Why arent you buying a RV

Why arent you buying a RV

> no rent
> go wherever you want

1000 watt solar panels and you have like a legit mobile command center

share pics of RV

Attached: staellite-dish-on-rv.jpg (481x575, 110K)

>Really expensive
>Stupid cunt to drive or park

Pretty comfy otherwise, though you'll want to be more than a bit DIY-capable if you want to actually get anywhere with the whole lifestyle.

Wherever you want, that allows RVs...

Those internet packages...

because I have a wife, 2 kids (one more on the way), and 2 retrievers

seems cool except I dislike driving big ass vehicles and the maintenance must be a bitch

Time to neck yourself

I feel great though

This would be based. If you had a turbine on top or in the front while driving, you could generate electricity that way too. That way, when the sun isn't shining, you just take it for a few miles around, and you'll have power again.

Because space is nice

Forgo the wind turbine when in motion. It's just using the car's gasoline for energy, and you may as well use just the alternator/buy a generator

I too accidently parasites, otherwise I would.

Attached: thiskillstheman.jpg (320x341, 27K)

This was a Pic of right after I bought it last year, currently in the process of doing a complete remodel of the inside. New paint everywhere, new flooring, new countertops, tore out some cabinets and built in furniture and building new cabinets and a desk to go where they were... It's been a pain in my ass so far but it's getting close.

Attached: _20190412_193726.jpg (1920x1080, 654K)

lel nice meme

Sounds great. Any interior pics?

My GF has a bunch of before and after pics, I'll get some from her in a little while.

When SpaceX Starlink is launched this year you can put a small flat panel satellite antenna on top of the RV and get low-latency broadband internet anywhere.

>extremely expensive vehicle that you sleep in

I can't think of any reason I'd want to be homeless living out of my vehicle.

>no rent
>also no job
>if you want a job, you're living out of your car to work it.

One of my coworkers lives in an RV, he says its great. That dude is a straight up homeless person, he lives in a fucking car and parks it in public places like parks and businesses.

>not parking and dropping your sewage in walmart parking lots
How, user?

>>Really expensive
some can be had for pretty cheap. insurance is a bitch though
>>Stupid cunt to drive or park
literally git gud. went from not knowing shit to driving 35 foot dual axle rear engines around in about 30 minutes. most of them have backup cameras and big fucking mirrors so you can see just about all around you (some are better than others, though).

I agree on the DIY part, though, especially with bigger stuff. if a slide goes out of time or the water pump shits out or something, it's good to know how to fix shit yourself.

>t. work at an RV dealership/repair shop.

if I had more money than sense I'd build a replica of pic related and fuck off into the desert for a while.

Attached: 1469828841128.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Did this for a while. Older tour bus towing a Cooper s clubman in a trailer.

Worked well enough. But I decided I wanted property so I sold the RV, all my crypto, and 350 acres in central western Washington.

I stand by my decision.

Living room area before

Attached: ACS_0134.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

Attached: image.jpg (718x457, 182K)

But I do live in an rv, user

Living room area after, just finished the cedar trim around the slide out today, needs some more trim work done, formica for countertops and a new ceiling fan will be in next week.

Attached: _20190412_200214.jpg (1440x1920, 939K)

Back bedroom before

Attached: IMG_5096.jpg (1242x1643, 314K)

Attached: busstation.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

MORE FUCKING SWOOPS!

Back bedroom now, still a work in progress.

Attached: ACS_0301.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

I'm the mustard pretending to be a tool

I've thought about the RV lifestyle and it seems like a huge hassle.

>If I squat in an area longer than a day I'm sure I'm going to attract negative attention.
>Gasoline is not cheap, especially for a big gas-guzzling RV
>I'm certain that it's going to get worn down really fast

There's no way that it's worth it. I'd only ever think it's okay if I were confident I could squat somewhere and get away with it. Being "on the move" way too often isn't going to work.

you are a fucking tool

Lol, it's actually wood glue in a mustard bottle.

Sure it is buddy.
I won't tell anyone about your mustardtool

Nice and clean with plenty of room for possibilities. I'd like to build one someday as well. Batteries have come so far and harnessing solar energy has never been cheaper or easier, etc. Best of luck with it.

Why bother with an RV when you can take the trailer pill

i've seen these pieces of shit driving West on I-10 recently. what gives? Boomers migrating from Florida to Arizona or something?

why bother with an trailer when you can take the street pill

Maintenance and running costs of an 18 wheeler with the maneuverability of a bus and the only place you can legally park it is in caravan parks which cost money.

They're cold, cramped, not particularly soundproof and life on the road is lonely, even if you have someone to share it with.

Not to mention the nice ones are hideously expensive, especially new.

>> no rent
but you need insurance plus many places aren't going to want you parking for free

almost like people own rvs and drive them on the road or something.

Thanks. I'm not planning on doing a solar setup with this one, there's just not enough storage space for it and, being an ultralite, the extra weight of the battery bank would be a concern plus the roof is pretty flimsy on this model, I'm not sure if I could ever get panels mounted up there in a sturdy fashion. I'd like to get a heavier duty toy hauler in the future which would open up a lot more possibilities.

As this () user said, they're expensive pieces of junk that boomers buy to live their golden years in.

I'd rather have a big ass van
Cos you can take it/park it way more places, it'd be way cheaper to drive and on upkeep and i hate how boomers go to scenic places and then just cower in their rvs all day.

If i'm somewhere nice i'd set up stuff like tarps and a fire and hang out outside.

This is almost the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on Jow Forums. Use your gas engine to power a wind turbine to recapture the energy. Jesus Christ, were you trying to think of the least efficient way to produce energy?

Attached: B9239210-7959-4C0E-BD1A-BA8FE26986D1.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Had one then found out anywhere with water hookups costs as much as a motel, plus that 5mpg. It was comfy as a guest house though

Lived in a rental SUV with my wife for three months while doing an internship in the bay area. Cost me $700 a month, much cheaper than renting anything there.
Once I get a full-time job, I'll probably lease or buy one.

bump

you lived in a car?

My truck has a 400W 110VAC outlet on the dashboard. I can take it places an RV couldn't dream of.

Heat is hell. They don't retain heat, even the winter ones.

1000w solar panels aren't enough. You'd need to get the Honda gas generator everyone uses for this idea.

Also pad rent is nearly an apartment.

Attached: IMG_20190411_144522.png (340x255, 119K)

Why not have both an alternator and turbine?

imagine the smell

And by that I mean both the alternator and gas' energy help recharge a central battery system. If the turbine is light enough, it could help regen the battery while stationary on windy days.

Why don't I ever see /povertystation general/ anymore?

It ain't bad.
It is ideal for when you want to start living alone and move out of your parent's. But if they love you then there's no need.
Since RVs are more /diy/ than Jow Forums, like 65 and 35% respectively.