ITT: Things that macOS does better than windows

ITT: Things that macOS does better than windows

>superior audio quality
>better font rendering
>better hidpi support
>better software (we have office too, and also handbrake, and best transmission, and little snitch, etc.)
>better drivers/no BSOD
>better UX
>superior OS features (global menu, nuff said)
>unfragmented market (everyone on mojave)
>It's just nicer than windows

Attached: Ononoki Yotsugi chooses macOS.png (1995x1800, 1.09M)

>macOS is such shit that its main achievement is being better than one of the worst software products in human history

That's like comparing a cripple to a retard.

macOS is better than linux too (also so is windows)

Attached: sketch1494884393215.png (780x1610, 639K)

>superior audio quality
Yes.
>better font rendering
Yes.
>better hidpi support
Yes.
>better software
macOS-exclusive software is a fucking joke these days. Logic and FCP have gone to shit. Programs adapted from GNU/Linux tend to be better than their originals, though.
>better drivers/no BSOD
They better be when you deprecate hardware that's less than a decade old for no fucking reason.
>better UX
Subjective.
>superior OS features (global menu, nuff said)
That mostly depends on your use case, but the global menubar is indeed very good.
>unfragmented market (everyone on mojave)
There's still a shitload of people running Sierra and High Sierra because they're not throwing away their perfectly working 2009-2011 machines just because Applel decided to pull a QuickDraw3D with Metal.
>It's just nicer than windows
At this point, actual physical torture is better than Windows. So that's not saying much.
t. Macfag.

Attached: 1527374094329_0.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

Does linux have an answer for any of these points yet? These have been valid since 2012 lol

Attached: 1372780282833.png (717x975, 126K)

>saying anything good about any apple product
>ever
I hate you and want you dead and have also reported your post, please commit suicide

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 32K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1551560521695.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

>customisation (windows is extremely rigid)
>more granular settings OTB
>system-wide color managment
>ecosystem harmony with iPhone and Apple services
>almost zero bloat OTB
>only OS with custom file system optimised for flash storage
>used by Apple to make Apple things.

You're either a giant fedora or an Indian. No one else gets this distressed at the mention of Apple.

Not gonna bother with your bait. It's like you picked one, obscure, distribution and made that list from it.
As far as I know, this list could be a manifestation of retard's attempt to install gentoo or even arch.

Attached: Comparison.jpg (1000x867, 243K)

SEETHING

macOS is good, but the hardware is dogshit AND overpriced at the same time.
A hackintosh does not work properly for things that I require.

I am sadly stuck using linux, it fucking sucks, every OS is shit for major reasons, it's a real sad state for software developers.

>>superior audio quality
no difference
>>better font rendering
on hdpi, yes, on low dpi (mojave) it's worse
>>better software (we have office too, and also handbrake, and best transmission, and little snitch, etc.)
office is worse, transmission is meh everywhere so wtv
>>better UX
yes

>tfw using a perfect hackintosh setup
Only downside is I'm stuck on High Sierra until nVidia releases pascal drivers for macOS

Attached: Patrican Master Race.jpg (989x743, 203K)

Aka never, nvidia is windows only

But they released drivers for High Sierra and all previous macOS versions, my incel friend

me irl desu, I wish Apple made a real desktop like the old metal Mac Pro and didn't lock their shit down

>the hardware is dogshit AND overpriced

The OS isnt 'free'. It's all one package. How do you not understand this?

>They released drivers so it's all good
These drivers are trash, only retards would use nvidia card on anything else than windows

You don't even know what you're talking about. What's wrong with nVidia's High Sierra drivers?

Hard mode: use logic instead of emotion

Use search engine, you probably don't even know that your hack isn't 'perfect'

No OS is worth apple pricing, don't be stupid. They lock down the hardware to make it so you can't upgrade, and then gouge the shit out of you if you try to build a well specced computer in 2019, you'd rack up $5k+ for a PC you could build by yourself for like $800.

They price everything like it's 10 fucking years ago, you can buy a 2TB similarly specced SSD for the price it would take you to upgrade from 128gb to 256gb on ANY of their machines.

Keeping in line with this, you could also buy 32 GB of ram for what it costs to upgrade apple ram from 8 to 16gb.

Reminder that to buy a 1TB SSD from apple it would cost £800, for that price I could buy 2x 2TB of the fastest NVME SSD on the market.

you can suck my fucking dick buddy

Except I have an actual MBP in addition to my hackintosh, so I already know. Keep coping, my breh

Keep waiting for the drivers that won't ever come out because nvidia can't into metal

Why are you so emotional? Acer doesn't have physical stores, operating systems or any other services to fund so you only pay for the hardware alone. Why are you still confused?

I'm fine with HS for now and I already have mojave on my MBP.

based

?? Have no idea what's wrong with you, but these "issues" does not exist on mature and production oriented distributions.
For example, did you know, that top500 super computers uses linux? Why would anyone pick an unstable OS for super computer or web server, or for embedded OS?
Check mate, retard.

macOS is the best desktop OS, while linux is the best OS to run smart toasters on. You are literally retarded if you choose to run and embedded/server OS as your desktop OS, lmao

Attached: 1481087977117.jpg (329x399, 44K)

>it's the daily freetard acts like a raving applefag thread to give themselves an excuse to shit on apple users and evade getting their apple hate thread deleted

Attached: 1554936113003.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>a company that doesn't let customers repair their OWN products they purchased by design
>don't even let "third party" repairs anymore, even if you manage to figure it out anyway
>has physical stores where they price gouge on repairs, even though you PAY for a warranty also, which doesn't even fucking come with a $1k+ product
>even if you pay for a warranty, you still have to pay for repairs anyway

Wow..What a shock, and you think this is a good thing? You're everything that is wrong with the world, and you happily pay for it, and try to justify it on top of that.

>You are literally retarded if you choose to run and embedded/server OS as your desktop OS, lmao
Provably false since Linux users have a higher IQ than macOS or windows users.

Unfortunately my work issues a Macbook Pro to us and that's what we have to use and I fucking HATE IT

SEETHING

Attached: 1533804662967.gif (514x900, 140K)

fbpb

>suck dick

Attached: hh.jpg (474x266, 28K)

Attached: 1397165038511.png (1196x666, 1.19M)

Me and my faggot boyfriend hate niggers and kikes and will never do anal. We mainly just cuddle and sometimes suck each other's dicks, but that's pretty rare

I'll bite.
>no stability, no QA
Not on my distro.
>bugs
True, all OS' have bugs. At least my distro never pushed a bug into production where pressing a key granted sudo. You mentioned something about QA, right?
>poor hardware support
Linux supports at least one order of magnitude, maybe two, more than macOS.
>the lack of standardization
Does not affect my distro. I use one OS, not all at once. I don't give two shits what divergence some obscure distro has.
>lack of cooperation
Yes, the biggest open-source project in History lacks cooperation. Totally.
>a lot of rapid changes
If updates make you sweat, install Debian. Or macOS, the GUI tools are equally ancient.
>unstable APIs
Does not affect my distro.
>no native CIFS
Definitely false on my distro. Just today I mounted an sshfs folder.
>money
The company that makes my distro went above 2$B last year.

It seems to me like the biggest complaints on that list are standardization issues and lack of brand name support which honestly aren’t truly issues.
If you want brand name buy brand name, if you want generic get generic it’s that easy.
If there were a larger user base for Linux their would be more brand support and if it were standardized it wouldn’t be free. Freedom =/= convenience

Am I supposed to think macs are good because NASA uses them in the ground? You know what they use in actual space missions? Thinkpads.

Attached: 1344920058233.jpg (620x432, 118K)

Attached: V4zMzgx_d.jpg (640x437, 44K)

Reminder to report.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

cringe and projecting

I mean you could say stuff like MacOS or Windows is rolling release, but that's just being pedantic.
Most of these complaints are
>i-it does stuff differently than Windows/Mac!! That means it's shit
Try actually developing stuff on Windows, it's hell.
>excessive variety
>more choice is bad grug want one option only even if shit

>hey! Look! Everyone at NASA conference room are using Macs!
lmao

Attached: 1345425365053.jpg (550x473, 43K)

Yes, that's true.
Except macos is bound to the terrible hardware.
You can't run it on a good computer, so i guess that trumps font rendering and other weird fluff.

BASED

>Try actually developing stuff on Windows, it's hell.

MFC is hell. The Win API is hell.

Modern C# is great.

Yeah! Facebook!

Attached: image.jpg (834x829, 399K)