Downside of buying this for work + gaming?

Downside of buying this for work + gaming?

Attached: Capture.png (1448x602, 377K)

Söy

I'm too poor to buy it.

>$2000 burgerbux
>1050ti

Attached: 1540158204752.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

you're paying $2000 for a laptop with a 1050ti and lenovo's infamously bad 1080p screen, made by a company that installs actual spyware in their machines

All x86 based laptops are spyware.

Not even the 4k model?

> ever use a notebook for gaming
that's cringe

IT'S
WHISPER
QUIET

yeah but this one is extra spyware and for more than just the various 5 eyes spooks

>lenovo's infamously bad 1080p screen
seriously how did they make it as bad as tft screens of the mid 90s

and stay there.

it's not ccfl bad but I'm typing on one now and colors are severely washed out compared to even a mediocre LG G3 IPS display

>> ever use a notebook
that's cringe

it's not free as in FREEDOM op

My MSI GS63 laptop has the exact same specs, except it has the 1060 6GB card, it was $400 cheaper, and it's nearly a year old. Shop around a bit.

^It also came with a 1 TB spinning-rust drive in addition to the 256 GB SSD.

Crappy compromise 80WH battery, shitty screen, thermal throttling. You'll be better off with a p52

>msi gs63
I'm curious: Any problems? Complaints? Warnings?
What OS do you use?

>lelnovo
>$1999 for A FUCKING 1050Ti

autism

Shitty portability and shitty price to performance

No issues so far. I did actually de-lid it and apply new thermal paste, but I planned on doing that regardless.

Once you disable the damn gamer-lights and remove all the stickers, it looks like a normal laptop.

Running a dual-boot (factory Windows 10/Linux Mint).

Any hiccups getting mint onto the thing?

Nope, went pretty-smoothly.

Attached: hwinfo.png (1920x1080, 710K)

i mean it's nice, 2k seems like a lot though

Your Lap will get hot

That's an expected price.
It's a business laptop after all.

I'd say getting 4k on a laptop is a bad idea.
You kill the battery life for marginal visual improvements.

well, aside from the processor, the gpu, 1080p, the fact that in the price you are paying full price for windows 10 when you could just pirate it, use ubuntu, pay $10 for a grey market key, completely unidentified system memory and storage, as well as the trackpad, which is more than likely garbage, the keyboard may not suck balls, it's a great deal, you should do it, in fact, if you don't, you're a huge bitch

>as well as the trackpad, which is more than likely garbage
ThinkPads have good trackpads though.
I use both MBP 2017 and T460s and their trackpads are pretty similar in terms of swiping and tapping.

I paid $3 for a grey market key, wrth it

Thanks user.
Msi lapped never gets mentioned on Jow Forums so it's good to get some feedback on them.

My only issue is a minor (to me, at least) one.. There will be no "intense" gaming with this or any other high-end laptop with a discrete GPU... They get hot, and I mean painfully-hot. I use a cooling-pad, and I throttle the CPU down for most tasks. These are basically desktop replacements that can be moved easily and take-up very little space. If you can comfortably affford one, I don't see any issue.

Attached: chrome_UL83EmS6f1.png (1396x447, 569K)

*no "intense" gaming with one of the sitting on your lap* is what I meant.

Attached: 1553307062178.png (720x810, 564K)

I paid $0 for an LTSC iso and activator

epic

It looks nice, but i've heard plenty of reports that the fan control is absolute garbage.

I'm still leaning towards getting an XPS 15 over this, the "basic" i5 with non-ti 1050 is pretty much enough for me.