I'm going to miss it, lads

I'm going to miss it, lads

Literally perfect.

Attached: gpm.png (640x640, 21K)

Is Google killing another product again?

When aren’t they? It’s a miracle they’re still afloat after years of constant fuckups.

They're not receiving any new independent artists and the artists who make ads on there are already saying to get their music through YT Music.

Just a matter of time.

Fucking hell lads, I don't want it to go

>they weren't hosting their own music server
serves you right

How I'm I going to play my downloaded songs when Google finally kills GPM? atm I just upload all my songs to GPM

Attached: googlehomemini-FA.jpg (1900x950, 129K)

no_god_no_the_office.gif
darth_vader_no.gif
you_shut_your_whore_mouth.jpg
etc

This is the only Google product I've ever shelled out any dosh for and it has introduced to me so many artists simply video the "start radio" command. Ad-Free YouTube is an absolute bonus but unless I'm on mobile adblock handles that anyway.

I'll be genuinely depressed if Play Music ever goes away.

It's definitely going away and being replaced by YouTube Music.

That said, YT Music is definitely better at suggesting playlists and music, and seems to have the same range of music, but also some rarer songs I could never find on Play Music.

Only thing that shits me about it at the moment is that I can't import my Play Music playlist.

Also, make sure you toggle the "Music Only/No Video" switch. Fucking trying to get me to stream videos. Fuckers.

>YT Music is definitely better at suggesting playlists and music, and seems to have the same range of music
I haven't given YT Music a go yet but plugging in artists like Clutch led to their other project (The Company Band) and a bunch of Desert Rock like Brant Bjork & The Bros and artists like The Kings of Frog Island, Hermano, Asteroid and so on. Plugging in Infected Mushroom, 1200 Mics, and Shpongle led to a lot of psytrance and general psychedelic electronic I might never have discovered. I think Play Music's algorithm's are probably completely on-point. Infallible even. But unfortunately it's probably like a lot of Google products (RIP Inbox) where there wont' be enough adoption (especially subscriptions) to warrant continuing it... but I sincerely hope that they do because it's the only music service I've ever paid for that I feel has provided a positive return on the investment.

Forgot Truckfighters! "Gravity X" may still be one of the greatest albums I have ever listened to. At least since I realized /mu/ wasn't actually trolling about Songs: Ohia.

>not using apple music

niggas...

Yeah, that's an interesting point. When I searched, I found other suggested artists that lead to other things I liked. I tried YT Music, and the first suggested playlist was just slammed full of stuff I liked. I could never get the "Radio" channels on play music to do that. I was honestly super impressed.

I'm into 90's EDM and trance, so always challenging finding good stuff. I've been surprised so far. Other that that, it feels very similar. Interface is definitely not as good, but it's also not bad.

I feel the same way about ROI in this, but given you get YT Music as part of your GPM subscription, seems to be a win win?

>90's EDM and trance
See I fed it (Play Music) either Switchblade Symphony or something by Haujobb and BOOM - playlist full of awesome tracks like Die Warzau's "Gone Chemical" and Sister Machine Gun's "Wired" (seriously check this one out).

But it does have it's faults. I could never tell Play Music to start a Nine Inch Nails radio or I'd be getting who knows what of 90's-2000's alternative (Static-X, Jane's Addiction, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, etc). One trick I learned was if I wanted a radio station of a particular genre I need to start with a particularly obscure artist of the given genre. If I do that the results are amazing. If I start with a (semi-)mainstream artist I'd get (semi-)mainstream results.

Drum and bass is another good example. You spout Rusko or Skrillex and be ready for a bunch of face-melting, mid-range noise. If you say "Hey Google play Netsky - Secret Agent radio" (or any lesser/semi-known Hospital Records artist and you'll probably be delighted with the results.

Anyway I'm clueless about ROI/GPM as well but I get a YouTube Red (Ad-free YouTube plus "Red" videos") out of my Play subscription but if Play Music ever dies I might be stuck looking those services up. Until then Play's algorithm's are really good but they're still catered to the mainstream so asking for the obscure is the best way to to get a station that doesn't simply mimic whatever is/was on you local radio.

>Micacle they're still afloat
>Power every single search on the internet
I don't think it's a miracle, user

Attached: 1548011773892.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Interesting.. I might have to try that before they kill it off.

GPM = Google Play Music
ROI = Return on Investment

Start playing with YTM (YouTube Music) now to see if you'd keep it. I'm not as offended by it as I thought I was going to be. Also, the new browser playback experience is MASSIVELY improved. Sound quality is much better than GPM was through the browser too.

Now if only I could import my playlists -_-

Attached: WellItsNotShite.png (2560x1400, 997K)

>Now if only I could import my playlists -_-
And that'd break my heart if they killed of GPM. Perhaps another heavily overlooked feature is being able to start a GPM Radio Station based on a Playlist rather than a single track. If you haven't tried that yet give it a go too. I wanted me some r33t h4x0r music and found one one of the Defcon albums/playlists and saved that. Then I turned around and started a radio from that playlist and found even more shit.

If Google bumped the single-user cost from $10/m to $20/m tomorrow I'd probably keep on paying I'm honestly so happy with it. I've had Amazon Prime for years and neglect it's music offerings over GPM (I do prefer Amazon for video however).

Yeah, I'll be a sad camper if GPM ever dies. Anyway, at the risk of being redundant, if something you like ever plays over GPM that you've never heard before give it a thumbs up so it goes in the auto-generated thumbs-up playlist. Then start a radio station from that particular song. Rinse and repeat and you can end up with a playlist full of shit you might never have listened to before. Build playlists and then "start radio" from those... it keeps on giving. I've done it with EDM, Industrial, Jazz, Old School Rap, Classical, Military Marches... it's totally fucking nuts once you figure out what to do and make the algorithm work for you.

...and I guess if it does die (god forbid) I'll have to figure out how to do the same with YT music.

Fuck, I spent like 50$ buying single tracks in google play music. How do I upload them to the cloud storage google talks sbout?

There's a download option in settings in Google Play Music in the browser.

Just go there, hit download and pull down all the songs. Then you can put them wherever you want.

Cool, so they don't like "expire" after a while?

Not that I'm aware of. Definitely a Google Search question.

>buying music to have a hassle free experience
>no more mp3 hoarding
>can play "my" music anywhere
and yet now I need to download my bought music and store for myself like in the old days. maximum regret to choose google product over those "noname" shits like spotify, deezer, whatevers

nobody give a fuck about that cancer, same as ishittunes

>if
when*

>using apple products in any capacity

sweetie.

if you didn't see this coming after google's material design 2 push (where gpm was left in the dust) and youtube's music pivot you're retarded

Songza was better

Attached: 1541282180541.jpg (591x591, 39K)

>spelling Spotify wrong

Spotify works fine. I switched when I stopped using gcloud services

google and it's services suck, i'm glad it's gone

It's bad but other streaming services are even worse.

SOOO much better
I cant stress this enough