (1007x1700, 203K)

anime website

To turn off windows updates, mark the network you use as "metered". Never again will you have an update to install. Thank me later.

Attached: 1550558540123.gif (511x512, 105K)

Even in Japan, they hate you. They call you 'Otaku', which translates to unlovable loser. Sure, Cowboy Bebop was good, but it's not Dostoevsky. It doesn't merit a message board for discussion.

And don't get me started on all those cartoons with little Asian girls in strange outfits. That shit is pure cancer but it seems like that's the only cartoon tpye you 'Otaku' will watch.

Get a load of this faggot. This is an anime website and your opinion id politely discarded.

KUbuntu is excellent for a beginner. Pretty much plug and play these days.

Which one would be better for a newbie, but also has lower battery consumption for laptops: Solus or Kubuntu?

BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD THAT CLICKED "LATER" FOR THREE MONTHS AND REFUSE TO INSTALL CRITICAL SECURITY UPDATES RETARDS LIKE YOU ARE WHY UPDATES BECAME FORCED FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELF SHITSTAIN

>click another time
>continue using the computer normally

Attached: 25e.png (680x357, 189K)

Both are pretty much shit for battery life. Solus would be the worst of the two. If you're a beginner concerned about low resource requirements I'd look at linux mint xfce.

I have a Thinkpad W541 with an i7 and a Quadro K-2100 (the GPU is actually not very good now that I think about it, but still decent). My problem is battery life, even though I have a 100 Wh battery. I get ~5/6 hours just fucking around on Windows in Firefox, but only about 2.5 in Solus doing the same even after installing powertop and TLP. I should probably underclock the CPU, but I don't feel very comfortable fucking with that kinda stuff.

>windows is a service
Have you considered installing an operating system instead?

>Jow Forums anime webshite
Go back to your containment board you absolute subhuman

Install windows 10 LTSC 2019 it literally gets rid of all windows shit that you dont need and barely gets updates

Just updated the app you will get more features and enhancements

uh just click another time and do it later, what about that?

I only had issues with Windows voluntarily restarting twice.
Once it was on Insider branch when it ignored the "Another time" I chose - only happened on a specific version, never before or after.
Once it was on the regular branch (running on overclocked hardware) when it had run into some sort of a "problem" and forced a restart on me within a minute of notifying me it's going to happen.

Two precedents in several years are fine IMO.

what are you even talking about

guess where this clover comes from newfriend

>have to use Windows
>not using LTSC
>being a dumbass
It all checks out.

>using an outdated Pro with cut functionality
>calling other people "dumbasses"
It all checks out.

just use 7, it still just werks

UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS VERSION
This shit was only in the first version, I've used W10 for like 2-3 years and I have only gotten this prompt in early versions

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
"Update Now" click on that

actually nevermind this IS in the latest windows
it's just that you choose to skip every single update for i dont even know how much time

go back to r*ddit