Why hasn't anyone made Linux more visually appealing?

Why hasn't anyone made Linux more visually appealing?

Attached: 1537849064914.gif (247x274, 47K)

Because it's up to you the user to do that :)

I wish people would spend more time making linux work better but every fucking distro spends have their resources on being sure it looks pretty

Attached: 1527151251857.jpg (786x1000, 420K)

Minimalism is visually appealing.

Attached: scrot.png (1920x1080, 174K)

because "visually appealing" is irrelevant to efficiency and workflow. a computer is a tool, not showcase for your quirky personality

Can't see anything that looks better than a tiling WM with no gaps and thin window borders

Because Linux is a kernel you dumb nigger

Instead of caring about visuals we should focus on the actual LINUX KERNEL, not GNU/Linux, if people really want they can just begin contributing to kde and wayland or some shit, but the real problem is the kernel. The kernel is bloated, it's got a lot of driver issues etc, it's a complete mess, if I were Linus I would just kill myself and delete the whole Linux project and let someone else recreate it better

They're too busy reinventing the wheel.

Attached: 1546321399663.png (1025x5000, 2.79M)

Kde exists.

There are plenty of great looking distros that look good out of the box. This is a troll thread though so idk why I'm replying.

No one who's not shitposting would post retard-chan and expect to be taken seriously.

faggot

B A S E D

Linux is for retards who think they are smart

Attached: 47739B6ADE284A1E9E7368EDE8E67DF4.jpg (1000x1028, 141K)

Depends on what your definition of appealing is

very rude

Attached: 1461042795993.jpg (654x867, 153K)

Linux is a kernel. It is used in operating systems. It contains nothing that could be made visually appealing.

Nigga, haven't you seen the desktop threads?

Attached: 1555118018858.png (357x326, 151K)

i wonder what it's like to have a double digit IQ and unironically think you're smarter than other people

sorry user

Attached: 8941BA81F52A47C18C6E117FB786FA76.jpg (720x1280, 158K)

don't you freetards have an open source project to contribute to for free?

cuck you.

Ubuntu looks beautiful out the box imo.

I think you overestimate how much effort is put into a majority of these distros.

90% are straight up derivatives and rebrands.

You can basically make any distro any other distro with some theme changes, icon packs and a few logo svgs.

Debian doesn't do this at all, the stock install is butt fucking ugly no matter what DE you pick on installation.
This is more a matter of DE and WM developers having no aesthetic taste and being unable to ship with a set of sane defaults that look good.

Tfw no mention of pop os or enlightenment os

who that?

Fedora pays more attention to having shit work.

using linux means you're retard LOL

Attached: 1554507627927.png (900x1500, 144K)

>Why hasn't anyone made this kernel more visually appealing?

fixed

I know a lot of people are not keen on it but I think the Solus 4 theme is really cool looking overall. Other than that, whether it's Debian, Arch, Void, etc, the DE you install always looks like shit because you're supposed to make it look good. Linux should never appeal to casuals, Ubuntu already does that and its quality has been gone to shit in the later years.

Because it's free. Making it visually appealing is the most expensive and time consuming part.

rice

What's a Linux? And have you tried doing any customization yourself or..?