How do I stop using Google?

How do I stop using Google?
I've used them since 2002 and I never thought they would get this evil.
I don't want to use Duckduckgo because the name is cringe.

Attached: google manipulation.png (774x805, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we dont keep personal data :^)
also
>we have top user search stats!1

>how do I stop using this thing that has a far less evil alternative that I know about but won't use because of the name

kys

go to myactivity.google.com

Ask yourself if you want that database to keep growing

I use DDG.

Just set it to your default search engine and you'll never have to actually type it out.

Do you.... do you actually go to the search site first before your search for terms? (Who is going to tell him?)

>myactivity.google.com
I deactivated most of that except youtube anyway

>Just set it to your default search engine and you'll never have to actually type it out.
I don't like it's layout and I don't like that it doesn't have the same information google does.
>Do you.... do you actually go to the search site first before your search for terms?
nobody does this

Why does google and youtube lie so much?

>I don't like it's layout and I don't like that it doesn't have the same information google does
DDG has "bang" searches where it routs you to other sites with little codes like !g or !wiki. So if you set it as your default you can still get to google easily if you need a more thorough search

interesting, what else can it do?

duckduckgo provides wastly different suggestions in OP's pic because it's generally used by much different audience with different beliefs and interests regarding social and political issues :^)

> How do I stop using Google?
Just say to yourself: "yes I can".

> the name is cringe
But is cute duck on logo.

you called?

Attached: 1527719892016.jpg (1731x3781, 938K)

Try startpage, it's what finally got me to change

Oh look another DDG shill thead.

Okay.
The actual search results are far different if you type why does cnn lie.

Google heavily manipulates their search.
Youtube does now too, the first few fucking pages of results for any news topic is msm news like cnn. It's a fucking joke, youtube was supposed to be a place where anyone could be a journalist, now they force the establishment news back on us

wait, why does duckduckgo have the same image results?
I thought they use google's services but don't manipulate the results

How do you find you activity? Do you need a google account?

i think they use bing
yandex is unironically the best search engine now but they give me capcha too often so fuck that

why does this stupid thing not tell you simple information like how old people are?
why do I have to do the calculation myself?

Attached: 2019-04-13 03_11_35-Window.png (1348x777, 164K)

>i think they use bing
I heard it's google

wikipedia has ages dummy

!wiki michael jordan

>all these idiots in the thread thinking corporations don't lie

It's a search engine, not a calculator.

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances

i have this in my new tab bookmarks but only use them for questionalbe searches

try startpage

i don't understand how you fucks are even on Jow Forums

half of that search is now self-referencing the fact that it was all niggers and the reason why that search was showing niggers is because no one writes out European people history like they do black people X

jesus fucking christ

show me the black people on european history, european people

...how fucking lazy are you that you can't subtract 2019 from another date without a calculator?
God fucking dammit...
This is why you have a smartphone, because 'Siri' is more intelligent than you are.

why can't I simply open a new tab and type in micheal jordan age and get his fucking age?

The main reason people don't use alt tech shit like linux and alternative search engines is because they're too dumb to make it user friendly and better than the mainstream one

I guess it's not a real search engine after all

Attached: 2019-04-13 03_26_12-micheal jordan age - Google Search.png (808x563, 55K)

wat

>...how fucking lazy are you that you can't subtract 2019 from another date without a calculator?
I can but I don't want to.
It's 3 seconds out of my day I wouldn't want wasted.
Stop making excuses for bad design.

>micheal

Is there an alternative for chrome on android?
dont say firefox

chrome on android doesn't even let you change default search to anything that isn't google

nakedbrowser/NBpro or whatever it's called

what about brave?

I've started using Qwant, and it seems OK

>why can't I simply open a new tab and type in micheal jordan age and get his fucking age?
Because DDG doesn't have a hundred developers and millions of dollars behind it like google does. It's not going to have every feature built in for brainlets like you. But if you put even the tiniest amount of thought into what you do, !bang searches become much more powerful than anything google can do. Opening a new tab and going straight to a wiki page from one line of search text is better than google's answer boxes. And there's thousands of !bang searches you can do, every searchable website I use has one, even ones for niche hobbies. It saves a lot of time and bookmarks, you just have to remember the !bang codes

Searx and/or Startpage

I've never used it Brave. I got nakedbrowser recommended to me years ago and have used it ever since on android. It's kinda janky (developed by one guy based on chromium) but the UI is clean and simple and it just werkz. I don't even use a lot of apps because it's easier to find the webpage than pull up a youtube or ebay app or some shit

>I don't like it's layout
You can customize it to a degree it can look just like Google

>what about brave?
brave is just chromium tho

>search history of Europe
>Google shows negroids
yea, seems logical for far-left...

>search engine
>to crawl the web for information
>google makes a search engine that does it ALL
>2010+9, user expects search engine to analyze and manipulate data that is being searched
>search engines that crawl the web for information is no longer a real search engine
this is why google has their dick so high and deep up most of your asses. WAKE UP

>brave is just chromium tho
That's great then.
Chromium with more features, it has tor and adblock built in with a few more things

>diesn't even let you change default search to anything that isn't google
Don't just lie like an asshole.

Firefox works fine here,
you may want to try Bromite (Chromium with internal adblocker and privacy patches)

"history of europe" shows maps and normal things on google though

user's point was that the only reason to combine the words "european history people" would be to throw "black people" in there somewhere, which is why all the results are images from crackpot we-wuzzery sites

Duckduckgo is slower than google.

Nothing will ever be as good as google so why even try?

>Firefox works fine here,
kek, it's so fucking slow and laggy, what a joke
I haven't used it in years

Hello Jow Forums,

I do not know if it's the best place to ask this, but here we go. I have a little bit of trouble in Java and I dosen't find the solution online. So, I hope you can help me. My teacher wants me to put the calcul's result in a String for some obscure reason. The problem is that, once initiated, the variable can not changing inside the String. I read somewhere that it is related to the immutable nature of Strings.

In "other words":

int x = 35; // I initiate the variable

String y = "Number of time I wanted to killmyself:" + x; // I initiate the String and

x + = 55; // I change the variable value

System.out.println (y);

// The console still print "Number of time I wanted to killmyself: 35" I need to have "Number of time I wanted to killmyself: 90"

Sorry if it isn't clear. My english is far to be the best.

>inb4 ask your teacher
He's not clear,. I understand nothing when he teach. His africain accent is too fockin ticc. During the class, I play Sonic Adventure and learn what I missed at home.

>inb4 System.out.println(y + x);
For simplicity, I'm not authorized.

Attached: f5db0ce1ed3bf06d74127cd626cc82dd3da8c19fbbeb53169aa6a0c9157a2aa5.png (657x527, 19K)

Cool
I love reading my own logs like that
I wish there was some kind of tool that let you do hat for all applications, not just Google services

Fuck, sorry, wrong place, I'm retarded.

Startpage.com OP

it's fucking google search without the botnet and it sucks more. If you're too trash to actually use the GOOD search DDG just use startpage

>Haven't used it in years
>It's so slow

hmm

its still slow dude, I used it the other day
both on android and on pc

Use startpage

works on my computer

Just use searx. It has a wolframalpha engine, which you can use for this kind of information.

Attached: Screenshot_Fennec_F-Droid_20190413-124540_01.png (1080x1758, 204K)

or just !wolfram steve jobs death

if you dislike the name, use ddg.gg

>looking up peoples ages
>bitching about search engines on a nepalese basket weaving board
Wasting 3 seconds on doing basic math are the least of your problems, fren

>myactivity.google.com
Don't log into google???

DDG is just a wrapper around bing with a few extra nifty features so they can claim they get their results "from over 400 sources". DDG = Bing.

>an intelligent post on Jow Forums
you do not belong here