/spg/ - Smartphone General

Oppo Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: oppo-reno-10x-zoom-press-renders-leaked-553.jpg (770x433, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/help/camera-error-upgrading-to-android-pie-t3874870
youtube.com/watch?v=FXU1ZhBhLlU
anandtech.com/show/14072/the-samsung-galaxy-s10plus-review
apple.com/shop/refurbished/clearance
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any recommendation for Xiaomi phones?

Wrecked the screen of my current phone today.

What's a decent sub $400 phone for a year?

US with AT&T looking for a new phone with the following
>looks nice
>decent camera so I can take pics of my dogs
>$250-350
>good enough for light gaming

Are there any phones coming out I should wait for? Phones that I am considering are
>Nokia 7.1 ($350)
I like the idea of Android One. Is SD646 and 4GB RAM a good deal for that price?
>Xioami Mi 8 ($380)
SD845 and 6GB RAM for a few extra bucks is enticing, but i've read it has ads all over the phone. Is there anyway to get rid of them?
>Huawei Mate 20 Lite ($265)
Comes in at about $100 less than the others. Downside is chink spying.
>Huawei P30 Lite ($310)
Kirin 710 | 128GB | 4GB RAM

Is there a way to root the Xioami or Huawei with Android One? and is it easy enough for a noob like me to do it?

Note 7 Pro (the India version w/ 6gb and better cpu). They are available on AliExpress now.

They're great but be careful to pick a global version. Also try to get one under warranty.
I have my Xiaomi 8 SE since last may and the only thing I want more is a guarantee and a native English support

What would be a good budget phone? (under $300)
Preferably android

I'm thinking about one in Canada. Xiami Mi A2 for $179 Cad.

Any good way to fix a phone's GPS? This shit doesn't work no matter what I try.

there are a bunch of sensor calibrators on play store but i doubt they work.

Anyone have a poco phone? Still worth buying?

Fuck boys. I listened to those chink phone shills and got a note 7. Ads in the UI and miui is literal shit. How can I cope?

>no sd card slot
>no headphone jack
>3k mah battery

Attached: 1554935412525.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

>He fell for the it's just as good poorfag chinkmeme
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Use a different launcher or install lineage os on it?

How bad is it? post sample pics.

A chinkphone will only ever be worth buying if you are already used to chink quality of life or worse.

Chink phones are great

Motorolla

Worth getting a s10+? Coming from a s8.

>2019
>Jewnovo Motoshit

Jewnovo is highly incompetent.
Better off with LG these days, honestly.

LG has terrible resale value, and their prices depreciate really hard, which is nice for buying used or new. But 2 years down the line its going to sell for about half as much as the Samsung from the same generation.

China phone bad!

Attached: Samjesh.png (525x689, 75K)

I'm thinking about getting the Moto G7 Plus, what do you think? I have my moto x play and I liked it a lot but the phone is failling after 3 years now and I need a new one.

>Motorola is full jewish and incompetent
>Nokia is chink shit without the price
>LG is LG
>HTC is dead
Is samsung the only decent non-chink brand?

Sprint is offering the LG ThinQ G8 for $17.50/13 months. How bad of an idea is it when our current phones are G4's? I like the coincidental doubling of G4 becoming G8, but other than that idk.

wait 18 months, not 13

can we go back to the days when you had to turn the camera around to get a selfie? just remove the front camera all together

Motoshits don't have very good resale value, either. Your point is what exactly?

LG flagship depreciate really badly, in a year its going to drop to half of its original asking price. I'd say just pick up a couple of LS998/V30 instead, or just look at other brands if you're not particularly loyal to LG.

That doesn't fly anymore. People don't want to see or share how ugly they are so any phone released that can't into beauty modes or those snapchat live filters is doomed to fail. And from a practical point of view, I find the front camera useful for videocalls, it's much nicer when you have multiple people in the same room than a voice call.

I'm not defending Motorola, I'm just pointing out that as far as flagship goes LG has terrible resell price. Motorola don't sell flagships in the first place, so having bad resale value is expected, people don't buy second-hand midrangers. I picked up both my V20 and V30 for like 1/4th of the original asking price, a year and a half after they came out. Meanwhile, for the same amount of cash you'd be lucky to get a Galaxy S or an iPhone from the generation before. 2 years down when you upgrade, a poorfag wanting a fashion item will still buy your used Samsung or iPhone, they won't care for your LG, even if its the better phone.

Replied to the wrong post

We don't really care about it's selling price after we buy it. As long as the battery is better than the G4 and will be supported for a bit we don't mind. Sprint sucks in terms of phone selection but we've got something like $140/month for 3 people so we're not really too interested in moving over elsewhere.

Anyone with a Pixel 3? How's the battery for daily usage? It's 300 dollarydoos off but my current phone is fine aside from touchscreen issues.

I want a minimalist phone. The Nokia 3310 is bloat. What about the PunktMP02.
>pic related

Attached: mp02.jpg (740x516, 90K)

How great do you think the Mi Mix 3' 5Gs battery life will be with 3800 mAh + the SD855 if you keep it in 4G mode?

I'm honestly tempted to put down the $700 after taxes for it if it is on Asus Max Pro M1 or Moto Power levels

Attached: eggman-nega-sonic-rush-3.1.jpg (210x240, 18K)

kys

Fuck off punk

I'm going for pound for pound value and picking up a Redmi Note 7 (Global) 4GB/64GB.

Anything I should know about?
Is there a preferred type of screen protector? Plastic? Glass?
Should I buy it from AliExpress?

Express shipping?
Regular, slow shipping?

>5G

Enjoy your brain tumor

>ads in the ui
disable "Show recommendations" in the settings of each app that has them. it's not hard to do.
>miui is literally shit
don't tell me you didn't look up any images or reviews of their ui before buying

i would never turn 5G on. Anyone got any sources that prove 5G will fire ya? Trump just announced today we are getting 5G even out in rural areas, so even if I didn't have one they are gonna be pumping it into the airwaves anyway

And what is a "chink quality of life or worse" exactly? What isn't Chinese at this point, grandpa?

He means bad QC and buggy software that poorly apes iOS probably

That's just Apple specifically.

Unless you pay

I have to buy a new phone and was thinking about the Mi A2 Lite, is it good? Never had any chinkphone before and I was originally thinking of getting a Moto G7 Play.

The Mi A2 lite is plagued with bugs, look up "mi a2 lite camera error"

>forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/help/camera-error-upgrading-to-android-pie-t3874870
But it does use Android One, right? I'm a bit concerned about things like

Why are people like you so retarded?

There's like a million guides to remove them. It's not a permanent thing, even on the stock rom.

It's like saying a phone is garbage because it doesn't have the Facebook app preinstalled, like you're a special kind of stupid.

This. Imagine needing some 3rd party hack job to fix your phone

Seething Xiaomi shill

>Oppo
More like PooPoo amirite boiiiii XD

Vivo v15 pro or oppo f11 pro? Or any other suggestions for a smartphone under $400?

>XZ3 is 499 with the standard european warranty

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 26K)

In their "security app". Seen it other places too.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-08-03-02-531_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2340, 580K)

Ready for 5G bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=FXU1ZhBhLlU

damn, no one has a pixlel?

Best big screen phone for less that £200?

Was torn between the Honor 8X or the Huawei P smart 2019 (pictured)

Attached: BDB928AD-7FAB-4704-BBAF-022E9D4C8786.jpg (1524x1070, 150K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-16-42-30-867_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg (1080x2160, 186K)

>bought magnetic clamshell case for mi mix 3
This is truly hell that not even death can save me from. I hope no one here makes the same mistake. It's literally impossible to clean it to the point it looks acceptable.

Attached: 66-667450_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-407-watamote-just-kill-me-now.jpg (820x453, 89K)

I do love xiaomi phones

But definitely any time I set someone up with a xiaomi phone i preconfigure it for that reason, and remove some shitty miui apps (music, browser), then hand it to them

>It's literally impossible to clean it to the point it looks acceptable
What do you mean? What are you doing with your phone if your case gets that dirty?

Only buy chinkshit if you're gonna use a custom ROM.

If you use xiaomi.eu or even better mi-globe miui, those "receive recommendation" boxes aren't even there, and there are no ads.

If you're capable of installing a rom and want the best miui you should use one of those instead. The only advantage of the official global rom is OTA updates, so it's desirable to just tidy up the global rom and stick with it if you're giving it to a normie

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-13-02-13-50-560_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2160, 110K)

The case basically triples the effect of the ceramic back issues with fingerprints and dust and all kinds of dirt. You need to be in a vacuum chamber to clean it and even then fingerprints are much more visible than without the case. I admit that it looks fucking fantastic though. *flexes*

lg g7 thinq or lg v30?

Attached: 1544620856728.gif (640x360, 880K)

V30 obviously

G7 has better spec, V30 is completely blown open, cheaper and has no notch. I must admit though, the boombox speaker is pretty nice

Why is the front camera on my s9plus zoomed in on snapchat? This happened very recently when my phone updated itself, and it didn't affect my camera app only snapchat.
So basically if I take a picture at arm length it only shows my head and barely some shoulders, when it should show most of my upper body.

>he fell for it
C H I N K E D

previous thread:

Why don't OnePlus make smaller phones? What I wouldn't give for a 5.5" phone with front firing speakers. FUCK

LG G7 is on sale for $299 on eBay. Pixel 2 or LG V30 can also be found for similar prices. Xiaomi Mi8 or Mi Mix 2s are also good.

You know those can be easily disabled? I'm using MIUI and there's zero ads anywhere.

Miss my dumbphones

Attached: phones.webm (1280x720, 820K)

RN7

cope

Is there any way to root my huawei phone without unlocking bootloader? I have an ascend xt and am trying to debloat it

Shame there isn't any actually good dumbphones on the market.
I really liked the symbian nokias.

I have tiny hands
what are some good current gen phones that aren't huge
if the phone isn't too bulky I'll happily spend up to 600 but I don't mind something a bit lower performance within the 300 range
located in Germany, carrier I can adapt to

How come Sony's Z-series was so good, but the first 4 phones of the X-series are complete memes?
>Xperia X is underpowered
>X performance has shit battery life
>XZ tends to overheat very easily
>XZ1 is basically the XZ with a worse battery
I find that pretty sad, because I owned an XZ, but sent it back because it would overheat constantly and thermal throttle by up to 25%

The S3 girl is a cutie
I wonder what she's doing right now...

My mom got an xa ultra, I can't tell you why I hate Sony phones, maybe cuz they're overpriced for a company that has no market share

I had a XZ for a year, never had an issue with it. It'd get slightly warm under load, but so does other 820 phones. Only complaint I had with it is 3gb RAM means if I get a call while playing gacha games it'd get knocked out of memory

Sony XZ1/XZ2 Compact, Pixel 3, Galaxy S10e (only get the SD855 version, SM-G9700), Xiaomi Mi9 SE

already found the xiaomi mi9 se while searching
but thanks for the others
what are the differences of the samsung versions you are talking about?
the only thing I can find are differences in flash storage

android go for basic tasks?

Would a Redmi Note 6 satisfy me for casual use? Calls, internet and reading manga for example.

I've got a huawei p20 lite, my father got a new iPhone and the 6 S is out. Should I try it or keep the chink botnet

The Galaxy S10 phones come with a different chipset depending on what region they're sold in, either Exynos 9820 or Snapdragon 855. The Exynos version is completely inferior to the SD855 one, with worse performance, battery life, audio quality and even camera quality:
anandtech.com/show/14072/the-samsung-galaxy-s10plus-review

Officially Europe gets the Exynos version but you can find the SD855 version from grey importers (eBay or eGlobal Central for example).

>Should I try it
Why not

>I had a XZ for a year, never had an issue with it. It'd get slightly warm under load, but so does other 820 phones. Only complaint I had with it is 3gb RAM means if I get a call while playing gacha games it'd get knocked out of memory
Weird. I use my phones for media consumption mostly and the XZ didn't like that at all. It would heat up and drain the battery, but also wouldn't charge properly when still hot. I had to cool the phone to charge it properly ffs. And I had to really force myself to stop using it for some time to get it through a full day. What a shame, because I really loved the design

Attention handlets: iPhone SE is back on sale for $249, if you want one better be quick, they go out of stock fast.
apple.com/shop/refurbished/clearance

Same, the design was lovely. It would also lag a lot and using the camera or recording videos would just shut the camera app down due to overheating. Garbage

wow thats wild
thanks for letting me know
though if getting the NA version poses too much of a challenge I'll just settle for a xiaomi for now and then upgrade a year or two later
when the market has hopefully adapted to handlets again

Look here geniuses:

Need a smartphone that works on T-Mobile/Metro PCS.

Don't want notch nor a hole in the screen. Something that still have headphone jack. Good battery life and good camera. Under $700.

Is the exynos version inferiority something that can be addressed with future updates?