/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1550146796076.png (1522x869, 813K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07PNFTPGB/
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
hardforum.com/attachments/117bksj-png.152770
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nvidiot

REMINDER

zen 2 announcement on May 1st
Launching at Computex alongside X570 boards

Do NOT buy cpu/mobo now.

amd shill

Will ddr4 price go any lower/higher in the near future? I'm planning to build a new pc near the end of Q3, unsure if I should stock up some ddr4 now in case the price go higher when the new Zen 2 is released.

yea but how much more performance can i expect?

Prices are based on on supply and demand user. Do you think demand will reduce or decline on a major new CPU release?

amazon.com/dp/B07PNFTPGB/
>AM4 server board.
Interes
>Assrock
Fuck.

Attached: gabu.jpg (576x512, 53K)

>I'm doing my best to avoid RGB Gaymer
Disable it in BIOS. Otherwise you'll end up with only the cheapo mobos... and the Pro4, the Tomahawk/Mortar that are pretty good if you can find them.

>But X is just about to come out

I hate that argument--now is there best time to pick up second gen Ryzen
>Probably not available for the next half year or more
>Going to have a premium slapped on them by retailers
>Inventory is going to be shit
>Haven't worked out any kinks

Anyone who has half a brain should wait until next year to buy Zen 2, if not wait for the eventual second revision. If you love having cutting edge technology and don't mind paying the associated premium, then be my guest; a fool and his money.

Attached: 1292527345190.jpg (390x356, 40K)

Attached: firefox_2019-04-12_20-05-20.png (1920x1080, 643K)

wrong, anyone with a brain would wait until the real price drop on ryzen 2000 hits after the announcement on 3000 series and until the release, dipshit.
there are no fucking price drops on 2000 series now so it's a fucking retarded time to buy those

>Intel's Nexus

Attached: firefox_2019-04-12_20-05-06.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

They're been fluctuating
Micro Center just had 2700's for $200, and now they're back up to $230. I highly doubt they're going to get any lower than $180, and from that standpoint, you're paying for the inconvenience of waiting since most people in this thread are itching to do new builds.

There's a difference between shopping smart, and going full autismo on fucking prices.

Attached: 1399039338465.jpg (532x502, 62K)

10-15% with better power efficiency.
It's less than 2 months away, brainlet. And if AMD keeps their pricing pattern, the 6 cores will be around 200-250. No point in buying now.

>6 gb cards in 2019
the absolute STATE of this general

Yeah at this point there should be no options listed under CPUs, just one huge
>H O D L
instead

Is ASrock that bad? i've never had any issue with any of my ASrock mobos

Just bought a 2700x, AMA

It's always dependant of series and products. For example, Gigabyte have the best Z390 mobo VRMs, but they also made one of the worst Vega 56 cards. It's hard to make blanket statements.

We feel sorry for you user.
Hope you don't plan passing on your genes.

Hello sir, do the needful and include vega and radeon 7 in the op, regards

>recommending AMD GPUs in RTG's current peasant state
lol

Asking again since I didn't get a conclusive answer last thread
Is a 1080p 24" VA panel suitable for working, web browsing and entertainment (movies and such)?
I'd like to get a secondary monitor (main one is an IPS 1440p 27"-er) but the IPS glow is putting me off from buying another IPS panel. TN is undoubtedly horrible for accurate colour reproduction, so the only option is to get a decent VA panel. Any advice?

Attached: 1545328951379.jpg (720x900, 47K)

>recommending 6gb cards
lol

you didn't even read, jesus christ

Isn't ddr4 overstocked anyway?

Get 2 4k 32 inch monitors.

Vega VII is a piece of shit.

t. rx480+1700 owner

Yes

>27"-er

Attached: 1510880625358.jpg (898x954, 435K)

I'm importing computer parts from China via Aliexpress to ship here in Brazil, taxation here is absurd and I'm short on money so that was my last option to get a half decent build.

Intel i5 3570 (used)
Gtx 960 (used)
8gb ddr3 1600 generic brand (new)
gigabyte ga h61m dso mobo (used)

Psu I'm going to buy locally to make sure it works under brazilian voltage
hard disk I already have one, case as well.

What are the chances i'm going to get fucked?
I did make sure that a bought from someone trustworthy and found other brazilians that bought the same stuff there but i'm still a bit concerned.

>implying 6gb isn't enough for the next few years

It's not even enough for today's games.

>used 960 off of AliExpress
That will most likely be some bios flashed kepler card, like a 670/760.

That's incorrect.

w-what's the joke here, friend?
27"-er as in twenty-seven-incher. Is there anything wrong with that?
thank you
no, thank you

This is anti-AMD bait and people are taking it to mean the opposite lmao
guy clearly larping as an indian
>hello sir,
>do the needful
>regards

Your loss.

Wrong.

By the reviews and videos about it, it seems to be legit, i'm concerned by the time it will last

Holy shit you're delusional
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
>inb4 shillware unboxed

Usually the first thing to die off is the fan motor. That's user serviceable. Don't worry about it, I bought the SSC version of the 960 a couple of years ago used, and it's still going strong, and I've not been exactly kind to this card.

>fake benchmarks where Steve just looks up at the sky
rofl

Happy to hear that, my atual pc is not even playing 1080p videos anymore, I can only play some snes games

Enjoy overpriced 3000 series and it being out of stock on the regular.

>Assuming it releases on schedule
>Assuming it doesn't have issues out of the gate
>Assuming...lots

Nice cope.

You might want to swap out the thermal paste on it if it's used though. Every year or so is a good time to swap it out. Just be careful with the fan power connector as it was a bit finicky on mine, had to pry it off gently over the course of a couple of minutes.

Oh and swap paste only if you really really need too.. I gained about 5*C under 100% load lower. So it's not a big deal.

>I gained about 5*C under 100% load lower
sorry that doesn't really make much sense, I meant: 5*C lower while under 100% load

hardforum.com/attachments/117bksj-png.152770
Have fun with this. Announcement May 1st.

Already have a B450 mATX mobo for a build. waiting for the R5 2400G to dip under $150. Its only a matter of time.

>I will claim every benchmark posted that is contrary to my arbitrary opinion is invalid because it is fake.
There is such a thing as losing an argument gracefully, you know.

What are the purported speeds?

Its hard to say to be honest. ASRock came onto the scene with cheap and not-so-reliable parts, so they have a stigma that follows them.

I've seen a decent amount of ASRock mobo's die from poor design. But that is from well over a full generation of chipsets ago. So based on history, ASRock has poor reliability. Not for everyone, but overall they had more failures.

Maybe quit posting videos from known nvidia shills?

>MOAR COARS
But seriously, that's a pretty brutal product stack for intel to deal with if there are decent IPC and clockspeed gains. I hope they ship with sensible coolers still too.

I understood, dude, I was really concerned about losing my money, I'm still a student and don't have any regular income, THANK YOU, now I can stop thinking so much about it

This looks more believable than the other "leaks".

stop thinking so much about it and, you know, study.

>known novideo shill
Explain

I didn't even post it, swifty. Besides, if anything all he does in that video is show that the 2070 is overpriced for its ~10% performance bonus over the 2060. If he was shilling nvidia he'd say "better step up and buy the 2070, goy" but he isn't, and not surprisingly, this angle is completely missed by you because you are delusional.

It's like adult legos, you'll be fine

Never recommends vega or radeon 7 when they're clearly better products just because he's too lazy to undervolt. He keeps shilling 6gb cards when most games these days use almost 8 and some even more.

Not really. Intel will launch their 10 cores cpu soon too. If anything, AMD just caught up to Intel with a new arch and a node shrink, while Intel is still using 14nm+++ parts.

I was going to buy Ryzen 1300X but OP recommended 2200G for minimum gaming. I don't trust integrated graphic, is there better alternative?

Don't attribute to malice what you can to stupidity.

Imagine if this turns out to be true. Will the scottish NEET kill himself?

That benchmark clearly shows that the 2060 basically shreds 1440p gaming out of the box and it's probably readily available in Australia and the rest of the world with good aftermarket cooler options, unlike Vega or Radeon VII.
>most games these days use almost 8 and some even more
If they're making use of that extra 2GB of VRAM it doesn't seem to be having a substantial impact on performance.
I'll believe it when I see it. It's going to be extremely difficult for intel to push their current architecture any more without runaway thermals affecting performance. The 9900k is almost a joke as it is.

>most games these days use almost 8 and some even more.
The literal point of that video is that they DON'T use any more than 6GB, and most are just fine at 1440p with 4GB on ULTRA textures

You're not fooling anyone, troll

Holy shit, all this cope from retards who got scammed with 6 gb cards LMOA

Reposting since old thread reached bump limit.

Currently rocking an overclocked i5 4570k with an R9 280x, 8gb DDR3.

I want to replace my GPU since it has heating problems and is seriously starting to show its age. Might also grab 16 gb DDR3 while I'm at it. Should I replace my MoBo/CPU simultaneously, or is my i5 sufficient for now?

My goal is to use the build for 1080p 120fps gaming. Getting a CUDA-enabled GPU would nice so I could use it for my research, but it's not crucial.

>I don't trust integrated graphic
What? If you don't want integrated graphics, you can just buy a 1300X

no, AMD, no. pls no. At least I'd be able to double my core count for decently cheap (hopefully) by the time Zen3,3+, or 4 rolls around

I own a Vega 56. The extra 2GB is a meme. The 2060 is a good card. You are delusional. Stop posting, kys, in whatever order. Thanks.

Attached: 1456529824916.jpg (470x313, 38K)

why cant i buy a AM4 mobo right now?
isnt zen 2 memery gonna be supported

lamaoing @ ur troll lyfe

If you want to stay on the same platform (advisable), get an i7 4770K or 4790K to go with more RAM and a better graphics card. If you want CUDA and 120FPS 1080p gaming, you're probably looking at a 1660Ti or 2060

Did you actually believe the 8 cores for $170 rumor? Lol, AMD isn't a charity.
PCI-e 4.0, more features, better memory support. Even if you don't need all that, I'm sure the current mobos will drop in price, so why buy now?

Why not link the post it was attached to?

>On the way, but it may be late.
Fucking DHL.

does the 2600x hold up stable 60fps on battlefield 5 multiplayer with full 64 player lobby, assuming the gpu is not bottle necking ?

Maybe in 1080p, and that's a big maybe.

im trying to figure out if 2600x will hold up for 1080p "forever" until i move to higher resolution lol

Just buy the 2600 and overclock it. Don't bother with the X variants.

im also trying to figure out if i get the x or not, i have my own cooler so idk whats the difference

only 20 more bucks for a better binned chip which will reach higher frequency is worth it

>Just overclock lol anyone can hit over 4ghz there's no such thing as silicon lottery

Only 20 more? Wasn't the 2600X like $260?

What is the most viable GPU option for a Sleeper PC to play modern vidya on a CRT? What was the most recent/powerful GPU to include a VGA port? Can I get away with just plugging it to the motherboard? Would an HDMI to VGA adapter add a lot of input lag?

Attached: Y5sS4BC.jpg (4000x2250, 486K)

2600 is $165
2600x is $190
on amazon

Nevermind me: I'm dumb. It's worth it, I was under the wrong impression on it's price

Yeah my bad I just looked it up, don't know where I came up with the $260 figure

msrp for the 2600x was 260 I think?

Faggot hipster questions.

It also has a better cooler included.

Please be nice. This is a Christian thread.

I just want one of those autistic nostalgia corners, no need to bully.

>Did you actually believe the 8 cores for $170 rumor?
I didn't "believe" anything, because no one knows what the new lineup will be. Generally speaking the more cores released, the cheaper the lower core count models will be, and I'll likely be looking to upgrade to a 12c from my 2600 in a few years. Even if Zen2 only goes up to 12 cores, the next full iteration of Zen will have 16, hopefully making the 12c variant for AM4 cheap

>this fuckass again
Do you really need to get blown out again, retard?

If you actually read the graph you'd realise that, for once, higher is not better