Lenovo IdeaPad 330s Notebook

I just bought a 600$ Laptop with:
- Ryzen 5 2500U 2.0 GHz
-512 SSD
-8 ram
-1080p
-and that shitty vega 8 graphics

It was 560$ plus 33$ tax. Was it a decent deal or did I get ripped off?

I don't plan on Using it for gaming. Just for work / school, random programs like FL studios, and browsing the web. I may install an indie game or 2,but that is not the point of it.

Attached: AEYA_1_20190102111210885.jpg (1280x960, 120K)

congratulations, you're a retard. If you don't care about gaming, you could've just bought a brand new sub-$200 chromebook and modded it with linux.

I think most of the price was the ssd

Yeah, the SSD and the CPU were to two main things I was looking at

I've done that before, Most 200$ laptops go bad in 1 ~2 years.

I literally do everything you're looking to do from FL Studio to the occasional indie game. You should return that shit and get a used business laptop. I got a Latitude E4310 for less than 80 dollars and it has suited me very well

You're a retard.

That's not really constructive criticism, that is just straight up shit posting.

I was thinking about getting a used computer at first. The problem was I have no clue how old something is, how damaged it is (was it overclocked?), and how long it would last.

I am not a computer expert, so doing something like that seems like it would be a gamble for me.

Where do you buy your used computers?

SSDs can be had for $0.10/GB.

I think it is fine if the Ryzen 5 performs well.
It has no m.2 though

I have been using this Asus Zenbook for years over my other laptops. At home I would only use a desktop as a main. That being said I fucking love this Zenbook and I own multiple thinkpads. I am torn between what to get next.

Attached: Zenbook.jpg (1920x1440, 905K)

That's because you left it outside the fridge dumbass.

> shitty vega 8 graphics
what are you talking about? It's a fucking fine GPU

People don't generally overclock their laptops that I know of unless it's specifically a gaming laptop so I wouldn't worry about that. I buy business lappys from ebay. My thing is, if it comes with a battery, caddy, ram, and successfully boots to BIOS with a picture to show that the screen isn't damaged, it is good enough to buy. A HDD is a plus but not required since it's always good to put an SSD in there. Having it come with a caddy and battery is important because both of those things are model-specific and can be expensive. A power adapter isnt really required since you can get a chink one for under 10 bucks typically. Always buy business if hardcore gaming isn't important to you, and any business laptop with any gen i5 can play most casual titles anyway (i just beat Celeste recently). Here are some models to look for
Thinkpad x220, x230, x250, t420, t430, t450
Dell Latitude Exx20, Exx30, Exx40, etc (the Xs here are various numbers. E6220, E5430, etc)

Really? What can you even play with it? Lmao

>no nipple
trash

Depending on how desperate you are, you could wing the new Wolfenstein at -25 fps with gimped everything. You could probably do decently on games from 2013 or earlier.

Again unless you are willing to shell out $2000+ for a gaming laptop that'll die in two years, willing to Frankenstein some older Workstation and mod the bios and pay for an MXM card from China that may or may not work, you're not getting a lappy that'll run BFV at 4K on Ultra.

SINGLE CHANNEL RAM. Complete retard.

I have seen people playing games with it on youtube.
Most of the time it is 720p 30~50 fps
It is passable, but not desirable.
I already have a gaming PC that runs most recent games at 1080p 60fps, and I have a PS4

>lappys

Attached: 1233696319207.jpg (382x300, 21K)

>tfw I've had the same 100 dolla laptop for almost a decade

Attached: tfwyourlaptopwilloutliveyou.png (680x840, 259K)

I got an HP Pavilion 15-cw0009la for the same price with:

-Ryzen 5 2500U 2.0 GHz (sucks the lock it down to that but the cooling ain't helping at all)
-120 GB SSD M.2
-1 TB HDD
-12 GB of DDR4 RAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
-1366 x 768 (JUST WHY)

The bad thing about it is the awful cooling, which can be improved by adding a second fan, I opened it already and it's possible. The screen definition is a turn down but not a noticeable disadvantage for media or productivity. For the price, design, weight, the two drives (I changed the 1 TB for 2 TB) and good amount of RAM, it was a fair price.

Attached: c05965715.png (474x356, 69K)

What model is that?