2 gpus, 1 is discrete AMD, 1 intel iGPU

> 2 gpus, 1 is discrete AMD, 1 intel iGPU
> 2 monitors, each one connected to one GPU
> Boot to based windows, everything works without any config flawlessly
> Boot to loonix, second screen is black, only works at boot mirroring first screen boot messages.
> Into the trash it goes

Searched at forums and turns out Linux doesn't support multi monitors from multi gpus still in 2019. lmao.
Lincucks will defend this.

Attached: ass-pain-copy.png (191x245, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/319.12/README/randr14.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't need more than one monitor

This.

This. Linux is making you do things the right way and you can't handle it. Don't blame Linux for your insecurities and insufficiencies.

Screenlets coping this hard

It's not about coping. It's about understanding screen management. If you understand how to use your software and hardware efficiently, then you limit your waste in both money and time.

GNU+Linux and xorg are great software which in fact are showing you the right way.

You don't need fractional UI scaling for Hi-DPI monitors either.

Or GUI for most, even commonly done things like setting the clock really, just look up how your init system does system time handling.

100% this. niggers think more than one monitor is good. also the sort to think gui > terminal

You aren't connecting multiple monitors to your discrete GPU why?

I don't have HDMI port on second monitor

Then get a $5 adapter you cheap bastard.

>Lincucks will defend this.
Official drivers for GPUs are proprietary and developed by Nvidia and AMD, not FOSS volunteers.

Possible since 2013 you dumb fuck.
us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/319.12/README/randr14.html
You guys are a bunch of fags. Multi monitor setup is convenient. If you need to cross reference multiple text , instead of tabbing you can view at a glance on one monitor all of the needed text and wotk on the other monitor.

>Super+tab
>glance
>Super+tab
>resume work

So hard

Also, arandr manages multi monitor setups just fine, whats the problem.

For two GPUs, you just have to use a custom xorg.conf telling it which is which.

Or just glance without alt tabbing. And keep typing. Convenience.

Read the xrandr man page.

>not tabbing through windows

You are a mighty special one aren't you.

I use two monitors in GNU+Linux but I just plug them both to my GPU like a normal person. No configuration needed, it just worked.
and your reasoning for not doing it that way is ridiculous. The only reason I can think of for using two GPUs at the same time is when you're dedicating one to your virtual machine.

>just have to use a custom xorg.conf
This is why Linux will literally never take off on desktop.

>implying two GPUs is something normies do when they hardly even want desktops anymore
The most important thing is that things like that are possible, not that they are set by default. Only an autist can't understand this.

Windows supports it seamlessly.

>KDE forgets my screen settings on every reboot

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

write an xrandr script that will run on every login.

works on my machine

Attached: 499482b5.jpg (704x396, 35K)

>Multi monitor setup is convenient.
One widnow on the left for spotify
One window on the right for chrome
One window in the center for visual studio kode with carley
Can feel productivity skyrocketing